Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old February 29th, 2004, 03:49 AM   #1
originalsinner

Default Annie Lockhart joins Moore's bsg?

I Was over there at TV Tome.com and i was looking at the cast informtion on the new Galactica, it came to my surprise to find Annie Lockhart as Lt. Sheba? is this a Misprint?
Old February 29th, 2004, 09:10 AM   #2
GalacticanCajun
Warrior

Gee I would love to see her as Sheba again, but I imagine its a mistake. She sure could teach Stardoe a thing or two.
GalacticanCajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2004, 09:40 AM   #3
amberstar
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalacticanCajun
Gee I would love to see her as Sheba again, but I imagine its a mistake. She sure could teach Stardoe a thing or two.
I might just tune in to watch that episode

If Anne is given a part I do hope it is a good one and not just a cameo.
I too would love to see the return of the TOS actors, but I 'm trying to hold out for a Larson continuation

Amber
amberstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2004, 10:14 AM   #4
Darth Marley
GINO Public Defender

Latest word I have gleaned from various RDM quotes indicates that any OS cast member will likely be set in a recurring role in RM's BSG.

I had suggested elsewhere that an easy way to do this would be for them to be a human model cylon.
Old February 29th, 2004, 11:52 PM   #5
dilbertman
Warrior Ace

Quote:
Welcome to the Battlestar Gallactica guide at TV Tome.

This guide was created December 18, 2003 and will follow ALL of the info and news for the new series. The show will begin in episodic format Fall of 2004. Watch this site for details as they are available. Contributions welcome.

Cast List is the Starring Cast from the Movie.

Please note, this will be ammended as more information is available.

Stay Tuned

-- malocite
This info has to be a mistake. Why? It's talking about the mini-series that air back in Dec. I don't remember seeing or hearing her on that show. Do any of you?

Jim
dilbertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2004, 04:14 PM   #6
Antelope

I think it must be a mistake only because Anne Lockhardt is too old today to play the role of a colonial LT. A colonial MAJ or COL however would be possible. A colonial LT who was captured by the cylons 20 years however is a possibility.

I do think as Moore says any of the old cast would be welcomed. I however do not believe he would give more than one of them a recurring large role. I see a lot of one-two episode major guest star slots like Commander Caine or a Count Iblis role but not a role where we would see them every week. Whether this would be enough to entice any of them back is another story.
Old March 1st, 2004, 06:59 PM   #7
originalsinner

Default over at the 2003 site,

I Looked at the cast list @ Battlestargalactica2003.com, AND No Annie or Sheba could be found, not that i would mind seeing her again, Shes a nice lookin lady! Maybe Moore does plain to cast a Sheba!?!
Old March 1st, 2004, 07:16 PM   #8
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalsinner
I Looked at the cast list @ Battlestargalactica2003.com, AND No Annie or Sheba could be found, not that i would mind seeing her again, Shes a nice lookin lady! Maybe Moore does plain to cast a Sheba!?!
I looked at it too and didn't see any info like that on the site.
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2004, 08:10 PM   #9
dvo47p
Bad Email Address

Oh portal-boy would have a field day with this coup. I doubt this as she seems a bit old to still be Lt. Sheba. Still Anne would be good news for the BG: lite. Indeed she knows acting and does it well. Kara Thrace would suffer, so if rumor turns fact, Ms. Lockhart shall be far from here former character.

Oh I plan to watch the Naturalistic Science Fiction mini with it’s dysfunctional dogfights, FTL fairy tales, and fornicating Cylons all a going to pray?
dvo47p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2004, 08:10 PM   #10
larocque6689
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Marley
I had suggested elsewhere that an easy way to do this would be for them to be a human model cylon.
"Here, Richard - sorry you couldn't be Desanto's Cylon but maybe you can be one of ours instead, and we'll even provide a roving Cylon eye for you..."

"YESSSSSSS!!!"
:upchuck:
Old March 1st, 2004, 10:02 PM   #11
ViperTech

I'd love to see Anne in BG again in any capacity. I'm sure this is too good to be true. Maybe she'll play a retured Lt. who comes back out of retirement to active duty to serve in the rat-tag fugitive fleet. Realistically, it won't happen.
Old March 1st, 2004, 10:09 PM   #12
originalsinner

Default ( 0===== )

The only ones from the Original show that could be still youthfull are Buffet and the Cylons, Lucifer, Imperious leader aka r2-d2 and 3PO STW ep 1,2,3! The only human who would fit into a viper pilot role is Noah Hathaway
Old March 2nd, 2004, 07:28 AM   #13
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberstar
I might just tune in to watch that episode

If Anne is given a part I do hope it is a good one and not just a cameo.
I too would love to see the return of the TOS actors, but I 'm trying to hold out for a Larson continuation

Amber
I'll believe that Anne Lockhart is on the MINI when it's OFFICIAL and not
part of the 'grapevine'

Like you Amber ...........I'm holding out for the continuation
Old March 2nd, 2004, 10:35 AM   #14
GalacticanCajun
Warrior

When oh when will we get any news about the continuation movie?
GalacticanCajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2004, 10:37 AM   #15
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalacticanCajun
When oh when will we get any news about the continuation movie?
It will Be awhile ............but it WILL happen
Old March 3rd, 2004, 04:45 PM   #16
cobrastrikelead
Bad Email Address

I have my fingers crossed.
cobrastrikelead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2004, 05:32 PM   #17
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrastrikelead
I have my fingers crossed.
as do we all
Old March 3rd, 2004, 07:52 PM   #18
originalsinner

Default Bring the MIGHTY Galactica back to the big screen

Larson should get the BSG movie up and rolling right now! The window of opportunity is open right now, with the new scifi series, DVD, and toys coming! The time is now, before the the Original actors get any older.
Old March 4th, 2004, 03:49 AM   #19
bsg1fan1975
Major

This would be a sad mistake if it was true!

Cheese: [has tinfoil on his teeth] I have braces!
Mac: You found that on the ground, didn't you?
Cheese: Garbage can.
-episode "Mac Daddy"Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends"
bsg1fan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2004, 03:11 PM   #20
warhammerdriver
Bad Email Address

Frankly I hope Sheba is one of the characters that stays gone. I personally didn't like the character in TOS. She started off as a military hardass full of #*%% and vinegar with tons of spit polish but once the Pegasus was gone she turned into a simpering, whiny thing. At least that's how I remember the character.

Never liked Anne Lockhart as an actress, either. Before you jump on me think for a minute. Everybody has actors/actresses they don't like. She just happens to be one of mine.
warhammerdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2004, 03:16 PM   #21
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhammerdriver
Frankly I hope Sheba is one of the characters that stays gone. I personally didn't like the character in TOS. She started off as a military hardass full of #*%% and vinegar with tons of spit polish but once the Pegasus was gone she turned into a simpering, whiny thing. At least that's how I remember the character.

Never liked Anne Lockhart as an actress, either. Before you jump on me think for a minute. Everybody has actors/actresses they don't like. She just happens to be one of mine.
I think they made her more 'whiney' in order to soften her character so
that her character would be more 'tolerant' of 'human weakness'

{Not that she didn't have some good points ...........but those
WHHHHHHHHHINEEEEEEEEY scenes .............made me :upchuck:}
Old March 4th, 2004, 03:29 PM   #22
Antelope

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhammerdriver

Interesting observation. I always thought of Sheba in a similar vein. Do you notice how much the arrogance and over the top toughness of Kara Thrace is annoyingly similar to how we were introduced to Sheba? We also saw late in the mini the doe eyed sad stare of Sheba in Kara Thrace. I was waiting for Sheba's later episode tears to come. I think we were just about there. I don't think Sheba is staying gone. She is already there! They gave her the name Kara Thrace and now Sheba's call sign is Starbuck. I hope they tone Kara Thrace down quickly but not quite as far as they did Sheba in the last few episodes.

TOS Season 2 or Moore's season 1:
Apollo and Sheba = Lee and Kara

On a side note: I saw Anne Lockhardt on Buck Rodgers. Her character on the show was amazing similar to Sheba in the later TOS episodes. I always wondered how much of that was the writing or the actress.
Old March 4th, 2004, 03:40 PM   #23
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Who KNOWS Antelope ................ who knows?
Old March 8th, 2004, 03:27 PM   #24
Sybaris
Bad Email Address

Default she(ba) wasn't all bad

I liked Sheba, as the character she kinda broke the all guy thing. She certainly didn't get the amount of exposure she could have in the stories, I think if the show continued you would have seen her hard ass side return in some difficult situations. Like all new characters, you have to give them time to develop and the writers to try a few ideas. I was at junior school when the show first aired and probably didn't apreciate Anne's stunning looks then but looking back now at the re-runs, ... mmmm nice :-) ...sigh !
Sybaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2004, 03:40 PM   #25
Antelope

She didn't bother me that much. I actually came to like her a couple episodes after they introduced her. I just think that the character of Sheba in "Living Legend" was not the same person as the Sheba character throughout the rest of TOS. Personally I think Moore could use a few things about how Sheba's character evolved when he writes the Kara Thrace character. I don't quite want to see the crying needy Sheba return but something about in the middle would be nice.
Old March 8th, 2004, 03:45 PM   #26
Sybaris
Bad Email Address

Ok i can go with the point that she did cry a bit (sheesh women huh), but there was scope there for future stories and new ideas. Besides to get to Lt. she would have had to develop a hard side to her nature.
Sybaris is offline   Reply With Quote