Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old November 30th, 2003, 05:06 PM   #1
Trevor Angelus
Warrior

Default H.E.A.T. and Alpha Fleets: Don't Let History Repeat Itself

The details of this conection are mentioned in Kristy's Richard Hatch Thread.

Basicaly I stated the from what I've seen and heard about this Alpha Fleets, it's lot like a group called HEAT( Hal's Emerald Attack Team)
It started with simple letter writting campaigns and such, but escalated to death threats and attacked their own supporters, such as Wizrad, who where just printing the average info on upcomming issues. This turned their supporters against them and put them in a REAL bad public light.

Most important their bad attitude had the reverse effect on what they were trying to accomplish, doing more dammage than good.

Eventually they banded together and spoke with a clear voice and calmed down the antagonism. it became Hal's Emmerald Advancement Team, and TPTB at DC became more receptive to their views, and eventually brought back their character.

Killjoy and Kristy's antagonistic views are hurting our cause. We want to reach out to the public and have them sympatise with our plight, not view us as narrow minded psychos.

On top of that we are IN SERIOUS DANGER OF LOSEING OUR BEST FRIEND AND STAUNCHEST SUPPORTER Richard Hatch over reactions such as theirs. Would you want to support someone you have fought tooth and nail for, only to have them lose faith and stab you in the back on a misunderstood split second action? Of course you wouldn't.

We need to be VERY careful on how we treat the people who support us and have faith that what they do is for the best.

Let us not make the same mistakes that HEAT did and stand together at this crucial juncture.

Friend to all Colonial Warriors
Faithful to Hatch

Robbie
Old November 30th, 2003, 05:29 PM   #2
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFormer Assistant
Richard Hatch

Thank you, Trevor. Your words are more true than you know.
Micheleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2003, 05:54 PM   #3
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Definitely words that deserve theirown thread.

Thanks Trevor

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2003, 05:57 PM   #4
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Thanks Trevor. He's a good guy. But warriors get tired sometimes too.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2003, 06:02 PM   #5
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
Richard Hatch

Who, Richard? He's not tired, trust me.

He just deosn't enjoy getting attacked for a misinterpretation. Who does?
Old November 30th, 2003, 06:06 PM   #6
jewels

Colonial Fleets

I noticed "tired of getting attacked for the misrepresentation" sorts of tired in the notes I got this week.

Now if you forget your time zone difference and call him too early....that's an entirely different thing.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

Old November 30th, 2003, 06:44 PM   #7
jjrakman

I personally don't believe in the existence of this Alpha Fleets, or in the reality of the supposed March. Aside from a few postings, there's nothing really to substantiate this as anything more than a false rumour. No web site. No Yahoo group even. I have e-mailed them several times at the e-mail address they provided in the post that Dark Jedi started copying their post from another board. I asked for the PDF file which supposedly contained a flyer promoting the march. I have recieved nothing, nor any response as to when I could expect to receive the PDF file.

I would suggest not to pay this Alpha Fleets much attention at all until such a time that they can prove their existence beyond a few posts on these boards.
Old November 30th, 2003, 07:12 PM   #8
DarkJedi
Bad Email Address

FORUM STAFFVeteran
Fleets Officer

I mean this in no ill will to anyone. Trevor - you are entitled to your opinion of me. I wish you would have known me before this. I was once a hard fighter for this revival. And as Jewels said... sometimes warriors get tired of fighting and they do get discouraged when things have taken them off guard. I mean no ill will to the fight or the fandom. Never in my mind did it ever occur that this would tear the fans apart. For that I will apologize. In fact, I asked Tom to remove the thread all together. Why? To try to get people to focus on what is important. I still have my opinions and feelings, but that is just it... they are mine. Some of you don't realize that I have been working on the Star Wars side of things getting us help from there. When they saw the commercial and then the lowdown...I lost them. Many that came over with me called me demanding answers I didn't have. Many were saying the same thing. I guess when you are in that much shock and horror that when you hear the opinion being echo'ed around you by people you look up to - it tends to form in your mind too. Think ill of me - that's fine. But the only thing I can say is - I am sorry that I wrote that hastily and that it tore the fan base apart. I can't say I am sorry enough over that. But again, Trevor, you have your opinion of me, but I am not the monster you think I am. Truth be known, Dawg knew exactly what I was going thru and I didn't even realize it till I read his posts. And Thomas never gave up on me.

As for Alpha fleets...the first I had heard of them is when I saw that post over on the other bboard. (again, not one of my finer moments - this one was an honest mistake...sigh) I wanted to believe in it and I did. I know the person in charge, and I don't doubt him that it was real.

But to show my intentions were not ill willed...I am going to leave. I don't want to cause any more pain to the fans. I don't want to hinder their fight. I will continue to support from behind the scenes but it seems you have a new cheerleader to spirit you foward. My voice is no longer warranted.

I am sorry....

Kristi
the one and only dark jedi
DarkJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2003, 07:23 PM   #9
jjrakman

Hey, if I had seen that post I probably would have copied and pasted it here too. So don't feel bad. It was my interaction, or lack thereof, with this supposed Alpha Fleets that makes me think its all bogus. Not anything you did, or didn't do. I don't think you need to leave. Nor are you wanted to leave.
Old November 30th, 2003, 07:32 PM   #10
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Let me be the first (OK, second) to say this:

Don't go, Kristi.

I've been there - and I pulled a more bone-headed stunt than this will ever be. Nobody wants you to leave.

You were surprised, and you were overwhelmed before the surprise wore off. Nobody's going to hold that against you. Like I said, I've been there - and nobody's held it over my head once I realized my error.

Do what I did - go take a deep breath. Take a day or two to decompress, and relax.

Because next week starts the next phase - showing TPTB that it's the real Battlestar Galactica we want.

You now realize your words were hasty - honest, but hasty - and you feel you'll never live them down. Trust me, my friend, nobody here is going to hold them against you. In fact, you're now in an excellent position to explain the real purpose behind Richard's appearance, and how he was as much a victim of Sci-Fi's manipulation as any of us have been.

I've been there. I know.

Don't go.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2003, 08:05 PM   #11
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Kristi,

We haven't spoken directly but, I want to add my thoughts to Dawg's and JJ's. Even though I've only being actively involved in this effort for less than a year, the effort to bring back BSG is very DEAR to my heart. I know, by reading your writings, that it is also very dear to yours. You had every reason to be upset -- you were blindsided by what you saw on Lowdown and then, add to that the loss of support of your friends at the Star Wars board, it hit you like a double whammy. Granted, you mentioned that you may have said some things in haste. That happens to us all. It is not something that should cause you to leave us.

Please take Dawg's advice: "Do what I did - go take a deep breath. Take a day or two to decompress, and relax."

But, keep in mind, whether you like it or not, you're part of this family and we want you to STAY.

In closing, I'll go biblical for just a moment -- "let he who is without sin, cast the first stone".

(you better pull up a comfortable chair, it will probably be quite a wait)

Take care and please reconsider -- we're stronger with you than without you!!

BST
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2003, 08:13 PM   #12
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
Richard Hatch

"But to show my intentions were not ill willed...I am going to leave. I don't want to cause any more pain to the fans."

Why? We're all friends here. I'm sure this can all be water under the bridge. Disagreements happen. If you let the Scifi channel knock you down with a second's worth of creative editing, we lose someone we can't afford to at a bad time. I wish you wouldn't.
Old November 30th, 2003, 08:33 PM   #13
jewels

Colonial Fleets

Kristi, please stay. You are essential as you are.

Like Micheleh & I haven't pulled our share of stupidity. *jabs Micheleh, c'mon, we know a little of what this place feels like.*

There were a few of us that had recent enough conversations with Richard that we knew Sly Lie was pulling (yet another) fast one. None of us expected to need to pull a statement out of Richard though. Ask the man one question about the BSG revival and WOW, I will never say that man is not passionate about BSG!

Kick your shoes off, prop your feet up, play a word game in the Cafe. You didn't rip us appart: we were worried about you and any that felt like you. And we were worried that Richard (and Dirk, even) were going to get misrepresented by that thing that thinks it's a SciFi channel.

Go give Sept 17th a hug and you will both feel better.

Jewels

Last edited by jewels; November 30th, 2003 at 08:38 PM..
Old November 30th, 2003, 09:28 PM   #14
michaelfaries
Great Honored Warrior (ret.)
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFather of BG websites
BattlestarGalactica.com(ret)
BattlestarPegasus.com(ret)

Default Re: H.E.A.T. and Alpha Fleets: Don't Let History Repeat Itself

Quote:
Originally posted by Trevor Angelus
On top of that we are IN SERIOUS DANGER OF LOSEING OUR BEST FRIEND AND STAUNCHEST SUPPORTER Richard Hatch over reactions such as theirs. Would you want to support someone you have fought tooth and nail for, only to have them lose faith and stab you in the back on a misunderstood split second action? Of course you wouldn't.
In all honesty, I don't believe this to be true for one moment.

It's not a matter of losing Richard Hatch. Richard is already focused on his other projects, including the next BG novel, "Destiny." He will always have a special place in his heart for BG, but it's past due for him to create new successes. He has been -- and remains -- a staunch supporter of BG overall.

I don't mean to alienate anyone over this statement: Richard's efforts for a BG revival are done for the time being. He continues to show his trailer at appearances; he continues to wax about the show; and he continues to publish his books for the foreseeable future.

The fact that some fans have misunderstood Richard's appearances on the SCI-FI Channel won't deter Richard from his true feelings about the show, past, present or future, nor his support and hopes for it. As he's said time and time again, it's up to the fans to speak loudly for what they want.

(Btw, I no longer speak for Richard, but I know him well enough to say these things, including a conversation we shared from the other day.)

Michael
:colwar:

Last edited by michaelfaries; November 30th, 2003 at 09:39 PM..
michaelfaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2003, 10:45 PM   #15
Fallen_Warrior
Just Lost My Cherry!

Default The Fight Isn't Over

Kristi...I know I've only been a member for a very short time, but I have been visting the board for months and reading the postings. Losing you would be this Forums biggest downfall. You made an impetious mistake.....don't we all? Afterall, this is not a Star Trek forum and, to the best of my knowledge, there doesn't seem to be any Vulcans here; that is, unless you forgot to share something with us (ha ha!!! <with a light jab>)? In all seriousness, if this "Alpha Fleet' is some kind of HEAT-like ploy, your leaving this forum will accomplish exactly what they set out to do....create strife and dissention within our movement. Is that what you REALLY want?!?!!? Of course not. I don't know if your doing this out of embarassment or just stubborn pride. Whatever it is, don't let it keep you from being where you belong....amongst friends who understand. Hell...my initial reaction wasn't too far off from yours. It was an easy mistake to make. From what I know, and have read, Richard Hatch is a kind hearted person. More than anyone, he shares and understands the passion we all feel towards BG. I doubt that he would forsake the entire forum over one or two hastily made comments. He's probably feeling more anxiety than all of us put together. Just put this behind you and let's focus on our original objectives. While many (if not most) of us were children when we first watched BG, we're ALL adults now. And anyone here isn't mature enough to overlook this, then they're not of much worth to this Forum anyway. We stand to gain more with you than without you. Think about it over some amborsia....it'll make you feel better!!!!!!!!!
Fallen_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2003, 10:53 PM   #16
Fallen_Warrior
Just Lost My Cherry!

Default P.S.

By the way, if you truly have been a loyal Warrior to this cause, I don't seem to recall you being dismissed?!?!? So............GET BACK TO YOUR POST!!!!!!
I think all the posts should prove to you that no one wants you to leave. Take care Kristi....if we won't give up on you, then you shouldn't give up on us!
Fallen_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2003, 11:04 PM   #17
DarkJedi
Bad Email Address

FORUM STAFFVeteran
Fleets Officer

Fallen Warrior -
"I don't know if your doing this out of embarassment or just stubborn pride. Whatever it is, don't let it keep you from being where you belong....amongst friends who understand. "

Embarassment I think. Pride was shot out the window after I realized when I got back from holiday that this was tearing the fans apart. It took reading Dawg's posts to realize what happened. So I swallowed it and admitted I was wrong to have posted so hastily with out letting things set in. (way out of character for me)

Thank you for your post, and for others. Its now time to think on things for a bit.

Kristi
DarkJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2003, 01:44 AM   #18
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
Richard Hatch

"I don't mean to alienate anyone over this statement: Richard's efforts for a BG revival are done for the time being."

Michael (and all)- no worries. Richard says his efforts aren't through. His interview says it pretty well.

"I just feel that the best way for me to ever have an opportunity to be involved in Battlestar again is to be successful doing my own thing. That's when the studios take notice. "

Tom didn't get taken seriously until he had an XMen under his belt. When Magellan takes off.... we'll see.

Old December 1st, 2003, 03:44 AM   #19
Trevor Angelus
Warrior

Default Boy is my face RED!

I do admit that after seeing you slam Richard like that and releasing all of that anger on everyone on that thread, I did have a very low opinion of you. I do NOT lie, I believe honesty is the best way to work things out so I won't start things off with comments like "Oh we have our days" or "It's Ok, I understand" Because frankly I didn't understand your anger.

However, after reading your post my opinion of you has drasticly changed, and I appologize for thinking you were a hot headed antagonist. But I will say this don't always act on passion or out of hatred, to qute Yoda fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to not getting our continuation! LOL

Now that you have calmly stated your reasons, I could understand your position better and where you were comming from, but remember sometimes the best way to defeat an enemy is to work from within and not play their game. I beleive this was Richard's reason for his appearance. Sci Fi saw this as an opportuntity to turn us against him,and it almost worked.

As for your leaving, have you not read my posts to their entirety? I have repeatedly stated that this is a time to stick TOGETHER, thick or thin. NOT fall apart. We NEED you, we need every fan and their unwavering support.

I appologize for my hasty assessment of your character, I hope you will forgive me and we will be friends, no scratch that, family. That is what we all need to be, a family working together through good and bad. to be there to love and support one another, even if we never get our continuation, we will have each other.

I want to thank everyone for their positive posts, especially Tom Micheleh and Jewels! You guys are REALLY great!

Micheal Farries thank you too. I was just really worried that Richard felt like we all turned our backs on him over something stupid, and felt frustrated esspecially all the effort he has put in and all the wonderful things he has given us. I wish him the best in all he endevours.

And to you all thank you and let's work together united to bring The TRUE Galactica home to Earth.

Fleeing the Sci Fi tyranny, the original Battlestar Galactica leads the rag tag Colonial Fleets toward a shining goal, known as a continuation! :colwar: