Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Old August 13th, 2003, 10:51 PM   #1
Flamingo Girl
Squadron Leader

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

Thumbs down The new drive-thru pharmacy at work.

Monday night a woman drove her SUV through my store. Fortunately, no one was injured. A man helped her out of the thing, and took her to the restaurant several doors down, and she never came back. The police searched for her for a half hour, and when they found her, she told them she had mistaken the gas pedal for the brake. After she told them her name and address, she left. Didn't even stick around to see what happened with her vehicle, much less to find out if anyone was hurt.
The assistant manager had been sitting in front of that window all night redoing the shelves, she had just finished putting the new labels on and had walked away, about 2 minutes later the SUV drove in. She was 45 minutes freaking out about it.
There were two customers in the next aisle, who were fortunately far enough down that they only got scared, they weren't even hit by the hair styling products that were thrown off the shelves.
I was in the pharmacy (of course) and heard the crash, and when I looked, all I could see was twisted window frame and dust. Lil and I closed up and went out to see what happened, and there's a truck covered in glass and insulation parked in the cosmetic aisle. I did agree to stay late, and cleaned up a little, but you shouldn't do stuff when you're in shock and a bit on the numb side, I pulled a muscle in my back. I was also still suffering from shock Tuesday, I was sick all day.

"Dirk's always wanted to make love with himself, and now he could succeed!!!"
RH
Flamingo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2003, 05:56 AM   #2
goldcenturian
Shuttle Pilot

Default WOW!!!

Glad you're physically ok. Take it easy for a while. This is a big dangerous world with lots of dangerous places (like work) that you need to be be alert in. It's sad that you can't go to work or school and feel safe anymore.
Bye,
Carolyn
goldcenturian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2003, 06:37 AM   #3
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

I thank God that you were ok.
According to the laws in my state
when you leave a scene of an accident
especially one that YOU caused ........that's
a pretty serious offense. SHe should be in
Jail for leaving the scene of an accident .......
ANY ACCIDENT.

I'll keep you in my prayers hon.
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote