Notices
Other Science Fiction Shows A place to discuss all of the other Sci-Fi shows
which may tickle your fancy!

Old May 19th, 2005, 01:11 AM   #1
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

Default Revenge of the Sith--My verdict is in

Whoooooooooaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!
Wow. Just....wow. My mind is still trying to take in what I just experienced. It was very different in style and storytelling than any other SW film. It was definately better than both prior Episodes, but I am a fan of the first two so for me that does say a lot. I loved it. Definately going to see it again several more times. Lucas really did good with this one. It was so well executed that some badly acted scenes from Padme had to be forgiven.

The story was deep and this was definately Palpatine's movie. The way he manipulated Anakin and seduced him slowly, taking him closer to where he wanted him to be, was done quite well.

Where do I rank it? There are some who call it blasphemy to like a prequel better than the Empire Strikes Back, but while TESB has always been my favorite of the SW films, it is now my second favorite.

If reincarnation is real, I want to come back as a bowling ball...because that's how I roll.

My Creativity:
https://www.facebook.com/legoshine
My Writing Page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/InSpi...47884321946870
The 14th Colony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2005, 01:18 AM   #2
gmd3d
Major

WOW thats some review.. better that TESB ..

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2005, 03:50 AM   #3
amberstar
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranis
WOW thats some review.. better that TESB ..
Yes better than TESB.......

Forgive me I've only had two hours of sleep........I saw it last night at midnight
My mind is still trying to form the right words to describe what an amazing episode this is!
14th is right on with his reiview, it is a deep story with a dark telling of what happened to make Vader, but still had elements of the classic that made this one worth seeing more than once! It will have you on the edge of your seat
Old May 19th, 2005, 02:24 PM   #4
TopGun
Strike Leader

Loved it

I was close to tears in certain places, don't know if I sound say which, since it may spoil the movie for some people.

Palpatine is Pure Evil
Old May 19th, 2005, 05:57 PM   #5
amberstar
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopGun
Loved it

I was close to tears in certain places, don't know if I sound say which, since it may spoil the movie for some people.

Palpatine is Pure Evil
I agree some scenes were really pulling on my heart strings, and others had me on the edge of my seat with excitement. I have a whole new view of Vader now that we know what happened.
Old May 19th, 2005, 07:21 PM   #6
warhammerdriver
Bad Email Address

I can't see it until Sunday-------can't wait!
warhammerdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2005, 12:34 AM   #7
TopGun
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberstar
I have a whole new view of Vader now that we know what happened.
Me too
Old May 20th, 2005, 02:48 AM   #8
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 14th Colony
Whoooooooooaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!
Wow. Just....wow. My mind is still trying to take in what I just experienced. It was very different in style and storytelling than any other SW film. It was definately better than both prior Episodes, but I am a fan of the first two so for me that does say a lot. I loved it. Definately going to see it again several more times. Lucas really did good with this one. It was so well executed that some badly acted scenes from Padme had to be forgiven.

The story was deep and this was definately Palpatine's movie. The way he manipulated Anakin and seduced him slowly, taking him closer to where he wanted him to be, was done quite well.

Where do I rank it? There are some who call it blasphemy to like a prequel better than the Empire Strikes Back, but while TESB has always been my favorite of the SW films, it is now my second favorite.

I am right there with you my friend! It just bumped TESB out of the number one slot for me.

Respectfully,
Martok2112
Old May 20th, 2005, 03:32 AM   #9
bsg1fan1975
Major

local newsrag even gave praise and smashing review! Went to the mall where its playing to see the matinee times for Sunday and the woman said there was 800 people at the midnight release! According to the morning news, it already has taken in 16.5 mil for just the midnight showings! That is a stunner, so it has to be worth it!

Cheese: [has tinfoil on his teeth] I have braces!
Mac: You found that on the ground, didn't you?
Cheese: Garbage can.
-episode "Mac Daddy"Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends"
bsg1fan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2005, 04:32 AM   #10
julix
Bad Email Address

It is worth it!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing, truely. The only thing that surprized me is how emotional I got.......Wow, I mean really. I just was feeling everything and I let myself feel it. It touched parts of my spirit I can even explain. I guess that sounds silly. I know some people who not fans of SW would laugh. I know this series has its faults, but I am just stunned. I was right there inside that world feeling and experiencing everything. That is what Writers/creators/directors.....etc hope for. My hat is off to mr. Lucas. he has always insipired me, but he outdid himself with this. I think I personaly experienced it in a whole different level then some people and for that I am thankful. It is nice to have something you love completed.
julix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2005, 09:46 AM   #11
Titon
Retired or am I?

Special Effects Artist
Battlestar Galactica 2003
COMMAND INSIGNIACoFounder
Colonial Fleets

Wow, looking forward to seeing it!
Old May 20th, 2005, 12:46 PM   #12
gmd3d
Major

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAVE TO WAIT .... CAN'T HOLD OUT MUCH LONGER AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU LUCKY PEOPLE

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2005, 12:53 PM   #13
julix
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranis
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAVE TO WAIT .... CAN'T HOLD OUT MUCH LONGER AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU LUCKY PEOPLE

Lord Taranis.................get thee to a theater quickly...........no quickly please!!!!
Old May 20th, 2005, 01:17 PM   #14
Haveke

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarnis

Quote:
Originally Posted by julix
Lord Taranis.................get thee to a theater quickly...........no quickly please!!!!

I Can See Tranis is in Major Need... Might I Prescribe 2 Tickets to the Saturday Afternoon/Evening Showing of Revenge Of The Sith.

Lucas Went Old School on this Movie... He Managed to Connect all the Loose Ends that Were Sorta Hanging out there... Now, if You Would Like More Info on the Sith; then I would Suggest Reading Dark Horse Comics EPIC Miniseries ... TALES OF THE JEDI... it Goes into Far More Detail than Any Movie Ever Can...

The Sith Were Orginally a Race of Alien Beings...

Get to the Next Showing STAT!!!

May the FORCE Be With You...

Jay

Always Stay With Your Wingman

Hey, This Kid Don't Sign On for No Oneway Mission...We're Coming Back!

See You On the Flight Deck:
Old May 20th, 2005, 01:57 PM   #15
cranky1c
Warrior

So would you take your 7yo to see it?
cranky1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2005, 02:04 PM   #16
TopGun
Strike Leader

Well there are loads of Severed Limbs
Old May 20th, 2005, 02:37 PM   #17
julix
Bad Email Address

It is more then the limbs.........I think you should see it first to decide for yourself........everyone's views are different. But in general it is just a very heavy movie. I was an emotional mess.......I know, and that is different from when????you say......... But truely If you can see it yourself first I would.
Old May 20th, 2005, 02:48 PM   #18
TopGun
Strike Leader

That is very sound advice indeed. It's the darkest movie in the series
Old May 21st, 2005, 05:59 AM   #19
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by martok2112
I am right there with you my friend! It just bumped TESB out of the number one slot for me.

Respectfully,
Martok2112
Dude, when I went to C3 (SW: Celebration 3 in Indianapolis) they showed us a five minutes series of clips from the movie, scenes that had not been seen in the two movie trailers or anywhere at any time, and in each showing, 600 jaws in the room hit the floor (as yours did during the film, no doubt). I called my buddy Mike (who couldn't make the convention) from the Con during lunch and told him how intense and also how emotional the new scenes appeared to depict the movie to be, and how stunned I was by it. I then told him that that night me and our friends were going to the digital theatre in the Con to see TESB, but that we weren't going to bother seeing any of the othes while there. Mike told me, "Of course, that's because TESB is the best SW movie of all." I told him (this was April 21), "Dude, in one month we won't be saying that any more...I have foreseen it!" Mike saw it the same night I did (different states) and then again the next day, and I'm seeing it again today. I do believe my prophesy was accurate!

If reincarnation is real, I want to come back as a bowling ball...because that's how I roll.

My Creativity:
My Writing Page:
Old May 21st, 2005, 06:05 AM   #20
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranky1c
So would you take your 7yo to see it?
I would be very careful. Take the advice already given. There is a scene where a group of kids, while not shown being killed, are murdered. The scene cuts away without showing anything, but there is no doubt that the children were cut down. That might be very disturbing to a 7 year old so be careful about that. And when Anakin recieves his horrifying injuries that require the life support suit, you might want to cover your son's eyes, maybe his ears too. Do you have an extra set of hands for that?

My Creativity:
My Writing Page:
Old May 21st, 2005, 06:10 AM   #21
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by julix
It is worth it!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing, truely. The only thing that surprized me is how emotional I got.......Wow, I mean really. I just was feeling everything and I let myself feel it. It touched parts of my spirit I can even explain. I guess that sounds silly. I know some people who not fans of SW would laugh. I know this series has its faults, but I am just stunned. I was right there inside that world feeling and experiencing everything. That is what Writers/creators/directors.....etc hope for. My hat is off to mr. Lucas. he has always insipired me, but he outdid himself with this. I think I personaly experienced it in a whole different level then some people and for that I am thankful. It is nice to have something you love completed.
Not silly at all. It was a hella emotional movie, the most of the series without a doubt IMHO. I wholeheartedly agree with everything that you wrote.

When you saw Vader's face as the helmet was being lowered to be put on, that look of pain and fear, despite how evil he had become, did you not feel a shred of sympathy for him and how he'd been tricked and turned? I know that I did, and I did NOT expect to feel sorry for Darth Vader at all.

I am hopefully going to see it again today.

My Creativity:
My Writing Page:
Old May 21st, 2005, 10:50 AM   #22
sropi

WOW!! It came, it rolled like a juggernaut, and hit me full.
Now I have to wait a few months to actually see it in theater (There is a built-in 3-5-7-... moths delay for us hungarians SIGH!!) Now I have to shut my mouth and put a lock on it, under threat of severe injuries if i tell a thing to my friends

I'm really courious about the Director's cut edition...
I can't wait to see scenes that had to be dumped for various reasons (example: that it DOESN'T GET an 18+ rating)
Old May 21st, 2005, 01:42 PM   #23
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

Just came back from seeing ROTS a 2nd time. It was even better than the first time. Such an awesome film it is.

My Creativity:
My Writing Page:
Old May 21st, 2005, 02:39 PM   #24
sropi

Can't wait to see it in a real theatre, with the "real" sound, popcorn etc.
Watching it on PC just isn't the same...
Old May 21st, 2005, 03:11 PM   #25
julix
Bad Email Address

Ron,
Thanks! I felt sympathy the whole time for anakin! he was used and so manipulated. He of course had a choice but I felt for him! I think Hayden did an excellent job! So many people slam him but he totally convinced me!
Old May 21st, 2005, 03:30 PM   #26
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

I agree with you (again!). Hayden did a really good job. The only acting I had trouble with was Natalie Portman's.

My Creativity:
My Writing Page:
Old May 21st, 2005, 03:59 PM   #27
julix
Bad Email Address

I didn't have a big problem Portman, I didn't think there was a lot given to her. I want to read the book. I found it very helpful with episode one and two to read the books...........it added so much to what they were thinking which is honestly hard to act(not impossible but diificult) For example in Episode two it goes into detail how much Padme wants children and a family. She is around her sister's kids and loves it so much and longs for children of her own. She is tired of politics and people who just use you for what they want. So it makes sense that she is completly devestated when she looses the dream after waiting and wanting it for so long.. I had guessed the cause of Padme's death over 10 years ago and Goerge played it out exactly as I had envisioned it! Wild huh
Old May 21st, 2005, 05:05 PM   #28
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

I agree with ya Julix. And I plan on seeing it again on my next day off...and maybe even again that same night if I so choose. Episode III had so much happening at once, especially in their space battles and ground battles, it was impossible to catch everything.

Martok2112
Old May 21st, 2005, 06:07 PM   #29
julix
Bad Email Address

Steve..........LOL
Hubby and I are going again this weekend. He is there right now and i am going tommorrow
Old May 21st, 2005, 06:33 PM   #30
Breea
Bad Email Address

I loved it,too. I've got to see it again and again. One funny thing that happened at our midnight showing..everybody just about died laughing. There was a mother there with her 5 year old..way to young ..however, he was so cute...Wasn't in the showing where i was. anyway, there was a dude there dress up like Vader..whole 9 yards...well this kid had a toy light saber and marched right up to Vader and told him..and I quote.."Me no like you Vader" and proceeded to wham him on the legs full force with his saber.
After much growling by Vader he started toward the kid and dropped his saber and ran screaming for "Momma". good thing our man in black had a sense of humor.
We had 6 showings at midnight and well over 1500 people there.
Breea
Breea is offline   Reply With Quote