Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Old March 21st, 2003, 01:43 PM   #1
skippercollecto
Squadron Leader

Default off topic--video and music question

I suppose the answers to my questions are on the Internet someplace (or even by phone if I call Media Play), but I don't feel like spending an hour trying to track this information down if one of you knows the answers immediately.
I am looking for one music CD and several videos. They may not exist.
1. Is there a CD by Russell Watson that includes "Faith of the Heart" (the Enterprise theme)? I've looked in several different music store chains and see one CD by him in the classical music section, but it doesn't include this song. I've actually heard the song over the piped-in music at the local grocery store, not once but twice, but it doesn't sound like Watson--I think it's Rod Stewart! (I am not making this up!).
2. My two favorite episodes of SeaQuest are "Bad Water," (the one from the first season about the children trapped in the vessel on the floor of the ocean, as a hurricane rages on the water), and "Runaway Train" (from the third season).
3. My four favorite episodes of Voyager are "Blink of an Eye," "11:59," "One Small Step" and "Bride of Chaotica."
Are any of these SeaQuest or Voyager episodes available on VHS or DVD? I can't find them. Were they available at one time, and now out of print? Or haven't they been released yet?
I am not looking for copies that any of you have made--I can do that myself. I've purchased bootlegs of various CDs and videos off the Internet before, and have been disappointed in the quality. I am looking for actual licensed merchandise, licensed by the producers.
Mary
skippercollecto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2003, 06:56 PM   #2
Flamingo Girl
Squadron Leader

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

Enterprise Main Title
Available on the Broken Bow soundtrack
Lyrics by Diane Warren
Vocal by Russell Watson

And there is indeed a version by Rod Stewart as well.

"Dirk's always wanted to make love with himself, and now he could succeed!!!"
RH
Flamingo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2003, 01:44 PM   #3
skippercollecto
Squadron Leader

Default enterprise theme

I found one answer to my own question. I went to a different Media Play today and found a new CD by Russell Watson, entitled "The Voice." It wasn't in Media Play's computer, and it was on sale in the classical section, which leads me to believe it's a brand-new release.
Media Play didn't carry the Broken Bow soundtrack, although it had plenty of other Star Trek CDs it could order.
Mary
skippercollecto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2003, 05:19 AM   #4
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Faith of the Heart was originally recorded by Rod Stewart for the Patch Adams soundtrack. There was a CD single of it though I think you have to get that 2nd hand. The Enterprise intro is shorter than the whole song.
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2003, 09:14 AM   #5
emerita
Bad Email Address

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

Here is a fan club for Seaquest. I'm sure they can answer any questions you might have.....
http://www.angelfire.com/zine/samquest/

here is the fan club for Star Trek. You can also get any questions answered there on where to purchase the VHS of the Voyager episodes...
http://www.startrek.com/homepage.asp

For Faith of the Heart...here is a nice site I think you'll enjoy. It gives you the lyrics and all of the verses and you can also listen to it.....

http://suncloudrain.tripod.com/FaithOfHeart.html

Hope this helps you a little.....

Last edited by emerita; March 29th, 2003 at 09:18 AM..
emerita is offline   Reply With Quote