Go Back   Colonial Fleets > FAN CREATIVITY > Colonial Library
Notices
Colonial Library Grab a glass of ambrosa and wrap yourself around stories, written by residents of our little corner of the universe!

Old March 19th, 2004, 04:36 PM   #1
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Unhappy Born Freeze

What is a human heart? Pink flesh and red, red blood. Home of love, and home of hate. Warm as a hearth or cold as the grave. Filled in life by Time’s fickle clouds, till it spills, overflowing, its sweet or bitter well of emotion, to all who briefly stop to draw and sip. The only softness in this adamantine world, that breaks instead of tears; and bids artesian eyes become a fount, the crimson clear as saline showers.

Youth spawns dreams like oceans, life, but Chance takes most to waste and wait beneath a tree, beside Van Winkle’s missing years. And when our childhood hopes are naught but public phones that ring unanswered, our elder eyes secret those hopes away, even yet beyond the assiduous ears of our most intimate offspring bedtime revelations.

My Mom was this and more. Inside her heart she kept the innocent dream of touching, holding a lion or its cub. I should have known, the day she begged my Dad to take us to a neighborhood drive-in, a single dollar for 3 lengthy shows: Born Free, Stay Free, Live Free. Her eyes did what her hands could not; a life not lived, a child deep inside.

And then one day when I was grown, we all excursioned to a park of animals, all of us the stoic apathy of age. When suddenly a young female trainer brought in her arms a tiny lion cub along our path, to feel and pet and hold just like a child. I cannot tell you how a parent becomes a child, but in my Mother’s eyes sparkled youth as brilliant and warm as any I’d ever seen, and watched her giggle like a Christmas toddler. Her hesitant steps and timid reaches were every bit the soul of a tiny girl, and I ached to see the trainer match her longing. But cold eyes regarded her and simply walked away, and I felt the walls of Hope itself tumble inside my Mother’s eyes.

Why do hearts grow cold like mountain streams, yet foul as idle ponds? Does it take so much to gently hug a heart that’s aching, without squeezing its dreams away? I do not share my Mother’s dream of lions, as many of you do not share my dream for BSG. But in my heart is ample room, to hold another’s desperate wish, and hope with hope ally.

I cannot hide the pain I feel, at seeing my show come so close and then just walk away, as I cannot find my mind’s delete key, for that moment my Mom’s dream slipped from her life. But if I hope for her, perhaps you too can hope for me, that ere this life writes ‘exit’ for my small part, I will somehow touch the cub that beckons me; an hour or two beyond The Hand of God, for BSG.

Affectionately and respectfully,
Muffit

Please support http://www.colonialfanforce.org
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2004, 04:49 PM   #2
Rowan
On Vacation...

Muffit you are an extraordinarily gifted writer I sincerely hope you are persuing further exploration of this talent!!!WOW
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2004, 04:58 PM   #3
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Thank you so much Rowan
Old March 19th, 2004, 05:13 PM   #4
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2004, 05:46 PM   #5
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffit
What is a human heart? Pink flesh and red, red blood. Home of love, and home of hate. Warm as a hearth or cold as the grave. Filled in life by Time’s fickle clouds, till it spills, overflowing, its sweet or bitter well of emotion, to all who briefly stop to draw and sip. The only softness in this adamantine world, that breaks instead of tears; and bids artesian eyes become a fount, the crimson clear as saline showers.

Youth spawns dreams like oceans, life, but Chance takes most to waste and wait beneath a tree, beside Van Winkle’s missing years. And when our childhood hopes are naught but public phones that ring unanswered, our elder eyes secret those hopes away, even yet beyond the assiduous ears of our most intimate offspring bedtime revelations.

My Mom was this and more. Inside her heart she kept the innocent dream of touching, holding a lion or its cub. I should have known, the day she begged my Dad to take us to a neighborhood drive-in, a single dollar for 3 lengthy shows: Born Free, Stay Free, Live Free. Her eyes did what her hands could not; a life not lived, a child deep inside.

And then one day when I was grown, we all excursioned to a park of animals, all of us the stoic apathy of age. When suddenly a young female trainer brought in her arms a tiny lion cub along our path, to feel and pet and hold just like a child. I cannot tell you how a parent becomes a child, but in my Mother’s eyes sparkled youth as brilliant and warm as any I’d ever seen, and watched her giggle like a Christmas toddler. Her hesitant steps and timid reaches were every bit the soul of a tiny girl, and I ached to see the trainer match her longing. But cold eyes regarded her and simply walked away, and I felt the walls of Hope itself tumble inside my Mother’s eyes.

Why do hearts grow cold like mountain streams, yet foul as idle ponds? Does it take so much to gently hug a heart that’s aching, without squeezing its dreams away? I do not share my Mother’s dream of lions, as many of you do not share my dream for BSG. But in my heart is ample room, to hold another’s desperate wish, and hope with hope ally.

I cannot hide the pain I feel, at seeing my show come so close and then just walk away, as I cannot find my mind’s delete key, for that moment my Mom’s dream slipped from her life. But if I hope for her, perhaps you too can hope for me, that ere this life writes ‘exit’ for my small part, I will somehow touch the cub that beckons me; an hour or two beyond The Hand of God, for BSG.

Affectionately and respectfully,
Muffit

Please support http://www.colonialfanforce.org
Muffit as always your posts are insightful and thought protecting.
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2004, 05:46 PM   #6
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Muffit,

Your gift is priceless and I am nearly speechless. Thank you for reminding me, and us, once again just how very important the seemingly 'little things in life' truly are.

You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2004, 06:58 PM   #7
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Thank you sincerely, Dawg, Shiningstar and of course, BST
I am so lucky to have friends like you all...

Affectionately,
Muffit
Old March 20th, 2004, 10:40 AM   #8
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffit
Thank you sincerely, Dawg, Shiningstar and of course, BST
I am so lucky to have friends like you all...

Affectionately,
Muffit
And WE dear one are lucky to have you in our lives
Old March 21st, 2004, 01:29 PM   #9
launchcruiser7
On Vacation...

wow you can launch with me any time better than that if you need a freind here i am
launchcruiser7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2004, 01:41 PM   #10
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Thanks Launchcruiser7
Old March 21st, 2004, 01:45 PM   #11
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Old March 25th, 2004, 03:43 AM   #12
bsg1fan1975
Major

well done and it makes a person think!

Cheese: [has tinfoil on his teeth] I have braces!
Mac: You found that on the ground, didn't you?
Cheese: Garbage can.
-episode "Mac Daddy"Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends"
bsg1fan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2004, 09:02 AM   #13
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Thanks so much Bsg!
Old March 26th, 2004, 05:00 PM   #14
Antelope

Thanks for the poetry. It makes you think. You have a gift.
Old March 26th, 2004, 05:46 PM   #15
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Thanks Antelope!