Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old May 11th, 2003, 07:53 PM   #1
The Blue Mule
Warrior

Default BSG debate at FSM

Hi All just would like you to know that a Debate about the "new BSG should be given a chance". is raging over at the Film Score Monthly web site( in two catagories, the general dicussion and the non-film score discussion) , with Eric Paddon,a BSG fan fic writer battleing it out with very hard core haters of BSG.

I added a few post, but it seems like they are ignoring me ,and ganging up on Eric,how about we go over there and just defend our show. No flaming, just a nice strady stream of positive posts about that the original show has merits and shold be explored, and the new version is a marketing ploy just to keep the licence for universal.

Good Luck!

Rich
Old May 11th, 2003, 08:44 PM   #2
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFormer Assistant
Richard Hatch

I don't know where they are! Can you give us a link to follow?
Micheleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2003, 08:55 PM   #3
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFormer Assistant
Richard Hatch

Hang on, here's one:

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/boar...3664&forumID=1

...and the other:

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/boar...3624&forumID=7
Micheleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2003, 09:30 PM   #4
Sept17th
Clunky Man In Suit

Done and Done, thanks for the heads up.

Good Work Eric you are a fine warrior.
Another Film Maker
Sept17th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2003, 09:41 PM   #5
LordStarFyre
Warrior

Default For some reason the registration

thing is f-ed up...

Someone address this to MarkB and Ford hackton...

http://battlestarfanclub.com/battlestar/bgarticle26.htm

Tell these current Milty Incarnations to read the Script then come back when they've educated themselves.

Ask Ford how Laura is doing...
LordStarFyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2003, 12:23 AM   #6
repcisg
Bad Email Address

After reading both threads, I came away with the feeling it was Moore and Eck picking on Paddon and not Milty.

Just an impresion based on the words used plus a particular sensitivity to Eric's comment about being a better writer than Ron. Ford reads as if stung by the comment.
repcisg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2003, 05:54 AM   #7
The Blue Mule
Warrior

Hi All!

It seems there is a neo names slipknot at film score monthly, plugging away about how 70's the original show was , and how if the smegger wanted a challenging sci fi tv show, he'd would've watched Star Trek the Animated series, guess that's what those neo's want as quality I suppose.

Why do people HATE BSG so much, my childhood, was riddled with starwars asses, and trek mooreons spitting in my face, about how god awful the show was, yet I saw merit in it as do most BSG fans.
So whats the real prob here?

I have this sneaking suspicion that the Fox production was railroaded by George Lucas supporters. This man can use his weight with Film studios,and toy companies to keep as many industries away from doing anything with the BSG title.

Just feeling a bit down,maybe I need one of Mr. Hatches inspirational motavational lectures, that'll life my spirits!

No! What I need is a 4 and a half hour, motion picture, Epic Treatment,grand scale approach of Battlestar Galactica ,that wraps up the exsisting storyline in such a way that would Blow the minds of Old Fans, gennerate new Intelligent one, and shut the fat greasy faces of bsg's detractors.

Sorry guys just letting off steam. Right now I can power the entire Pacific Railroad Steam Engine line, and have enough leftover to press my shirts and pants.

Put me ta bed boy's,put me ta bed!

Rich.
Old May 12th, 2003, 10:18 AM   #8
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

More clones keep poping out of the woodwork.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote