Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old May 1st, 2003, 08:17 AM   #1
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Default Star Wars-Attack of The Clones

The good news is that HBO will be showing it in June. The other great news is that HBO has aquired the rights to the other 4 films as well. "May the force be with you."
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2003, 11:07 AM   #2
Scooter2000
COMPLETELY BANNED

I thought their were five other films.

-Ronald D. Moore-
Scooter2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2003, 04:54 AM   #3
bsg1fan1975
Major

awwwwwww crud. by that time i probably will be living with my boyfriend and he don't get HBO. Guess I'll have to get the DVD's.

Cheese: [has tinfoil on his teeth] I have braces!
Mac: You found that on the ground, didn't you?
Cheese: Garbage can.
-episode "Mac Daddy"Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends"
bsg1fan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2003, 06:45 PM   #4
KJ
Strike Leader

Default My problem with SW episode 2 is.....

TOO MANY DAMN CUTS!!! AND NO SE DVD FULL OF EXTENDED MOMENTS.

Lucas is starting to get on my nerves? Peter Jackson is planning on releasing 43 mins into his Two Towers extended edition to flesh out the story much more in November 2003 just before LOTR Return Of The King!.

George Lucas in comparsion is adding stuff into the DVD version of Episode 2 which does nothing? Padme say Yes instead of groaning in the theatrical cut and Jango Fett's Jet pack giving off sparks to tell the audience his jet pack is damaged? he cuts tons of footage that would have fleshed out the movie more.

I can understand cutting things for the cinema version time constraints, but all those dumb ass excuses to say why this and that were cut is nonsense. The DVD are filled with his kiss ass friends sucking up saying why needless but interesting 2 or 3 mins of this and that were cut leading to this and that subplot etc. as much as lucas has done for cinema, he still doesn't get it sometimes and all that arrogance he has, isn't helping matters.

Yoda's battle with Count Dooku was a kick ass fight watered down, for time? The DVD clearly shows Dooku using Two lightsabres against Yoda, it also shows Obi wan Kenobi attacked on Geonosis by wild animals?.

Also cut but not seen on the DVD was Mace Windu's fight with Jango Fett, and other Jedi Knights storming the droid control ship.

At least Peter Jackson more giving the audience more of the story. Star Wars is slowing losing even the most dedicated fans. Lucas better wisen up soon and fast.

Enjoy getting the DVD's bsg1fan1975.

But get the original trilogy as well. *hint hint* on a certain format.

KJ

KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2003, 07:09 AM   #5
kingfish
Strike Leader

Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

I finally saw the movie. The effects were great. The story was okay. The final fight scene in the end between Dooku, Obi-Wan, Anakin(He even uses 2 lightsabres for a time), and Yoda highlights the film and makes it worth watching. I am saddened by the fact that we already know what will happen to Anakin. Do we need to see it? I would have rather moved foward with episodes 7 through 9. Sound familiar? BG should have been made as a CONTINUATION not remake or prequel.

By the Lords of Kobol bring back Starbuck, Apollo, and Boomer. The real ones not these fakes.
Old June 25th, 2003, 07:55 AM   #6
jjrakman

KJ -

But you forget, this will allow Lucas to release the Super Special Extended Version 10 years from now, and rake in more $.

That should be a poll: How many different versions of the Trilogy do you own.
Old June 25th, 2003, 07:58 AM   #7
kingfish
Strike Leader

Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Quote:
Originally posted by jjrakman
KJ -

But you forget, this will allow Lucas to release the Super Special Extended Version 10 years from now, and rake in more $.

That should be a poll: How many different versions of the Trilogy do you own.
I agree. Wasn't Lucas supposed to release another special edition of Phantom Menace sometime ago? Lucas is raking in the money left and right.
Old June 25th, 2003, 08:21 AM   #8
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfish:
I agree. Wasn't Lucas supposed to release another special edition of Phantom Menace sometime ago? Lucas is raking in the money left and right.
Gee, Kingfish, you make it sound like making money is a bad thing....

What I wouldn't give for a piece of that franchise.......

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2003, 08:23 AM   #9
kingfish
Strike Leader

Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Quote:
Originally posted by Dawg
Gee, Kingfish, you make it sound like making money is a bad thing....

What I wouldn't give for a piece of that franchise.......

I am
Dawg

:laugh: I wouldn't mind owning a piece of that franchise myself.

Old June 25th, 2003, 09:49 AM   #10
captmiloman
Bad Email Address

The "Archival Editions" of the original trilogy are supposed to be released on DVD in 2006. Lucas is planning on adding additional scenes(old & new) and updating the special effects to match the effects in the current trilogy. I just hope the cut Anchorhead scenes will be added. If it's in the script and on film, it should be in there. I also understand that the folks at ILM have "real scanned" the likenesses of Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and Billy Dee Williams for future use. Maybe George won't be done with SW after Episode 3? Can you say Episodes 7,8,9 Final Fantasy style? Or maybe even Shadows Of the Empire? That's something I'd like to see as a movie. Threepio and Artoo piloting the Falcon would be interesting to see.
captmiloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2003, 10:34 AM   #11
jjrakman

Jesus, let me see, how many Trilogy's do I currently own now?

1) Lazer Disc.
2) Orignal VHS before digital enhancement
3) Original VHS after digital enhancement - widescreen
4) Original VHS after digital enhancement - pan & scan
5) Special Edition VHS - Widescreen
6) Special Edition VHS - Pan & Scan.

D@mn you George Lucas, D@mn you to he!!
Old January 18th, 2004, 05:29 PM   #12
kingfish
Strike Leader

Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

HBO Plus is airing it tonight at 9PM EST for anyone interested.
Old January 18th, 2004, 06:39 PM   #13
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Thanks Kingfish . I bought the DVD of it, and am extremely impressed with the quality of the DVD, in comparison to all my other DVDs. I consider it reference quality video wise. Wish everybody else could master their DVDs like this.

Of course like many people, I'm not too crazy about the 2 new prequels story/cast wise. It's kinda like trying to decide on a plain old domestic car after owning a Ferrari - the original trilogy is just a hard act to follow. But these rumors of 7/8/9 sequels with original cast - now THAT I'm excited about!

P.S. The /only/ DVD box set of the original trilogy I want is the original untouched version - and I guess I've got a long wait . I purchased ET only because they offered both the original and re-edited versions in the same box. Needless to say the second DVD with the /new, better/ version will /never/ get watched.
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2004, 04:24 AM   #14
Proximo
Commodore
The Andorian Simpson

Is that the one where the airbrushed out all the guns on the FBI guys?
Proximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2004, 06:18 PM   #15
callsignfalcon
Warrior

Default I thought this rumor was interesting ;)

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-r...1/09.00.rumors

Quote:
"apparently there is some talk, even to the point of [Steven] Spielberg—who was interested in doing [Star Wars: Episode II—Attack of the Clones] at one point—stepping in for Lucas, who may want to write, but probably won't want to direct."

If Steven spielberg does them, it may be worth it!
callsignfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2004, 08:00 PM   #16
SeoulWind

I still think that the prequels desperately need something, some kind of twist that re-energizes the entire series.

I read a theory online by a person calling himself "Wyldkard" who postualted that we would find out that Anakin was not in fact Darth Vader, but Obi-Wan was. This was prior to ATOC's release. It went into some detail as to why this would work and though there were admitedly some holes in it, the idea is a fascinating one. Here's a link: http://www.mendax.org/article.php?article_id=50

Mark Snyder
Seoul, Korea
Old January 27th, 2004, 05:17 PM   #17
callsignfalcon
Warrior

I agree... they do need a twist. *thinks for a moment* I got it! Have Anakin Solo "forcefully" show up and wreck some havoc in the prequals! MWAHAHA! .... -_- ok... maybe i am just a little mad they killed him ... gotta love SW EU...
callsignfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote