Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Default "V" Brief

Source: mindpulse.com

Quote:
Hi...

ABC is "seriously considering" the remake version and NBC may be reconsidering.

All that and sixty cents...

xxx Kenny [Johnson]
peter noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2005, 02:26 PM   #2
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Another case where I would have preferred continuation that disregarded second miniseries and the series as the "V" equivalents of G80. I know that would mean the loss of Ham Tyler, but there are too many jarring shifts from first miniseries to second miniseries that weren't addressed properly.
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2005, 10:31 PM   #3
Pegasus4
Bad Email Address

I liked V: The Final Battle but it isn't as easy to ignore like G80. Kenneth Johnson did create Ham Tyler but in a wheelchair. According to the novelization he was in the helicoptor shooting at Donovan in El Salvador at the beginning of the first mini.

I was thinking about the first series recently. Again I liked the 2nd but it left out the transmissions sent into space looking for help that happened at the end of the 1st.

Last I heard about a V continuation, they only had interest from very few of the surviving cast members, Jane Badler/Diana and Robert Englund/Freddy err Willie.

1st mini was well done imo. 2nd was choppy and episodic. weekly series was real lame. Elizabeth as an adult was cute but she seemed smarter as a child.
Pegasus4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2005, 10:54 PM   #4
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

To me, the biggest weakness of "Final Battle" is the unexplained disappearance of Stanley and Lynn Bernstein, who were such vital characters in the first miniseries and who really provided the necessary Holocaust undercurrent to the whole story. The novelization rectified this, but it still sticks out like a sore thumb not to see them in Final Battle (I'm not counting that very brief shot of what appears to be them at the end when they're among the people looking up at the balloons releasing the Red Dust).
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Old October 5th, 2005, 12:15 PM   #5
Pegasus4
Bad Email Address

that was them at the end. too bad they weren't in the 2nd mini more as their home was a safehouse.
Old October 6th, 2005, 03:22 AM   #6
bsg1fan1975
Major

I seriously wish that they wouldhave had more response from the cast members. It would have been good to see Diana up to her old tricks again.

Cheese: [has tinfoil on his teeth] I have braces!
Mac: You found that on the ground, didn't you?
Cheese: Garbage can.
-episode "Mac Daddy"Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends"
bsg1fan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2005, 09:15 PM   #7
newt
Warrior

Hmmm...I did not know...or forgot....that Tyler was the helicpoter pilot and should have been in a wheelchair. And I considered myself a V expert 20 years back
Old October 8th, 2005, 11:39 AM   #8
Pegasus4
Bad Email Address

If I remember right Ham Tyler was in the helicopter but wasn't the pilot. He pointed at Donovan to the pilot (probably saying "It's Gooder") just as Donovan recognized him.
Old October 8th, 2005, 12:11 PM   #9
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus4
that was them at the end. too bad they weren't in the 2nd mini more as their home was a safehouse.
Looking at that brief shot it is the same actor who played Stanley Bernstein in the first miniseries, but the woman alongside him is definitely not Bonnie Bartlett who played Lynn Bernstein. I wonder if her unavailability (given her recurring role on "St. Elsewhere") was what led to them being written out in the second miniseries for all intents and purposes. Pity, because Crispin's novelization of the Bernstein's disowning their son after Ham frames him is a great moment.

Old October 10th, 2005, 11:34 PM   #10
Pegasus4
Bad Email Address

I thought it was her with a different hair style.
Old October 19th, 2005, 09:10 AM   #11
TSA
Shuttle Pilot

Check here for any updates regarding updating the "V" series. I would love to see it back, and based on who attends the conventions.....We would indeed see a lot of the actors returning if they let them.

http://www.geocities.com/josephberzi...e_Updates.html
TSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2005, 02:02 PM   #12
Krystal
Bad Email Address

I'm definitely looking forward to see V again, hope they don't make a disaster with it.

Krystal
Krystal is offline   Reply With Quote