Go Back   Colonial Fleets > FAN CREATIVITY > ART Work - In Progress
Notices

Old February 16th, 2014, 10:24 AM   #61
maudib
Warrior

Default Re: Scrapping My Battlestar Galactica project ????

Merlin, your G appears to be 10+ miles long in scale!
maudib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2014, 09:15 AM   #62
ivanhoejones
Shuttle Pilot

looks good... I've seen many re-imagined designs of this and that... but it's a Battlestar right? so yes I think its cool to add more guns
ivanhoejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2014, 11:23 AM   #63
Merlin
Shuttle Pilot

More of my Colonial fleet, I've posted them before and these are updates, all are works in progress...

Anyway .. The Battlestar should be recognizable, The bigger ship is what I call, an Assault ship, and the single ship that has one image is a Colonial Cruiser.

The Assault ships, are for attacking or re-taking planets, they are the Sci-Fi equivalent of Assault ships today in the US Navy. The size of these are huge, because they have to carry everything needed to take a planet, including the Army needed to do it, plus all the equipment and so on... They can protect themselves and barrage a planet, but they are not capital ships, they are not made to defeat other ships, like Battlestars or the Cruisers.

In My story, there are 3 Assault ships, GIANT, TITAN and GOLIATH and a variant, named PROVIDER, PROVIDER is an extended version of the Assault ship, but is more of a transport, it carries everything to resupply the fleet and assault force, it doesn't carry troops or any other assault ships, needles to say it is by far the largest ship in the fleet.

Anyway, these are some of the larger ships, along with un-manned autonomous capital ships (not shown), used for deep space, these... if you can guess, play a huge role in the evolution of the Cylons. And I have other ships as part of the Colonial fleet yet to build.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HT IMAGE #2.jpg (262.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg HT IMAGE #5.jpg (291.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg HT IMAGE #6.jpg (319.8 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg HT IMAGE #7.jpg (347.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg HT IMAGE #8.jpg (357.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Batt New Engine Image #2.jpg (274.2 KB, 7 views)
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote