Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Old July 26th, 2004, 07:30 PM   #31
Mike Wright

Well I probably have very little to offer a valid discussion about politics, but I never liked Bush... I liked his dad, but my dislike for George Jr started with his appointment of John Ashcroft, who is a big-time member of the Assembly of God church. If you ask me, thats a whole terrorist organization on its own. Here locally, they've been responsible for at least 30 people loosing their jobs and six houses burning down, all because they "suspected they were satan worshipers and were putting demons in church members through their demonic music and works."

I was never into Kerry, I was all for supporting Edwards. I dunno why, I guess I just liked his attitude. I guess I need to read more into their campaign before I make a real educated vote. But I'm definately not voting for Bush. There is just no way. Which will piss my wife off, because she thinks the Democrats are responsible for shutting down all the lumber mills and sucking up to the environmentalists. Which doesn't make any sense to me, because Gary Locke, governor of Washington was on hand trying to *stop* mills from closing here in Washington, in fact the very mill that her dad worked at, and Gary Locke is a Democrat. And the damn mill closed last year, which would have been who's watch?

I dunno. I suspect her and I will argue a great deal about this. You don't think something like this could end a marriage, do you? *lol*
Old July 26th, 2004, 07:40 PM   #32
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Quote:
You don't think something like this could end a marriage, do you? *lol*
I hope not... but you may want to stash a spare blanket and pillow near the couch until the election is over.

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2004, 07:57 PM   #33
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Bijou,

A follow-up to our previous conversation:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijou88
your final point deals with Iraq's involvment with 9-11. I don't know where you obtained this information, but I have never read anything about such an elaborate camp.
I had actually heard about it through conversations with different people, at different times. After that, I thought that there might be something to this assertion and so I did some research and found this link:

http://politics.guardian.co.uk/archi...296646,00.html
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2004, 09:15 PM   #34
Bijou88

http://politics.guardian.co.uk/archi...296646,00.html[/QUOTE]

I read the artilce you linked to BST and did a little research of my own:

first up we find an article from The Guardian (yes The Guardian) dated Sunday November 11, 2001. It deals with a number of issues including the alleged meeting between Muhammed Atta and an Iraqi intelligence officer in Prague.

It also deals with the testimony of Iraqi defectors, one (codenamed) Abu Zeinab the other Captain Sabah Khodad, who point to the terrorist training camp at Salman Pak in Iraq.

Although both these pieces of intelligence were given some credence 18 months ago when the article was published, neither the Prague meeting nor the testimony of the defectors is taken seriously anymore. In fact, it is particuarly noticeable that in all the Administration's attempts to hint at, suggest, imply conjure a link between Saddam and al Qaeda in the last 12 months, they have never (to my knowledge) used the defector's testimony as part of their case (though they did once trot out some other "high ranking officals" they have in custody, but not even specially briefed Republicans were terribly convinced by this and they stopped using that angle almost immediately).

The Salman Pak story was cooked up by Iraqi defectors who wanted to tell the Bush administration what they wanted to hear about Saddam. These people were part of an information gatering service funded by the U.S. and affiliated with Chalabi, the discredited Iraqi defector. So, in the end, The Saddam- Al Queda story doesn't hold water. (It might hold some oil though.)
Old July 27th, 2004, 06:07 AM   #35
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Wright
Well I probably have very little to offer a valid discussion about politics, but I never liked Bush... I liked his dad, but my dislike for George Jr started with his appointment of John Ashcroft, who is a big-time member of the Assembly of God church. If you ask me, thats a whole terrorist organization on its own. Here locally, they've been responsible for at least 30 people loosing their jobs and six houses burning down, all because they "suspected they were satan worshipers and were putting demons in church members through their demonic music and works."

I was never into Kerry, I was all for supporting Edwards. I dunno why, I guess I just liked his attitude. I guess I need to read more into their campaign before I make a real educated vote. But I'm definately not voting for Bush. There is just no way. Which will piss my wife off, because she thinks the Democrats are responsible for shutting down all the lumber mills and sucking up to the environmentalists. Which doesn't make any sense to me, because Gary Locke, governor of Washington was on hand trying to *stop* mills from closing here in Washington, in fact the very mill that her dad worked at, and Gary Locke is a Democrat. And the damn mill closed last year, which would have been who's watch?

I dunno. I suspect her and I will argue a great deal about this. You don't think something like this could end a marriage, do you? *lol*
No it won't. If you want the marriage to WORK. You need to AGREE to
DISAGREE and refuse to discuss politics and focus on what's important
to your marriage.
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2004, 03:34 AM   #36
bsg1fan1975
Major

it was on nbc news last night

Cheese: [has tinfoil on his teeth] I have braces!
Mac: You found that on the ground, didn't you?
Cheese: Garbage can.
-episode "Mac Daddy"Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends"
bsg1fan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2004, 05:57 AM   #37
Bijou88

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsg1fan1975

What was?

:confused:
Old July 28th, 2004, 12:21 PM   #38
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsg1fan1975
:laugh: Did they play the ENTIRE song? :laugh:
Old July 28th, 2004, 12:22 PM   #39
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
What was?

:confused:
The SONG .........Spoof of Kerry and BUSH singing together ...............
scroll up to the first thread and click on the link
Old July 29th, 2004, 03:56 AM   #40
bsg1fan1975
Major

i went to the site and its hialrious think I am going to send it to my sister. She loves this kind of stuff!

Old July 29th, 2004, 04:06 AM   #41
Norwegian

I really don`t think this is an election between Kerry and Bush. I feel that it is an election between Bush and "that other guy".
Old July 29th, 2004, 04:13 AM   #42
bsg1fan1975
Major

as far as the election goes I am handing Bush a pink slip! I vote for who is going to do more for my purse, Dem. or Rep.

Old July 29th, 2004, 09:44 AM   #43
repcisg
Bad Email Address

I'm not entirely happy with Bush, he reminds me of several CEO's I've had the misfortune to know. They ran their companies into the ground. Part of the problem, no real imagination, everything done by the numbers. Plus no changing the plan once approved, no matter the cost.
repcisg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2004, 07:22 AM   #44
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

Interesting that you said that, repcisg, because that is what Bush did with several actual companies before he got into politics. Not only is Bush against almost all of the things that I firmly believe in, but he has sent all of those fine young men and women to hellholes like Iraq and Afghanistan and then supported cutting benefits for military spouses and veterans.

As a veteran who knows people who have been over there or who may have to go, that would lose my vote without any other reasons added in to the mix.

Of course, this is probably a discussion that should be left to a political list, isn't it?

Back on topic then: The song parody was "wicked funny" as we say in New England.

Each smallest act of kindness reverbrates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.

This Momentous Day, H. R. White

unowhoandwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2004, 12:10 PM   #45
bsg1fan1975
Major

my sister sent me an email this morning and said she was laughing so hard she was in tears last night. My brother in law got curious as to why she was in hysterics and came over to see it so she played it for him too. She said he was almost on the floor.

Old July 30th, 2004, 09:15 PM   #46
Bijou88

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas7g
http://www.jibjab.com/thisland.html

Oh you HAVE to see this! Its a funny little flash movie making fun of our US political candidates. ONly a few minutes long but very funny! THis will leave you rolling in the aisles! Trust me. Its worth a download!

"This land is your land...this land is my land...."

Watch it quickly before this gets on the news and everyone and his sister will be hitting this iste!

I took a peek today and loved it! I watched it ten times in a row to get all the details they crammed into every scene. I loved it when Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld were all dancing in step. And when Howard Dean did his patented freak out I cried with laughter! This is a great bit of satire that rakes both candidates over the coals equally. Great stuff! Who are the creators? Have they done anything else? The production had a real professional polish.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Old August 2nd, 2004, 07:56 PM   #47
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
I took a peek today and loved it! I watched it ten times in a row to get all the details they crammed into every scene. I loved it when Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld were all dancing in step. And when Howard Dean did his patented freak out I cried with laughter! This is a great bit of satire that rakes both candidates over the coals equally. Great stuff! Who are the creators? Have they done anything else? The production had a real professional polish.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I loved it too LOL

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: