Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old February 6th, 2003, 11:53 AM   #1
KJ
Strike Leader

Default "The Animatrix"

The Animatrix"
To quote a famous Babylon 5 line, "And so it begins!"

The Animatrix is here whats this got do with Battlestar Galactica you ask? Nothing in particular but i found some interesting similarities believe it or not to a certain remake which bares no similarities to the cult show alot of us remember.

What i'm i getting at? Go see the first in a chapter of stories which tie into the big Matrix saga at the Animatrix website entitled: "The Second Renaissance" Part one. an enjoyable story of the machines of the Matrix! Enjoying the Matrix for what it is, not that i drew paralells straight away but.

The storytelling is a prequel like series of events, telling the story between Man and Machine. In some way similar to Galactica's Colonials Vs Cylons.

Now we know in Ron Moore's BG he has got, Baltar getting horny with 6 of 12 or whatever, The Cylons are the former slave like drones of humans who rebelled, abusive junior shipmates who beat up colonels, Colonial Colonel's wives who can shag half a planet's worth of men. and a beat up old de-commissioned Galactica oh sorry Ron thats, "tourist shop Galactica?"

Well Animatrix can tell a kick butt story minus the sextacular 90210, grab an audience attention tactic and delve into complex stroytelling and have layers of attention grabbing visuals that hold you through, strong story elements not SEX! The storytelling must be respected if you want a franchise to be successful in any venture!

Both the Matrix movies, The Animatrix and Terminator 3 franchise will cover the classic Man Vs Machine sci-fi genre mold this year. I want you all to check out the Animatrix and tell me if old Ronny storytelling is as good as, an animated story covered in such scope and detail, let alone respect to the source material as the attempt he is flogging to us in the form of the Galactica script/outline, tourist shop Galactica, Baltar gets jiggy with it whatever nonsense.

Maybe i'm too pleased with what i saw, but if Ron Moore had done his story like that maybe he could have won more supporters if the script was serious and made more stronger connections to the Man Vs Machine element within the series Galactica has!

Anyway see it come back here and talk it out, yeah it not related to BG but the Man Vs Machine element which is a sci-fi norm, was done well. If you're a fan of the Matrix it's a good way to hook you into the upcoming films and future Animatrix episodes and the connections to the films past and present show even more how continuity is KING and is essential in connecting the past with the future.

KJ

Tell me what you think and if you enjoyed seeing the Animatrix "The Second Renaissance" part 1?
KJ is offline   Reply With Quote