Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Old April 18th, 2004, 12:32 PM   #121
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Hey 14th! Got a quandary for ya!

Why is it, I gotta WASH all my dishes before I put 'em in the dishwasher?
All it really is, is a place to hide the dirty dishes, that's all!

If you know, please do tell!!!
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2004, 04:21 PM   #122
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffit
Hey 14th! Got a quandary for ya!

Why is it, I gotta WASH all my dishes before I put 'em in the dishwasher?
All it really is, is a place to hide the dirty dishes, that's all!

If you know, please do tell!!!
It is obvious that you do not eat enough. When I was a lad my mum always told me to clean my plate, meaning eat up everything on it. If you would do the same and leave less food remaining on the plate, to dry up and harden as it sits in the sink waiting to be loaded, you wouldn't need to prewash it prior to the dishwasher. Wise man say, let your mouth be the sponge before the plate leaves the table. Then, less on plate to clean, and more in belly.

If reincarnation is real, I want to come back as a bowling ball...because that's how I roll.

My Creativity:
https://www.facebook.com/legoshine
My Writing Page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/InSpi...47884321946870
The 14th Colony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2004, 11:23 PM   #123
Rowan
On Vacation...

oh wise all knowing guru I have a puzzel I cannot solve and so humbly request your assistance...why does the rain fall differently in the West than in the East. Out West the rain is light, soft you seldom need an umbrella, but back East when it rains it feels like you are being pummeled into the ground!
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2004, 10:09 PM   #124
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan
oh wise all knowing guru I have a puzzel I cannot solve and so humbly request your assistance...why does the rain fall differently in the West than in the East. Out West the rain is light, soft you seldom need an umbrella, but back East when it rains it feels like you are being pummeled into the ground!
That is due to the angle of the clouds to the Earth and the circular motion of the planet's spin. The clouds have to rush to keep up with the fast moving surface of the planet, and because they are rushing to the east to keep pace with the planet, the rain falling to the ground has less to fall when it falls in the east, than when it falls all the way to the west. Thus, when it falls straight down it falls hard and sharp and hits the surface rather bluntly. But when it falls to the west it has father to go to reach the west, and has more time to dilute and deharden. If you compared rain drops in the west to eastern rain drops, you would see that eastern drops are larger, heavier, and have blunter surfaces, while western drops are lighter, fuzzier, and more curvacious. So obviously, the hardness and softness of the rain fall in different parts of the continent has a lot to do with the speed of the planet and the slowness if the clouds.

I hope that helps you.

If reincarnation is real, I want to come back as a bowling ball...because that's how I roll.

My Creativity:
My Writing Page:
Old April 28th, 2004, 10:28 PM   #125
Rowan
On Vacation...

LMAO! 14th thanks I needed a good laught tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 14th Colony
That is due to the angle of the clouds to the Earth and the circular motion of the planet's spin. The clouds have to rush to keep up with the fast moving surface of the planet, and because they are rushing to the east to keep pace with the planet, the rain falling to the ground has less to fall when it falls in the east, than when it falls all the way to the west. Thus, when it falls straight down it falls hard and sharp and hits the surface rather bluntly. But when it falls to the west it has father to go to reach the west, and has more time to dilute and deharden. If you compared rain drops in the west to eastern rain drops, you would see that eastern drops are larger, heavier, and have blunter surfaces, while western drops are lighter, fuzzier, and more curvacious. So obviously, the hardness and softness of the rain fall in different parts of the continent has a lot to do with the speed of the planet and the slowness if the clouds.

I hope that helps you.
yes it does !
Old April 28th, 2004, 10:55 PM   #126
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

Good then. Once again, yet again, time and again, it's up to me to save the day and impart knowables to the unknowing. It's 14th Colony to the rescue! Up, up, and away! Woo hoo!

My Creativity:
My Writing Page:
Old May 10th, 2004, 12:40 AM   #127
Rowan
On Vacation...

Dearest wisest of gurus I appeal most humbly for but a moment of your time, I your humblest of servants have a question...

I would like to know why it is that when a person is scheduled for a medical procedure and told they cannot have anything to eat or drink after a certain hour they are immediately hungry once this hour has passed but were fine a few minutes before.

Old May 16th, 2004, 09:07 PM   #128
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Oh great and powerful wizard (and yes, I am ignoring the dog and the man behind the curtain ), I have a whole slew of geog' questions for thee...

Why oh why is Kansas City in Missouri?

If there is a West Virginia, whyi is there no East Virginia?

Who decided Kansas and Arkansas are spelled the same and pronounced totally differently?

If the colonists didn't like England, why did they name all their states after it? (New York, New Jersey, New Hampshire, New England...)

And lastly, if all the towns in California are named after hispanics, why are hispanics unwelcome in California? At least THEY can pronounce the names!!!

Inquiring daggits wanna know!!! :laugh:
Old May 16th, 2004, 09:10 PM   #129
Darth Marley
GINO Public Defender

Why do the birds go on singing?
Why do these eyes of mine cry?
Old June 22nd, 2004, 04:19 PM   #130
Stray Viper
Warrior

14th, I have a question for ya ...

Why do birds suddenly appear
every time you are near?
Old July 7th, 2004, 01:39 PM   #131
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan
Dearest wisest of gurus I appeal most humbly for but a moment of your time, I your humblest of servants have a question...

I would like to know why it is that when a person is scheduled for a medical procedure and told they cannot have anything to eat or drink after a certain hour they are immediately hungry once this hour has passed but were fine a few minutes before.
It is your subconsious at work, installing a rebellious attitude against authority. See, only by eating when you are told not to eat, will you be free of sumbliminatory bondage and have true control. Thus, your subconsious instills the feeling of hunger even though your tummy is full, so as to inspire you to rebel and be free.

My Creativity:
My Writing Page:
Old July 7th, 2004, 02:13 PM   #132
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffit
Oh great and powerful wizard (and yes, I am ignoring the dog and the man behind the curtain ), I have a whole slew of geog' questions for thee...

Why oh why is Kansas City in Missouri?

14th: The nearsighted city installer was confused when he entered the state of Kansas, for he was told to report to the acting city planner, Miss Uri, for the city spot to be installed. When he couldn't find Miss Uri in Kansas (she was sexually promiscuous and wound up in Idaho because she thought the state was named suitably for her by being named "I da ho."), he backtracked to get his bearings and upon seeing the sign leading to Missouri, figured that's what his boss had meant so he headed there and that's where Kansas City wound up.

If there is a West Virginia, why is there no East Virginia?

14th: There is Virginia, which originally was named South Eastern Virginia, but they couldn't fit all those words on the map so they left it as plain old Virginia, which happens to be east and southeast of West Virginia. If that were not so, that Virginia is really East Virginia, then the name of "West" Virginia would be a moot point, right? I guess they could have called it "The Other Virginia".

Who decided Kansas and Arkansas are spelled the same and pronounced totally differently?

14th: The same putz who misplaced Kansas City and dropped it in Missouri.

If the colonists didn't like England, why did they name all their states after it? (New York, New Jersey, New Hampshire, New England...)

14th: Geez Muffit, do you think I know everything? Oh yeah, I do. Doh! Because they were fruity, those colonial dudes. Did you see the wigs they wore? That just shows that even after cutting ties with her magesty, that they were still queens at heart.

And lastly, if all the towns in California are named after hispanics, why are hispanics unwelcome in California? At least THEY can pronounce the names!!!

Again it comes down to a city planner with loose screws. The guy was a nervous fellow and had most of his panic attacks during the city naming sessions of the state planning commision. So everytime they asked him to name a town he had a panic attack and mumbled out some barely intelligble word which they translated as best the could and assigned those words, uttered during episodes of his panics, to the labels of the towns on the developing map. And that is how the towns in California got their names, from his panics. As to why his panics are unwelcome, heck, if he would stay on his medication they would tolerate him more!

Inquiring daggits wanna know!!! :laugh:

My Creativity:
My Writing Page:
Old July 7th, 2004, 02:16 PM   #133
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Marley
Why do the birds go on singing?
Why do these eyes of mine cry?
They're still trying to get on American Idol.
Umm, you've been slicing onions?

My Creativity:
My Writing Page:
Old July 7th, 2004, 02:18 PM   #134
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stray Viper
14th, I have a question for ya ...

Why do birds suddenly appear
every time you are near?
Sounds like you're in love.

My Creativity:
My Writing Page:
Old July 7th, 2004, 05:01 PM   #135
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

I agree with 14th colony on this one
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2004, 05:16 PM   #136
Archangel
Bad Email Address

Or somebody stuck birdseed in your pockets...
Archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2004, 05:48 PM   #137
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel
Or somebody stuck birdseed in your pockets...
:laugh:
Old July 13th, 2004, 07:11 PM   #138
Stray Viper
Warrior

Likely!
Old July 30th, 2004, 05:15 AM   #139
Stray Viper
Warrior

come one, 14th, we need more profundity!
Old July 31st, 2004, 01:09 AM   #140
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

Come to me with your solid questions, and my learned nature will be bestolled upon you my students. Ask and you shall be answered. Seek and you shall meet wisdom. Mine, that is. :light: How's that for profound?

I wonder if Muffit saw my answeres to her questions. She seems smarter of late, so she must have benefitted from my wisdom.

My Creativity:
My Writing Page:
Old August 2nd, 2004, 07:54 PM   #141
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

I beseech you Oh wise one ....Can you tell me how to catch SOMETHING when I usually catch NOTHING?
Old August 2nd, 2004, 09:28 PM   #142
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiningstar
I beseech you Oh wise one ....Can you tell me how to catch SOMETHING when I usually catch NOTHING?
Yes, grasshoppah, this I can aid you in. You must go fishing in the rain, with no bait on your hook, and no jacket on your person. Thus, though you catch no fish on your hook, go home with sniffles you shall. Catch no fish, but catch cold you will.

My Creativity:
My Writing Page:
Old August 3rd, 2004, 07:52 AM   #143
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 14th Colony
Yes, grasshoppah, this I can aid you in. You must go fishing in the rain, with no bait on your hook, and no jacket on your person. Thus, though you catch no fish on your hook, go home with sniffles you shall. Catch no fish, but catch cold you will.
Thank you Ye Wise one
Old August 3rd, 2004, 01:38 PM   #144
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

You're welcome, my young apprentice.

Next!

My Creativity:
My Writing Page:
Old August 12th, 2004, 12:28 PM   #145
bsg1fan1975
Major

Hey Great Wise Guy!

I got one that is so puzzling me.

Why is it a guy will suddenly remember to tell you he is low on stamps when he has used the last one instead of letting you know before he runs out? my hubby does this all the time and I really, really, really want a clue to this one.

Cheese: [has tinfoil on his teeth] I have braces!
Mac: You found that on the ground, didn't you?
Cheese: Garbage can.
-episode "Mac Daddy"Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends"
bsg1fan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2004, 12:59 PM   #146
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsg1fan1975
Hey Great Wise Guy!

I got one that is so puzzling me.

Why is it a guy will suddenly remember to tell you he is low on stamps when he has used the last one instead of letting you know before he runs out? my hubby does this all the time and I really, really, really want a clue to this one.
ME TOOOOOO!!!!!!
Old August 12th, 2004, 01:08 PM   #147
julix
Bad Email Address

Wise one........
How does one feel better about one's self??????
julix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2004, 10:53 PM   #148
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Oh great and wonderful Oz -- I mean 14th - I have a query which has been perplexing me for eons...

Why, oh why do scientists insist that digging deeper logically means going back in time? Lest we forget, all those hundreds of feet of "layers" must have come from SOMEWHERE - so why aren't there huge holes all over the Earth where this dirt magically sprouted from???

Sure, volcanoes might account for a few tiny spots, but /no/ volcanoes erupted all over the whole Earth in the last 5,000 years. So WHERE did all the dirt come from? Huh??? Please tell me, please!!! I don't see any dirt shooting out of the ground covering our streets and valleys!!!

I'm SO confused!!! :laugh:
Old August 17th, 2004, 07:46 PM   #149
Stray Viper
Warrior

It came from all the political elections over the years.
Old August 17th, 2004, 07:47 PM   #150
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Oh wise one please forgive Strayviper as strayviper knows not what this thread entails