Notices
Galactica and Fleets News ADMIN ANNOUNCED, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA and
COLONIAL FLEETS NEWS
ONLY please.

Old August 27th, 2006, 07:41 PM   #1
cdlegend
Shuttle Pilot

Default Universal Playback to do BSG S2 on DVD

Hey fans of the UK... Just a little bit of news from Universal Playback which is a company in the UK dedicated to putting out the best DVD box set for the new Battlestar Galactica. On August 28th, they will introduce their box set of Battlestar Galactica Season 2. They've done a great job and the thing that I liked the best about this company is that they wanted to play homage to none other than the Original Starbuck... Dirk Benedict! Yes, he's on their blog and does the introduction for them. These chaps really wanted to please both new and original Galactica fans here... gotta give them that! The BattlestarFanClub has been working with Candice, a representitive of the company for about a month to announce to UK fans about this opportunity. So, there you have it. Of course, everyone can go online and visit the blog at http://www.universal-playback.com/battlestar so-- check it out. They have contests and photos, videos and more.

legend
cdlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2006, 10:26 PM   #2
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

There's a nice little 5-6 question interview session with Dirk if you click on the right hand links.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2006, 05:59 AM   #3
julix
Bad Email Address

Interesting...............and I find it interesting about Dirk being involved in this. But it looks like an opportunity and he took it so good for him. Whatever works.......that is my motto anymore.
julix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2006, 08:08 AM   #4
KamikazeAthena
Warrior Ace

The fact that he did that surprises me. His comments and the answers to the questions do not. There are some great jabs in there. I am surprised most of all that it was published.

I look forward to autobio 3!
KamikazeAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2006, 02:51 PM   #5
KJ
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewels
There's a nice little 5-6 question interview session with Dirk if you click on the right hand links.
Great to hear whatever's on his mind as always. His answer for question 4 regarding the A-Team remake is quite an eye opener, funny how he's ask one thing regarding the A-Team remake and more or less answers why he isn't actually in the Sci-Fi Channel's remake of BG to begin with. It's all about respect and respecting what came before. Neat how you can actually answer something without spelling it out so blatantly so much, crafty guy that Dirk.

Although its considered the unwanted 'Step-Child' of original Battlestar Galactica. I've got to ask when is Universal Playback or Universal in the United States going to put out Galactica 1980? Just wanting to know out of curiousity sakes. If Plan-9 can get a release on DVD, whats about G80 then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdlegend
These chaps really wanted to please both new and original Galactica fans here... gotta give them that! The BattlestarFanClub has been working with Candice, a representitive of the company for about a month to announce to UK fans about this opportunity. So, there you have it.
Not necessarily. Universal shouldn't be taking this long to release 10 episodes of G80, bad as it happens to be. Perhaps along with any material they shot like the half completed "The Day they kidnapped Cleopatra" episode as well. If there's any care or concern for all things Battlestar Galactica, then why hasn't this happened yet? Exactly how many times can a 10 episode series run on cable/satellite? Time to put this old series out there don't you think so!

I don't expect a heavy demand for G80 for it to get any DVD extras when it is ever officially released commercially. But even terrible TV series get DVD releases, so i have to ask why is Universal DVD department taking so long in not releasing G80 anyhow? I remember Jack Stauffer (great guy and gentleman) telling people last year about how troublesome it was for Universal to get round releasing Battlestar Galactica on DVD let alone restoring it, getting together and gathering many extras for it, making the interviews etc. Hell he said it wasn't even them who would've done it anyways, somebody had to push Universal's DVD department into preparing Galactica for a major release for the eventual DVD boxsets cos their department's don't even talk to each other its that weird! Now its doubtful G80 would even get the same wonderful treatment cos its... lets be honest with ourselves, its hardly a classic! However i think its high time it finally got to be released on DVD as well regardless of anybody's personal feelings towards it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdlegend
These chaps really wanted to please both new and original Galactica fans here... gotta give them that!
Yeah but the region 2 DVD release of TOS BG was on 7 discs but had only half of the extras the American DVD release had. Don't know why it happens but for some reason R2 DVD's always tend to have less extras compared to their American counterpart DVD's half the time. Why? Wonder if the new series BG DVD's will be the same when it comes down to the differences between R1 and R2 DVD's.

KJ
Old August 28th, 2006, 09:52 PM   #6
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly Warrior
The Lone Wolf

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
Colonial Fleets
3D Gladiators
Former Webmaster:
BattlestarGalactica.com
RichardHatch.com
GreatWarofMagellan.com
Web Tech:
LauretteSpang.com
DirkBenedictCentral.com
TombsofKobol.com

I thought the R2 TOS DVD's had some different extras than the R1 DVD's as well?
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"Respect the past. It brought you the present."
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2006, 03:17 PM   #7
KamikazeAthena
Warrior Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kingjason

Although its considered the unwanted 'Step-Child' of original Battlestar Galactica. I've got to ask when is Universal Playback or Universal in the United States going to put out Galactica 1980? Just wanting to know out of curiousity sakes. If Plan-9 can get a release on DVD, whats about G80 then?

I overheard a conversation that G80 will be released. When was not stated. I believe the source to be reliable.

Dy
KamikazeAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2006, 09:21 PM   #8
oldwardaggit
You old war daggit!

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner/Webmaster
RadioGalactica

I'd buy Galactica 80 if it came out on DVD. The writing for the most part sucked and it didn't have the main 2 stars for the most part but it still was some what of a nobol try and plus I remember the first 3 parter when I was a kid. Everybody was running around at school saying, Galactica is back and they found earth, so we all tuned in and the following week the kids where saying, where is Starbuck and Apollo? they are gone and that sucks but the kids were holding out hope that they were to return at some point.

I've always thought of Galactica 80 as a bit of a fun blast from the past anyway and the last 5 years has made it look even that much better. lol

Bring it on, I'll buy it.

OWD

OWD
oldwardaggit is offline   Reply With Quote