Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old October 19th, 2003, 10:19 PM   #1
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Default A remake can be successful

My post in another thread wasn't on topic. So I decided to post a seperate thread.

Quote:
A remake of BG can be successful. A remake could have been a wonderful thing.

Its all in HOW the remake is remade.

The new miniseries has shown absolutely NO respect for the original story. They stole a few ideas and took away the name. And they really bastardized the characters.

The only people who really seem to lke the new mini are those that despise the original series. So why call it Battlestar Galactica? Why name the girl Starbuck? Why call the sexdroid a Cylon? if the mini fans all seem to think the old show sucked, why name it Galactica at all?

The mini isn't Battlestar Galactica. Its more like a remake of Wing Commander that stole one line of plot from BG, the title, and a few character names.
I stand by that last line. I even made it part of my sig.

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote