Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old March 9th, 2003, 08:18 PM   #1
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Wink DVD Review for Journey to the Center of the Earth

Hi all, a little OT but still sci-fi -- and I mean GREAT sci-fi .

A few moths ago I posted that the 1959 "Journey to the Center of the Earth" DVD was going to be released in March, and well, it's here!

This is one of the finest sci-fi movies ever done, IMHO. And thankfully this DVD lets you relive the wonderful drama in pristine quality. The sound is awesome -- when Pat Boone sings his solo "My Love is Like a Red, Red Rose" it sent tingles up my back it was so realistic. It's presented in widescreen which is great cuz I have always seen the sides chopped off on TV and the intro stretched to fit. The color is vivid and the restoration is incredible -- there is a special feature so you can see the difference between the badly degraded 1959 master, the so-so 1985 laserdisc master, and the new beautiful 2002 restoration. The sound is presented in Dolby Surround which is also a first, and is nicely done.

At $11 I couldn't pass this up. (To be honest, I would've bought it for 3 times that it's so dear to me). If you don't have it yet, it's well worth your while. It stars James Mason, Pat Boone and Arlene Dahl. And it stands the test of time -- my daughter (12) has never seen it and was transfixed the entire movie.

If I've piqued your interest, you can find it at:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...137461-1550259

Night all!
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote