Go Back   Colonial Fleets > FAN CREATIVITY > Colonial Library
Notices
Colonial Library Grab a glass of ambrosa and wrap yourself around stories, written by residents of our little corner of the universe!

Old January 20th, 2006, 09:03 PM   #1
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Exclamation The Colonial Library welcomes the Virtual Second Season Project

Greetings,

For yahrens, folks have wondered, "what happened after the Galactica destroyed the Cylon Baseship in the episode, "The Hand of God"? Well, there are some folks who have put the proverbial pen to paper or, to jump to the 21st century, put fingers to the keyboard and created stories that would go a long way toward answering that question.

Those folks have graciously allowed Colonial Fleets to host their stories and, in conjuction with that, Colonial Fleets is happy to announce a new addition to our Colonial Library forum. It is called the
"Virtual Second Season Project".

In addition to the opening of the new forum, we would also like to invite you to check out the Second Season group's home website @

http://www.galacticafanfic.com/stories/season2.html

We would also like to extend a personal invitation to those Virtual Second Season Project members, not already registered at Fleets, to join our little outpost, on the edge of somewhere.

Now, onto the stories...........

So, kick back, grab a mug of Ambrosa, and enjoy the stories.

BST
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2006, 09:56 PM   #2
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

On behalf of myself, Senmut and the other authors of the VS (some of whom are not CF members), we thank Fleets for becoming the second home for our project!

This project is part of the Galactica Fanfic Mailing List which has been up and running since about 1999 and is itself a spin-off of the original Galactica mailing list (the descendant of which is now a Yahoo group). It began in 2004 largely in reaction to certain events that raised the question of whether TOS could have been continued in the kind of epic story-arc style of writing that has come to be expected of today's TV shows, and so some of us decided to band together and make such a long-term series, complete with continuing subplots and ongoing character dramas within some basically self-contained main plots possible.

In the same way that Sandy is bringing his "Exodus" series to fruition with his audio dramas authored by several people, we at the Fanfic board have been doing the same with our VS project to show how at its heart, the universe of Battlestar Galactica was a fundamentally sound concept for some rich storytelling, moving beyond the events of the original series. And the nice thing is that while such a project might conceivably have been one of those, "Nice to plan, too complicated to make it happen and sustain it" sort of things, we've managed to keep it going nearly two years now with fifteen stories and there's no end in sight yet!

Hopefully those who drop in our VS stories, as well as other stories in the library and similar projects like the Exodus series, will get a better appreciation for how there is in fact a rich vein of storytelling out there to satisfy our longings for continuation and make the absence of an official live action project easier to deal with (even as we all continue to hope that will change one day), and perhaps also stimulate other would-be writers to put their own creative interpretations of what happened next, after Apollo and Starbuck departed the Celestial Dome in "Hand Of God" to their keyboards and share with us someday too!

In the meantime, all of us at the VS look forward to your feedback on these stories, and as you get to the end of where we are now, your insights and suggestions on where we might go in the future, will be much appreciated.
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2006, 03:49 AM   #3
gmd3d
Major

Great I am looking forward to going home tomorrow to start on one ..

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2006, 09:34 PM   #4
mikedx
Warriordx

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
BattlestarGalacticaAutographs.com

Quick question.

Shouldn't a dicussion of what might have been in the second season include the scripts that were actually made, but not filmed?

Thanks,
Mike
mikedx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2006, 09:47 PM   #5
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Mike,

Imagination is the driver here. With this project, the group is postulating, by way of the stories, a potential timeline for a second season.

In the case of the fan-based stories located in the Library, it's customary to have a thread containing the actual story and to have an accompanying thread for discussion and feedback regarding the story.

Being that the actual "written-but-never-filmed" second-season stories were of a somewhat "official" stature, they would make a good topic for "The Last Battlestar.....Galactica" forum.

Interested?

BST

Sleep now
They are calling

Old January 21st, 2006, 10:00 PM   #6
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

As a matter of fact Mike, story #3 in this particular project, which will be available in the Library soon, is an adaptation of the unfilmed script "Two For Twilly." It's also possible we might do another one further down the line (though having access to the actual script, as I did with Twilly, was the key to my being able to do it).
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Old January 22nd, 2006, 07:41 AM   #7
mikedx
Warriordx

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
BattlestarGalacticaAutographs.com

Ahhh. I understand. I figured these unfilmed scripts would be good reference material to bounce some ideas off of.

I'm very interested in reading these stories!

Mike
mikedx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2006, 08:33 AM   #8
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedx
Ahhh. I understand. I figured these unfilmed scripts would be good reference material to bounce some ideas off of.

I'm very interested in reading these stories!

Mike

Just to clarify, when I asked about being interested, I was referring to compiling the unfilmed scripts into threads.

Is that something that you might want to 'run with' ?

BST

Sleep now
They are calling

Old January 23rd, 2006, 06:12 AM   #9
zankoku
Shuttle Pilot

Before I found Fleets, I scoured the web for BSG stories and found the Virtual Season before. I enjoyed all of them. May go back and reread them.

To all of the writers.

Jim

www.geocities.com/zankoku1946
zankoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2006, 04:30 PM   #10
Tabitha
Bad Email Address

Could there be room for my Legacies story? Its grown a bit since I last posted here, and its started to take on a life of its own...

tabbi
Tabitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2006, 04:33 PM   #11
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by zankoku
Before I found Fleets, I scoured the web for BSG stories and found the Virtual Season before. I enjoyed all of them. May go back and reread them.

To all of the writers.

Jim

Thanks Jim! to you as well.

Old July 27th, 2008, 08:32 AM   #12
Athene
Galactica's Princess

Default Re: The Colonial Library welcomes the Virtual Second Season Project

I've written a TOS BSG story myself and am very interested in writing one for the second season project too.
I've also read the second season unfilmed scripts.
I'd love to contribute.

Battlestar Earth admin
Galactica's Princess admin
Battlestar Galactica Club Board Theme/Avatar Keeper
Athene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2008, 11:51 PM   #13
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Hi Athene! We're a lot further along in the whole VS project than what's been posted here and in fact are now on Season 3 as it were, so just in case you don't have the site bookmarked for all of our stories here they are.

http://www.galacticafanfic.com/stories/season3.html

Old July 31st, 2008, 12:07 AM   #14
Senmut
Strike Leader

What's it about? Plot line?
----------------------------
"You know the night before was a tough one when even the sound of the fizz hurts your head." -Mike Hammer.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2008, 10:49 AM   #15
Athene
Galactica's Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Paddon View Post
Hi Athene! We're a lot further along in the whole VS project than what's been posted here and in fact are now on Season 3 as it were, so just in case you don't have the site bookmarked for all of our stories here they are.

http://www.galacticafanfic.com/stories/season3.html
Thanks! for the information.

I've got the site bookmarked.

Battlestar Earth admin
Old August 4th, 2008, 10:50 AM   #16
Athene
Galactica's Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senmut View Post
What's it about? Plot line?
I'd check the links that Eric Paddon posted. I think that should fill you in on what's being going on in the story lines.

Battlestar Earth admin
Old May 27th, 2021, 08:16 PM   #17
Senmut
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabitha View Post
Could there be room for my Legacies story? Its grown a bit since I last posted here, and its started to take on a life of its own...

tabbi
Tell us more about your "Legacy" stories, if you will.
----------------------------
"You know the night before was a tough one when even the sound of the fizz hurts your head." -Mike Hammer.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote