Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old June 4th, 2003, 05:32 PM   #1
Lazerdragon

Exclamation OT : Downloading movies & music.

This my second day posting here and I'm already discussing something off topic.., but this is very important.

I read in the paper today that some guy from Macon was arrested
for "Bootleging" the police confiscated almost 100 music burned CDs, and over perhaps 60 movie burned dvds and get this they were all X-2 AND The Matrix reloaded movies.

The reason I'm bringing this up is because I remember someone
saying they can burn movies from the Kazaa website.

I have nothing against that but I just want to let everyone know that the RIAA or whatever that organization is called is really cracking down on bootleggers and music file sharing.

Use your own judgement but WATCH YOUR BACKS !

SPREAD THE WORD AND BEWARE !

Lazerdragon.
Old June 9th, 2003, 06:41 AM   #2
emerita
Bad Email Address

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

Wow, did someone turn him in or was big brother watching over the internet...... I didn't even know you could watch movies on the internet...shows you how computer literate I am...LOL
emerita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2003, 07:30 AM   #3
AlternityOrange
Warrior

COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

I think an important distinction to make here is that the guy in question had 60 copies of the same movie. He was obviously intending on selling these which is an entirely different thing that someone just downloading something for him or herself. I'm not saying it's right, just that it's different.

-Edward James Olmos
AlternityOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2003, 05:45 PM   #4
Lazerdragon

Default To Emerita,

My guess is someone tipped him off, not only did he get caught
bootleging he also had a supply of marjuana with him and that only added fuel to the fire.

Lazerdragon.
Old June 10th, 2003, 05:59 AM   #5
emerita
Bad Email Address

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

LOL....These guys really think that they will never get caught.....now he faces double charges.......man...what a waste of weed ....uh....you didn't hear that....
emerita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2003, 05:46 PM   #6
Guinan

I heard on the news today that the Hulk movie was already loose on the internet...
Old June 19th, 2003, 10:11 AM   #7
captmiloman
Bad Email Address

Someone was posting all over the Radio-Info.com forums last week looking for the link to download The Hulk. I know it's getting expensive to see a movie in the theater, but come on. The only thing I've downloaded is radio related stuff(airchecks and comedy bits).
captmiloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2003, 05:07 PM   #8
Lazerdragon

Default My thoughts exactly.

And get this.., yesterday in NSBC news the politicians as usaul
have stuck their nose in it.

Some Republican senator made a statement saying that downloaders that download music illegally should have their software destroyed, I only caught the tail end of it yesterday you
figure out the rest.

It's amazing that they can make all this fuss about people simply trying to entertain themselves or lack for better word enjoy their
favorite songs that cannot be found in stores without paying $15.00 or up to $20.00 per cd but they can't put a stop to hacking
and spreading yearly annual computer virus.

The only time I ever used to downloading music was for my own
self enjoyment.

Lazerdragon.
Old June 19th, 2003, 08:20 PM   #9
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

actually I think the downloading of illegal stuff is in a gray legal area. Its the one who speads it to the whole world that is going to get into major doodoo.

btw- you can talk about this stuff, that's free speech, but don't like offer stuff for download or anything else publically. We don't want the forums to be involved with public distribution of copyright material.

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2003, 04:48 AM   #10
Guinan

Quote:
Originally posted by thomas7g

btw- you can talk about this stuff, that's free speech, but don't like offer stuff for download or anything else publically. We don't want the forums to be involved with public distribution of copyright material.
No problem there, Thomas. None of us would dare download music and movies for free, now would we??

pssssst...

Down here......you can find the hulk here.......

Spoiler

Neener Neener...... Made you look!

:drevil: