Go Back   Colonial Fleets > FAN CREATIVITY > Colonial Library > Commander Taggart
Notices
Commander Taggart Awesome fanfic by our own dear Bill Gordon!!

Old December 5th, 2004, 06:03 PM   #1
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Default BlackStar Comments thread

Folks, he's done it again. Bill "Commander Taggart" Gordon has once again brought a future Battlestar Galactica episode to life.

http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums...ead.php?t=8646

Written in the form of a script - much as if Tom DeSanto had been successful at Fox - this is an episode which brings old antagonists together again and only through the ingenuity and resolve....

Well, my friends, you need to read it for yourselves.

May I be the first to say: Another excellent job, Bill.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2004, 07:19 PM   #2
CommanderTaggart
Warrior

Colonial Fan ForceFounder/President
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Webmaster (Retired)
Laurette Spang.com

Thanks, Dawg, not only for posting the script and for your kind words, but also for all of the editorial help and input you provided along the way.

This writing stuff is hard work! My hat goes off to all screenwriters who make a living at this. And, yes, that includes that RDM guy.
Old December 6th, 2004, 12:40 AM   #3
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Thumbs up

Bill,

Just started reading your script..and all I can say is...OMG, what a damn good job so far.

As with many of the talented writers here, you actually make me envision our beloved heroes of days gone by as if they were on the TV screen. I can literally hear the voices of Richard, Dirk, Herb Jr, and everyone else...Kinda have to fill in the blanks with the new characters. Well done indeed.

And also, without reading too much into what you said about taking your hat off to screenwriters who do this for a living...I commend you on your magnanimity, sir, regarding a certain screenwriter.

Respectfully,
Martok2112 (Steve)
Old December 6th, 2004, 07:35 AM   #4
CommanderTaggart
Warrior

Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Webmaster (Retired)
Laurette Spang.com

Thanks, Steve, I appreciate it. I have downloaded Dark Exodus, but I didn't want to read it before I was done with my script... but I'm now looking forward to reading it, after hearing so many wonderful endorsements from other CF members. BlackStar is the longest work I've ever actually finished... at 38 years old! Ah, well. When you're a radio reporter and an advertising copywriter, you don't get many shots at longform. It was fun, though. It was definitely fun.
Old December 6th, 2004, 12:11 PM   #5
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderTaggart
Thanks, Steve, I appreciate it. I have downloaded Dark Exodus, but I didn't want to read it before I was done with my script... but I'm now looking forward to reading it, after hearing so many wonderful endorsements from other CF members. BlackStar is the longest work I've ever actually finished... at 38 years old! Ah, well. When you're a radio reporter and an advertising copywriter, you don't get many shots at longform. It was fun, though. It was definitely fun.

Thank you, Bill. I truly hope you enjoy Dark Exodus. And I also hope that you continue with your writing as well. (We ain't gettin' no younger, don'cha know. )

Respectfully,
Steve
Old December 7th, 2004, 07:03 AM   #6
tracyb144

Bill,

I'm about half way through and I have to say "WOW"! I am soooooooo into this story. I'll be sitting down later tonight to finish reading it, but so far I'm really enjoying it.
Great job

Tracy
Old December 7th, 2004, 07:48 AM   #7
CommanderTaggart
Warrior

Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Webmaster (Retired)
Laurette Spang.com

Thanks, Tracy!
Old December 8th, 2004, 08:13 AM   #8
repcisg
Bad Email Address

Bill,

Finished it last night - WOW!
First rate job!

If you feel the itch to do more - please, do it!
repcisg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2004, 08:36 PM   #9
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

Colonial Fleets

Bill -

I just finished reading your script...... Fantastic! It was a lot of fun to read! I would call it a "real page scroller"! I loved the the bits of humor - they were just right without going over the top. I also think that you got the TOS characters just right - I could hear those familiar voices saying the lines as I read them. The story was so TOS-like even with the new characters and some of the updated material. Whoever said that a continuation story didn't have any mileage in it, hasn't read this....!

The one thing that really got me was the bit about Sheba at the end. I had almost forgotten about her completely... Now, my curiosity is up and you just have to write another one!

I can appreciate the difficulty in writing a script - I tried it years ago, but I could never get a story to flow right. I can do the script format, but if you don't have a story, you don't have a script!

Well done!

Bryan

P.S. - Now I can read Steve's story tomorrow night!

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2004, 12:29 AM   #10
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

Colonial Fleets

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini1999
Bill -

I just finished reading your script...... Fantastic! It was a lot of fun to read! I would call it a "real page scroller"! I loved the the bits of humor - they were just right without going over the top. I also think that you got the TOS characters just right - I could hear those familiar voices saying the lines as I read them. The story was so TOS-like even with the new characters and some of the updated material. Whoever said that a continuation story didn't have any mileage in it, hasn't read this....!

The one thing that really got me was the bit about Sheba at the end. I had almost forgotten about her completely... Now, my curiosity is up and you just have to write another one!

I can appreciate the difficulty in writing a script - I tried it years ago, but I could never get a story to flow right. I can do the script format, but if you don't have a story, you don't have a script!

Well done!

Bryan

P.S. - Now I can read Steve's story tomorrow night!

Yes, Bill is a hell of a writer. There is so much talent here at the Fleets

Respectfully,
Martok2112
Old December 9th, 2004, 02:11 AM   #11
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

Colonial Fleets

Thumbs up

Bill,

I just got through reading the script in its entirety...and Oh my God, what a great story. Very much worthy of the best aspects of Saga of a Star World, and The Living Legend.

The action was intense, the comedy..genuine. I nearly shot cola all over my computer monitor at a couple parts. Some good human moments there, and Sire Dix is a real "plick"

You have written another incredible fan tale that no Galactica fan should miss. Also, I do have a question.....Chief Douglas: Is that a tip of the hat to Aaron Douglas, and his character Chief Tyrol (one of the few agreed upon high points of TNS?) He has the same winning qualities as Tyrol...I was just curious. If so, a nice touch. I was going to try and write up a Tyrolesque character for Reciprocity as well, but it seems that ye've beaten me to the punch, my friend.

In any case, I give your story a very enthusiastic . Great pacing, great humor, and as I said before, I could literally hear and see the remaining original actors in the words I had read.

And do you know who I imagined to play Sire Dix? Wallace Shawn, who played Vizzini in "The Princess Bride." When Dix blurts "Impossible!" in a couple of your scenes, for some reason, I just envisioned Wallace Shawn playing him.

"He didn't fall!? Inconceivable!"

Well done, my friend.

I cannot say enough good about your excellent story!

With the greatest respect,
Steve (Martok2112)
Old December 9th, 2004, 10:14 AM   #12
CommanderTaggart
Warrior

Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Webmaster (Retired)
Laurette Spang.com

Gosh, guys, thanks! Capturing the "feel" of TOS was an overriding goal throughout the process. It thrills me to my toes to hear that that's the feel that came through.

Bryan... regarding Sheba: I had originally conceived of another end to the story that involved Sheba. As I worked it out in my head, however, I realized that by doing what I was planning to do, I would have either had to end the script as a "Cliffhanger," end it most unsatisfyingly, or double the length of the thing. None of those options appealed to me, so I rethought where I was going with it, and came up with the current ending. So, yes; I put the Sheba "seeds" in there in case I decided that I did want to write another one.

Steve, yes; "Chief Douglas" is a very thinly-veiled homage to the wonderful, fan-friendly actor that is Aaron Douglas, and the character he portrayed in the mini (the likeable Tyrol you could count on and look up to, not the Tyrol from the series).

In any case, I am so glad you guys enjoyed it... that means a lot to me. Of course the real test will be ShiningStar and Amberstar... if they like it, I'll definitley have to do another one.
Old December 9th, 2004, 01:07 PM   #13
julix
Bad Email Address

Did you forget about me?????I want to read it too!!!!
julix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2004, 07:49 PM   #14
CommanderTaggart
Warrior

Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Webmaster (Retired)
Laurette Spang.com

Of course not, Julix! Sorry, just got in a hurry... Julix, Amberstar, and Shining Star... my toughest critics!
Old December 9th, 2004, 09:12 PM   #15
repcisg
Bad Email Address

Indeed tough, but fair!
repcisg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2005, 08:35 PM   #16
ff_a_r8hrefefef

when can you do that fior you? can I!
Old May 29th, 2006, 04:40 AM   #17
john158

hello