Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old December 16th, 2003, 08:46 PM   #1
HollyKnight55

Default Mini Differences?

I haven't seen the original series since it originally aired... and I'm only 30 now. I'm in the process of watching the new series, but would like to jump the gun and get the answer from you guys.

What are the significant differences from the original series? I'm getting that in the original, the Cylons weren't made by humanity? What else?
Old December 16th, 2003, 09:49 PM   #2
callsignfalcon
Warrior

Well, Starbuck and Boomer were both male in the origanal... Apollo and Adama both had a better relationship with each other and.... there were lazers... etc...
callsignfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2003, 10:00 PM   #3
baafan
Shuttle Pilot

Hi HollyKnight:

Here's a top level bulleted list of differences:

1. Characters
TOS - Adama, Apollo, Starbuck (male), Tigh, Athena, Boomer (male), Jolly, Greenbean, Serina, Boxey, Baltar, Cassiopeia, Zac, Centurions, Imperious Leader, Lucifer
Mini - Adama, Apollo, Starbuck (female), Tigh, Boomer (female), a mention of Jolly, Boxey, Baltar, mention of Zac, Tyrol, Lt. Helo, President Roslin, Six and the other humanoid Cylons.
2. TOS - Colonies are already at war. Colonial fleet destroyed in an ambush, the colonies by sneak attack under pretense of a peace armistice arranged by Baltar. Mini - Colonial fleet and colonies destroyed by sneak attack, with Baltar an unwitting accomplice.
3. TOS - Galactica a fully operational battlestar with full complement of Vipers. Mini - Galactica is an old battlestar on verge of de-commisioning.
4. TOS - Battlestars, Vipers, Basestars, Cylon fighters all have laser cannons. Mini - bullets / missiles.
5. TOS - no Ragnor space station. Mini - Ragnor.
6. TOS - civilian government IMHO is "stupid." Mini - President Roslin is a level-headed politician.

There are of course a ton of other differences, but I think these are the main ones. Anyone else want to chime in here?
baafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2003, 07:51 AM   #4
Darth Marley
GINO Public Defender

Default And the original series had...

And the original series had these adorable androids named Hector and Vector in one episode.

Damn,I miss those guys.