Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Old November 10th, 2003, 07:45 PM   #391
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Me too, Shiningstar. That's why I'm so sad they changed it.
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2003, 11:27 AM   #392
Quoshara
Klingon Wolf Trainer

A formula gets to be just that after a while - a formula. No change, no excitement.

I don't mind that they have changed ST... I only wish the change had been for the better rather than escaping back into rehash land with no regard for established continuity.

So maybe what I'm saying is... I just don't think they changed it enough make it better than it already was.
Old November 11th, 2003, 08:06 PM   #393
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

So how do you think it should have been changed
Quoshara?
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2003, 12:12 PM   #394
Boxey

*Peeks in after being kinda gone again and gives Em some grape juice heyyy!*
Old November 13th, 2003, 02:45 PM   #395
emerita
Bad Email Address

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

:p BOXEY!!!! My sweetpea! Where have you been....... Of course I haven't been regular lately...lol I have just started a new job and I am so tired when I get home that I don't get online everyday..... Glad to see you back!

Ouu.... and Muffit.... I have been as fan as long as you and I have very mixed feelings about Enterprise. The 3rd season seems to be getting better...but next week it looks like they are going to kill off Tripp...but as always it is probably one of those time distortion thingys.... I keep hoping it will get better, but I know how hard it must be for the writers to prequel everything that has been on. I don't know if I would want to attempt to write for it.....
emerita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2003, 03:08 PM   #396
amberstar
Strike Leader

I'm glad to see you too Boxey, and Shiningstar. It has been a while.
Old November 13th, 2003, 07:47 PM   #397
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Hi Boxey and Shiningstar! Hey, if you're Boxey and I'm Muffit, does that mean you have some mushies for me???

Well, I officially ordered my own Christmas present last night - yeah, I know that spoils the surprise but generally us parents pick our gift and get that anyway, I'm just skipping the middle man! Truthfully, what I really want for Christmas is only available over the Net and I generally do all the Net shopping. So enough yadda yadda, what'd I get? I have been dying to get the new DVD of the 60's academy award winner, "Oliver!". My teacher in 6th grade really inspired us to love and appreciate Dickens, and we read the book Oliver Twist in class that year. And as a surprise, she took the whole class clear up to San Francisco to see it! Those songs rang in my head for months afterwards. I think it won 7 academy awards. Absolutely wonderful movie, especially if you like musicals which I do. And the DVD is both Dolby 5.1 and anamorphic widescreen - perfect!!!

Ah, days gone by when musicals ruled the screen. Now only animated features have 'em. Think I missed my era by 20 years or so...

Old November 13th, 2003, 08:17 PM   #398
winterrose
Galactica's Space Angel

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
BG & LotR Forum

Default Hello

Changes are good sometimes,but also can be bad!LOL

Have you seen my viper I forgot where I park it !

Parking tickets i laugh at them..Hahahaha

Come join Battlestar Orion or Battlestar Galactica Club II a new forum all is welcome New and old Battlestar Galactica fans....
winterrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2003, 08:30 PM   #399
Stray Viper
Warrior

Default Trek woes

I am of the same opinion, I loved Next Gen but the other spinoffs were mishandled. DS9 had some good moments, Voyager got off to a good start then quickly crashed and burned, likewise with Enterprise. I guess the biggest difference between those shows and Next Gen (and the original 60's show) was one key missing ingredient: Gene Roddenberry. Apparently, only the Great Bird himself knew how to handle his show. Too bad.
Old November 13th, 2003, 09:23 PM   #400
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Default Re: Trek woes

Quote:
Originally posted by Stray Viper
I guess the biggest difference between those shows and Next Gen (and the original 60's show) was one key missing ingredient: Gene Roddenberry. Apparently, only the Great Bird himself knew how to handle his show. Too bad.
That's exactly my feeling Stray Viper. Mr. Roddenberry had a particularly unique view of the future - that in order to achieve space travel we would rise above our petty woes and troubles, and give rise to a truly enlightened world society. No money - no greed. No fighting - oodles of resources to spend on space travel. His was an extremely optimistic dream of a future in which everyone as brothers would share the joys of limitless exploration. And even though we might meet other planetary races less enlightened, he even proposed hope for those (Klingons suing for peace in Undiscovered Country, Romulan reformation, etc).

In his dream space explorers on the same side respected and helped one another - not this new "gritty" everybody's dysfunctional and nobody gets along stuff.

His unique vision is what unconsciously wooed so many viewers. A place and a time we can dream being a part of someday. Not the bleak sex-crazed nobody respects anybody episodes that everyone seems to be running blindly headlong into these days.

I sure miss him...
Old November 14th, 2003, 12:13 AM   #401
Boxey

Yo Muffit!Nice to see you again!What'cha up to?//So where ya been keeping your self Em mumsy and how are ya?Caught Warrior on icq today told'em i'm waiting to get the new Gallactica game for xbox.Knows it's going to be way cool.Been playing the new Morrowind Edition also.In this game ya can get turned into a werewolf if ya want. *L* Been playing it for 5 hours straight tonight.Oy!Anyway that is all I been basically doing is playing my games as usual.Anyway told Warrior going to message ya since I missed talking to ya so later gator. Off to waist another night away...Woot.
Old November 16th, 2003, 08:33 PM   #402
Stray Viper
Warrior

Yeah. Me too. I actually liked Star Trek back then.
Old November 16th, 2003, 08:48 PM   #403
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Quote:
Originally posted by amberstar
Hello all, I'm here too. Guess we have to keep the home fires burning for thoes who went to sunny CA.
I can't wait to hear what they have to say when they get back!

Ya know... its kinda funny that you said that.

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2003, 04:20 PM   #404
emerita
Bad Email Address

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

Well, we are waiting......we want all the details....
Old November 17th, 2003, 07:13 PM   #405
amberstar
Strike Leader

Default OOPS!

Me thinks That I'm the one who said that.

Em, I think conundrum is talking about the fires in CA at the time of the event. I didn't mean to be so ironic when I made that statement. Sorry guys, I didn't even notice it when I typed that.
Old November 18th, 2003, 08:50 PM   #406
Stray Viper
Warrior

Default LOL

I thought no "flaming" was allowed in these discussions? !p
Old November 18th, 2003, 09:59 PM   #407
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

:laugh:
Old November 20th, 2003, 09:00 AM   #408
Boxey

*Runs around the room cause i'm bored and hyper.*
Old December 1st, 2003, 08:55 AM   #409
Boxey

*Blinks* Where is everyone?Hadn't gotten no email from this place or nothing. *Looks around the empty forum.* Wonders if anyone seen the preview of the new Gal? *Gags* I did watched it for 5 minutes and then switched the channel. *L*
Old December 1st, 2003, 12:27 PM   #410
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Hi Boxey! Guess it's just you and me. It's probably the sting of this awful new mini that has everybody unable to just chat amiably. That's what it does for me, anyway.

Old December 1st, 2003, 03:31 PM   #411
Boxey

*Sighs* I thought that what it was Muffit.Got way mad to when they was telling us all originals to shutup also.I was going to get the xbox game to of Batllestar Gallactica but I changed my mine after seeing there coming up with cheats for it during the show on tv.So now i'm not getting it cause there trying to lure people it seems to watch it now using that tactic.
Old December 1st, 2003, 03:42 PM   #412
emerita
Bad Email Address

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

Hi guys, I'm in a sad mood now and haven't been around much. I always get this way before Christmas when I don't have much money to spend.....but I will feel better after the first of the year......so anyway, I guess it is the three of us........
Old December 1st, 2003, 03:50 PM   #413
Boxey

*Hugs Em if ya was closer to me I would send ya a gift and really i'm the same way lost my grandma and mom and grandpa and thinks of them every single time.* I had a tummy virus also since t-day but is kind of getting better in fact didn't know Muffit was around cause I fell right asleep after I made that post. *frowns.*
Old December 1st, 2003, 04:27 PM   #414
amberstar
Strike Leader

make that four of us are still here
Hope all of you are feeling better. The holidays can be a tough time for everyone.

Amberstar
Old December 1st, 2003, 05:12 PM   #415
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Hi Amber and Em! Wow, things are picking up a bit!

My spouse works at a hospital/convalescent home, and sadly this time of year is when the majority of passings occur. I guess it is a moving time for all of us. It's just that when we're young, it moves us to anticipation and joy; but when we're old, the anticipation changes to reverie, and the joy to loss.

Shoot! I didn't mean to pull us down. Where's my BSG DVDs? Soon as I fire them up I'll warrant a smile...

Cheers all!
Old December 1st, 2003, 09:37 PM   #416
Boxey

*Sits down in front of Muffits tv and watches his DVD's with him.* Sorry I had to go lie down a while again. *Frowns.*
Old December 2nd, 2003, 01:18 PM   #417
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Pull up a chair Boxey! It's so cool to have these DVDs in time for the holidays! I'm up to the last one now, having a great time with them.

Cheers,
Muffit
Old December 2nd, 2003, 03:31 PM   #418
Boxey

You got all the episodes Muffit?
Old December 2nd, 2003, 05:33 PM   #419
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Hi Boxey! Yeah, well I have all the ones that came in the BSG DVD box set at least. That's everything from Battlestar Galactica 1978-79.

For the Galactica 1980 episodes, I guess we will have to wait and see if Uni ever wants to release those too. Heck, why not? If they're gonna release this @#$%! mini on DVD, might as well release G80!

Alone tonight again , so I'll be watching Baltar's Escape, and perhaps Experiment in Terra too. If you wanna pretend you're watching with me, just watch yours around 7:00, and I'll pretend I'm watching with you too!

Affectionately,
Muffit
Old December 2nd, 2003, 05:40 PM   #420
amberstar
Strike Leader

Wish I was watching with you too. I'm still only on disk four, have to find some spare time to watch it.