Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old December 27th, 2009, 01:29 PM   #1
KJ
Strike Leader

Default Atlantis, Mu & Lemuria and their ties to our reality and Battlestar Galactica!

Despite being told they don't really exist and the plate tectonics and various shifting of these plates throughout the eons of our Earth's development, doesn't allow for their place in Earth's ancient history (from what we're told?). however there are those who beg to differ on this, and its a fasinating arguement when its all questioned and put under the microscope.

Figure this will indeed be a find discussion fr this end of year and next year (2010 and beyond?).

Raising Eden Part 38 Atlantis and Lemuria ( Part A )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd30X6Zj9R0

Raising Eden Part 39 Atlantis and Lemuria ( Part B )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw3dC...eature=related

Is our history really controlled by the world's Governments and those that manipulate through conspiracies. Hiding our true history beneath Earth's ocean's? Its no wonder that these myths and legends are just that, cos perhaps they're some real deeper truths hidden in there.

Both these mythological continents are mentioned in Battlestar Galactica's opening monologue by Patrick Macnee (Imperious Leader). Far as Altantis and Lemuria are concerned. The 12 colonists destruction by the Cylons hands in the 7th milienium, and the original leaving of Kobol by the 12 tribes' eons ago in the series; also mirrors the destruction of these mythological Earth continents in retrospect, which disappeared and mayhave existed somewhat.

One also wonders their place in our world, and how these fantastic myths effect(ed) our own histories, although thats kinda clouded in heresy though?

Question to ask

1) If they did exist at one time, why is their existence covered up presently?

2) What elements from their supposed mytholgical history did Glen Larson and co truly take on, to develop BG's mythos?

3) Atlantis, Mu, Lemuria, Easter Island, Mayan, Egyptian, Phoentian, Toltex (spelling?), Mesoamerican etc etc. Where does all the elements of our history fit into the fictional world of BG beyond the motifs, ancient references, subtle religious context and whatnot on the surface?!?

4) Why all the conspiracy behind their denial. If they existed and certain signs and evidence point (Mu's supposed location off of Japan's coast?) to somekind of earlier existance beyond what we supposedly, already know of?

5) How much of our history presently is B.S.? Because of coverups or some higher powers wanting to control what we know (illuminati etc?).

6) Human Face (statue) on Mars surface! Which bare a vague resembalance to these earlier sculptures on Earth? Does this tie into earlier forgotten cultures here on Earth?

7) Retillian, lizard men, or giants of fiction from these legends. How much of it is true or hocus pocus? Including their ties to human E.S.P. and all kinds of superhuman abilities as the mythology and fictional account goes, of these places of myth?

8) If people from these ancient forgotten lands survived and spread across the Earth in time after their homelands were destroyed. Wouldn't it explain several unexplained mysteries going back thousands of year ago? Like how the ancient Egyptians build the Pyramids, even though many doubt the Egyptians and Mayans would 've had the fundamental know-how to use mathamatical measurements and building techniques to construct and create the ancient and incredibly scaled "iconic" Egyptian and Mayan Pyramids?

9) What are your personal thoughts if by acknowledging their existance, it would unravel many things you took for granted and had to disbelieve (including religon) suddenly.

10) What part and cultural facts/mythologies from these current documentaries and videos of these mythological places, would you and as an individual and fan of BG, like to take all-new elements from and put into Battlestar Galactica that wasn't used in the original classic TV series?

Discuss.....

KJ
Old January 2nd, 2010, 08:40 AM   #2
KJ
Strike Leader

Default Re: Atlantis, Mu & Lemuria and their ties to our reality and Battlestar Galactica!

A Couple more very interesting additional links on the subject matter!

Our Forgotten History Part 2; Lemuria

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM8_l-eU3RU

Lemuria / Mu - (2008 English edition)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgFCq...eature=related

Secrets of Lemuria

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAo6z...eature=related

Lemuria

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5OkH...eature=related

KJ
Old January 4th, 2010, 09:24 PM   #3
Sarika
Strike Leader

Default Re: Atlantis, Mu & Lemuria and their ties to our reality and Battlestar Galactica!

I'd be fascinated to watch these, if i had broad band....

Any links you can offer that I can read about these topic matters?

The Last Piscon Siress

HSH Princess Sarika Her Highness' MySpace
Sarika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2010, 10:36 AM   #4
WarMachine
Warrior

This is a good place to start on these matters:

http://www.crystalinks.com/lemuria.html

It's a great "intro" site, if a little on the "crystal-hugger" side...okay, more than a little, but you have to wade through a lot.

And, although I no longer work for them, iPhone+AT&T+YouTube=Awesome wifi connection-ness....
Old January 8th, 2010, 10:43 PM   #5
LZaza
Warrior

And the next thing I knew, I'd been watching You Tube for hours . . . It must be a conspiracy!

Interesting info, a lot of it I'd seen from other sources, some was new. Oh, the tangents you can go on with these You Tube links. And quite right that we could have a field day interweaving tidbits into BSG with the ancients visiting Earth and possibly populating Lemuria or Atlantis. Or both.

LZaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2010, 02:29 AM   #6
KJ
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarika
Any links you can offer that I can read about these topic matters?
Sorry for the delay in replying back to your questions, as i do find this topic very interesting myself. But i got so much going on right now besides fixing a few PC issues and writing up a few promised articles on here that truly need proof reading etc. But i'll try get back to you on this very soon, with some links to these debates, as i do find this subject matter very interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZaza
And the next thing I knew, I'd been watching You Tube for hours . . . It must be a conspiracy!

Interesting info, a lot of it I'd seen from other sources, some was new. Oh, the tangents you can go on with these You Tube links. And quite right that we could have a field day interweaving tidbits into BSG with the ancients visiting Earth and possibly populating Lemuria or Atlantis. Or both.

Glad my thread had that effect on folks, but not in a distracting sense though, lol. At the end of the day, we want to have some intersting debates and threads raised but damn, hours on youtube cos of my little thread?!? Hope you found it satisfying then!

I'll get back you you guys on this soon once i've cleared up a few matters and situations etc!

KJ
Old January 9th, 2010, 02:59 AM   #7
KJ
Strike Leader

Thanks for that link of yours Warrior!

It leads to a bunch of others i've quickly browsed at and, i'll be looking over those and bookmarking those pages.

To quote Mr Spock: "Fascinating"

Spock - Fascinating!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFods1KSWsQ

Lol.

Here are some of those links you asked for Sarika

Mayan Gods & Goddesses

http://www.crystalinks.com/mayangods.html

Mesoamerican

http://www.crystalinks.com/pyramidmesoamerica.html

Toltec - Crystalinks

http://www.crystalinks.com/toltec.html

Must say it feels good to learn something new even as an adult. The kind fo things you might have learned at school but had more of a yearning for, as adults our minds are too distracted! bu this stuff gets you kiddie feeling of wanting to learn again. Or as yoda in star wars would put it "unlearn what you have learned" and possibly start over?

The Mayan and Toltec pages; remind me of that TV series 'The Lost Cities Of Gold' (which is said to have a movie and possible new series coming soon?) and several of the Herge` Tintin adventures (ones in SouthAmerica), these are myths and legends that inspired severalof Bg lore and themes, so i say go "ape" over the theories and see if any discussions bring up anything new to debate over some more!

Seriously, if there's to be a new Galactica movie in a few years time. I hope Singer, DeSanto with Larson in tow, get the producers and screenplay/script writers to talk about some of mankind's lesser known, but more equally important older myths, mythologies and little known legends which might have there place in our forgotten (deliberately?) ancient history.

Discuss.........

KJ
Old January 10th, 2010, 01:50 PM   #8
LZaza
Warrior

Could open the door to suggesting that when the 13th Tribe left Kobol for Earth, it wasn't the first time that particular branch of mankind settled here. Lemuria and Atlantis certainly predate the exodus to Earth and the twelve colonies, after all.
Old January 10th, 2010, 05:12 PM   #9
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZaza View Post
Could open the door to suggesting that when the 13th Tribe left Kobol for Earth, it wasn't the first time that particular branch of mankind settled here. Lemuria and Atlantis certainly predate the exodus to Earth and the twelve colonies, after all.
Or, the sinking of Atlantis forced the Kobollians to lose much of their technology.....

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2010, 07:45 PM   #10
LZaza
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
Or, the sinking of Atlantis forced the Kobollians to lose much of their technology.....

I am
Dawg
Now, that has Iblis written all over it!
Old January 10th, 2010, 10:11 PM   #11
Sarika
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ View Post
Thanks for that link of yours Warrior!

It leads to a bunch of others i've quickly browsed at and, i'll be looking over those and bookmarking those pages.

To quote Mr Spock: "Fascinating"

Spock - Fascinating!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFods1KSWsQ

Lol.

Here are some of those links you asked for Sarika

Mayan Gods & Goddesses

http://www.crystalinks.com/mayangods.html

Mesoamerican

http://www.crystalinks.com/pyramidmesoamerica.html

Toltec - Crystalinks

http://www.crystalinks.com/toltec.html

Must say it feels good to learn something new even as an adult. The kind fo things you might have learned at school but had more of a yearning for, as adults our minds are too distracted! bu this stuff gets you kiddie feeling of wanting to learn again. Or as yoda in star wars would put it "unlearn what you have learned" and possibly start over?

The Mayan and Toltec pages; remind me of that TV series 'The Lost Cities Of Gold' (which is said to have a movie and possible new series coming soon?) and several of the Herge` Tintin adventures (ones in SouthAmerica), these are myths and legends that inspired severalof Bg lore and themes, so i say go "ape" over the theories and see if any discussions bring up anything new to debate over some more!

Seriously, if there's to be a new Galactica movie in a few years time. I hope Singer, DeSanto with Larson in tow, get the producers and screenplay/script writers to talk about some of mankind's lesser known, but more equally important older myths, mythologies and little known legends which might have there place in our forgotten (deliberately?) ancient history.

Discuss.........

KJ
Thanks for the links!
I have a book to recommend if you're interested, and it is the very stuff I digest on these topics,
"Dead Men's Secrets" by Jonothan Gray....I'm sure you would be entralled by it.

The Last Piscon Siress

HSH Princess Sarika Her Highness' MySpace
Sarika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2010, 09:09 PM   #12
KJ
Strike Leader

Unlike Atlantis i'm surpised how truly hard it is to look up information for Lemuria or Mu? Bookshops just aren't as partial to Lemuria or Mu as much as there is plenty of reading materials written on Atlantis!

Least the last two stated by me, have somewhat minor ties to the Mayan and Toltec myths and legends. Easter lsland is also something of great fancination in and of itself. One can only hazzard a fleeing guess at how Larson and co during the late 70's might've touch upon or even referenced those parts of ancient Earth history into BG's lore and themes far as the classic series goes.

Still here's hoping any writer worth his salt assigned to write for Bryan Singer's BG flick, can tie some of those ancient Earth myths into the new upcoming theatrical Galactica movie or at least make the exising or semi (old school)/all-new continuity work, with Larson's original series 'backdrop' of those classic themes and elements. Or give us something taken from those source materials "framework" of the TOS and work up something that has referenced the original but also grants all-new ones (somethings we never got to see or that we were going to etc?) without going all JJ Abrams/Star Trek on it.

While i'm realistic to the possibility of something totally new, i don't want something thats a complete do-over neither.

KJ
Old February 2nd, 2010, 07:08 AM   #13
Kronus
CDR Kronus' Grandson

Quote:
Unlike Atlantis i'm surpised how truly hard it is to look up information for Lemuria or Mu? Bookshops just aren't as partial to Lemuria or Mu as much as there is plenty of reading materials written on Atlantis!
If only my grandfather was still alive for this discussion...he was so into these studies and he tried to pass them on to me. (I too was very interested in them but more on a technological level than a civilization sociology aspect but it is hard to ignore).

I will need to go find my notes on this and begin writing my "spew" here. WarMachine, as to your "crystal hugging" statement, LOL, there were HUGE reasons for the usage of crystals but not so much so as you and I have been taught today. Religious or spiritual had very little to do with them during those times and it is part of the "teachings" over the centuries to believe that so it would "look" or have that "feel" of heresy. In fact if you could talk with some of the engineers of NASA they would be able to tell you about the "power" of the use of crystals when they are used properly.

KJ - In regards to specific books on the Lemuria and Mu, you will have a much better find by looking up books that focus on Atlantis and Easter Island or the Mayans. Since the only real bit of proof our historians have on these civilizations is that they existed main during the same era and disappeared around the same time, in fact some believe they were all wiped out (not sure about the Mayans) at roughly the same time. MAN I WISH I HAD MY STUDY NOTES. I am at work so bear with me, I am going off of memory so my "facts" are really speculation right now so be patient with me. I will site my work.

Quote:
Least the last two stated by me, have somewhat minor ties to the Mayan and Toltec myths and legends. Easter lsland is also something of great fancination in and of itself. One can only hazzard a fleeing guess at how Larson and co during the late 70's might've touch upon or even referenced those parts of ancient Earth history into BG's lore and themes far as the classic series goes.

Still here's hoping any writer worth his salt assigned to write for Bryan Singer's BG flick, can tie some of those ancient Earth myths into the new upcoming theatrical Galactica movie or at least make the exising or semi (old school)/all-new continuity work, with Larson's original series 'backdrop' of those classic themes and elements. Or give us something taken from those source materials "framework" of the TOS and work up something that has referenced the original but also grants all-new ones (somethings we never got to see or that we were going to etc?) without going all JJ Abrams/Star Trek on it.

While i'm realistic to the possibility of something totally new, i don't want something thats a complete do-over neither.

KJ
I think Glen and company did a great job overall in picking such civilizations since there is very little for anyone to go on with respect to current archeological discoveries and publications. With running with the popular "mythology" it was a safe bet that there would be some truths inter-woven that if or when more was to be discovered that the BSG story would line up to it in some form without "missing" it totally.

I PROMISE, I will research for my notes and read up on some of this over the next week or two and I will site my work on this for all of you.

Great discussion KJ! Very appropriate for BSG!
Galactica the Movie is coming soon!
Kronus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 10:12 AM   #14
KJ
Strike Leader

Of course, its not and wasn't just a bunch of references stated in the opening monologue of the episodes of Battlestar Galactica. The show literity took from our ancient myths hence, debating them in serious discussions should allow us to discuss how those myths and legends of Earth in general, should be translated into this fictional sci-fi creation, with such a fantastic premise!

KJ
Old February 5th, 2010, 11:49 AM   #15
LZaza
Warrior

A lot of this thread ties into a fanfic I'm writing, so many of these links have been real food for thought.

The Sumerians should be added to that list of ancient civilizations that we could link with Kobol. 6500 years ago would be about the right timeline, and the relative sophistication of their culture certainly lends credence to the Annunaki--those sent from heaven to Earth-- possibly being our Kobollians. After all, these people apparently mapped our solar system long before telescopes were even invented. And they spoke of a mysterious extra planet, the apparent home of the Annunaki, that I got the idea that scientists are actually on the lookout for. And of course, taking bits and pieces of mythology or--even more convincing--real archaeological evidence to apply to BSG lore can just be a whole lot of fun for those of us who are interested in history and willing to explain existing "conspiracy theories" and incongruent historical evidence by way of Count Iblis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BToUxSi-QwA