Go Back   Colonial Fleets > FAN CREATIVITY > Colonial Library
Notices
Colonial Library Grab a glass of ambrosa and wrap yourself around stories, written by residents of our little corner of the universe!

Old April 10th, 2003, 06:20 PM   #1
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

bone The Abandoned Baby Bird and BSG

Today life left a cruel reminder on my doorstep. It left it in the form of a tiny barely feathered baby bird, lying on its back with its legs flailing helplessly in the air. It hurt me so much to see it like that. I righted it and moved it away from the door into the grass so it wouldn't get trodden on, then wondered what to do. After some time I left some tiny softened bread crumbs near it in the hope it might eat. To my amazement, what looked like the mother bird came to the spot soon after. Hope began to rise in me as it looked as though the mother was feeding it. Till it dawned on me. The mother bird wasn't feeding the baby, it was heartlessly eating the crumbs I had left for the baby, then it just flew away.

Maybe you think me silly but things like this always bring me round to BSG. It seems everything I see and experience wells up in me the plight that means so much to me. For me, that baby is like our beloved show, tossed out of its nest for whatever reasons and desperately trying to do the one think it wants most, to live. And that conscienceless mother bird is too much like what TPTB are doing now, taking the few desperate hopes that could have meant life. And then they will fly away.

Life is cruel and unfair and I just have to accept it.

But I don't have to like it.

Affectionately and respectfully,
Muffit

Postscriptum: I don't like it. After some searching I found the nest and put the baby back. With any hope…!

Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2003, 06:35 PM   #2
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Muffit,

You did it again!!

BST
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2003, 07:18 PM   #3
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Thanks BST

Old April 10th, 2003, 07:41 PM   #4
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Always wonderful, Muffit.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2003, 08:49 PM   #5
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Thanks Dawg

Old September 6th, 2009, 12:40 AM   #6
Senmut
Strike Leader

Default Re: The Abandoned Baby Bird and BSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffit View Post
Today life left a cruel reminder on my doorstep. It left it in the form of a tiny barely feathered baby bird, lying on its back with its legs flailing helplessly in the air. It hurt me so much to see it like that. I righted it and moved it away from the door into the grass so it wouldn't get trodden on, then wondered what to do. After some time I left some tiny softened bread crumbs near it in the hope it might eat. To my amazement, what looked like the mother bird came to the spot soon after. Hope began to rise in me as it looked as though the mother was feeding it. Till it dawned on me. The mother bird wasn't feeding the baby, it was heartlessly eating the crumbs I had left for the baby, then it just flew away.

Maybe you think me silly but things like this always bring me round to BSG. It seems everything I see and experience wells up in me the plight that means so much to me. For me, that baby is like our beloved show, tossed out of its nest for whatever reasons and desperately trying to do the one think it wants most, to live. And that conscienceless mother bird is too much like what TPTB are doing now, taking the few desperate hopes that could have meant life. And then they will fly away.

Life is cruel and unfair and I just have to accept it.

But I don't have to like it.

Affectionately and respectfully,
Muffit

Postscriptum: I don't like it. After some searching I found the nest and put the baby back. With any hope…!

Ever check back on the bird, Muf?
----------------------------
"You know the night before was a tough one when even the sound of the fizz hurts your head." -Mike Hammer.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2011, 11:57 PM   #7
Senmut
Strike Leader

Default Re: The Abandoned Baby Bird and BSG

Huh????
----------------------------
"You know the night before was a tough one when even the sound of the fizz hurts your head." -Mike Hammer.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote