ONLY please.

Old February 3rd, 2006, 06:30 PM   #1
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Exclamation Please Read: TNS Discussion

Folks,

Recently and perhaps very innocently, several discussion topics have been posted regarding the "new" Battlestar Galactica show (TNS). Unfortunately, those topics had to be shut down. The reason for that was NOT to be mean-spirited but, to reinforce our stated desire that there will be NO discussion of TNS on this forum. Period.

No discussion about the show, the episodes, the characters, the author and producers, the ratings, in short nothing. The ONLY exception will be discussions regarding Artwork that may include the CGI production of TNS ships and that exception is made only because of the nature of Colonial Fleets' birth, as a sub-forum of the 3DGladiators artist website.

Otherwise, the primary focus of Colonial Fleets will be with regards to the ORIGINAL Battlestar Galactica series, created by Glen A. Larson. Our focus will be to facilitate any type of effort which will bring about a return to the storyline which endeared itself to so many of us, so many years ago. Of course, the areas such as, other sci-fi shows, miscellaneous entertainment, Galactica Cafe, etc, will remain intact.

All that we ask is that our wishes, as indicated in the following thread:

The Time has Come , be respected and that the Moderators not be placed in the unenviable position of having to curtail a conversation which violated those expressed wishes.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation,

BST

You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2006, 12:32 AM   #2
Ferox
Shuttle Pilot

Dumb question perhaps, but what does TNS mean, or better what show are we not allowed to talk about? The reimagined one?
“With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably. The first time any man’s freedom is trodden on, we are all damaged.” Judge Eron Sati, ST TNG ‘The Drumhead’
Ferox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2006, 02:46 AM   #3
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox
Dumb question perhaps, but what does TNS mean, or better what show are we not allowed to talk about? The reimagined one?

That's not a dumb question, Ferox.
Considering that you joined us just a few months ago, you might not be completely familiar with all of the acronyms.

"TNS" is an abbreviation for "the new show", i.e., the re-imagined Galactica show.

BST
Sleep now
They are calling

Old February 8th, 2006, 07:45 AM   #4
JLHurley
Warrior

I very much support this decision and have found this site to be a much more "pleasurable experience" with little to no mention of this other TV series that shall go nameless.

Colonial Fleets is and should remain a refuge for fans of the original BG and the only way that can happen (at least at this time) is if the "other version" is avoided like the plague (heh heh); there are plenty of other sites where you can knock heads with BG's "non-fans" if that's what you're into.
Old February 8th, 2006, 09:32 AM   #5
Belloby
Bad Email Address

Yaaaahooooo! Glad to hear it.
Belloby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2006, 06:21 PM   #6
mikedx
Warriordx

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
BattlestarGalacticaAutographs.com

Quote:
there are plenty of other sites where you can knock heads with BG's "non-fans" if that's what you're into.
Is there an implication that if you are a fan of the new series, you are a "non-fan" of the original?

I was all for and agreed with the decision to make this a TOS only site. The friction was tearing it apart.

But respect for either series works both ways.

Despite what many think, being a fan isn't a either/or choice.

Peace,
Mike

p.s. BST, I think this thread was fine the way it was when it was closed.
mikedx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2006, 07:09 PM   #7
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedx
Is there an implication that if you are a fan of the new series, you are a "non-fan" of the original?

I was all for and agreed with the decision to make this a TOS only site. The friction was tearing it apart.

Peace,
Mike

Mike,

I never closed it. I was interested in the comments that might ensue.

You're right, though, about the 'respect', although I don't think the remark is meant to cause anyone personal pain. Think of it as something that might be said in the privacy of one's house but, someone forgot to close the window and the neighbor heard the remark.

For everyone:

Just to clarify - although Fleets has shutdown the TNS forum and curtailed conversation about the new show, it absolutely has nothing to do with those folks who happen to enjoy watching the new show. We simply do not want to have anything to do with the show and want to concentrate our efforts on TOS-related discussions, etc.

There are folks who like both shows and those folks should be accorded the same respect as those who only prefer TOS.

BST
Sleep now
They are calling

Old February 8th, 2006, 07:35 PM   #8
mikedx
Warriordx

BattlestarGalacticaAutographs.com

BST,

I could have sworn this thread was originally closed. But I'm sure you know best.

Well, following that analogy, maybe I'm the nosy neighbor that can't keep quiet.

Speaking of respect, I have nothing but the upmost respect for you going back a long time ago in trying to keep the peace, juggling heated emotions, and the thankless job you do.

And yet I have no idea what you look like, where you live, or even your name.

The internet is a wonderous place.

Mike
mikedx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2006, 07:43 PM   #9
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
BST,

I could have sworn this thread was originally closed. But I'm sure you know best.

Well, following that analogy, maybe I'm the nosy neighbor that can't keep quiet.

Speaking of respect, I have nothing but the upmost respect for you going back a long time ago in trying to keep the peace, juggling heated emotions, and the thankless job you do.

And yet I have no idea what you look like, where you live, or even your name.

The internet is a wonderous place.

Mike

Yes it is, sir, and the respect does go both ways.

It's funny but, seeing your "location" makes me smile. I graduated from WVU in 1982 and it was in that "Wild, Wonderful" place that I first watched Saga, on 'September 17, 1978'.

Pete
Sleep now
They are calling

Old February 8th, 2006, 08:06 PM   #10
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly Warrior
The Lone Wolf

Colonial Fleets
3D Gladiators
Former Webmaster:
BattlestarGalactica.com
RichardHatch.com
GreatWarofMagellan.com
Web Tech:
LauretteSpang.com
DirkBenedictCentral.com
TombsofKobol.com

BST's real name is Battle Star Trekker. As to what he looks like... well... some things are best left alone
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"Respect the past. It brought you the present."
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2006, 08:12 PM   #11
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior
BST's real name is Battle Star Trekker. As to what he looks like... well... some things are best left alone

Sleep now
They are calling

Old February 9th, 2006, 02:20 PM   #12
Kaith Rustaz
Bad Email Address

Heh. Y'all reminded me I got some old trek/bsg cross over fanfics archived on a cd somewhere I really should find and put online again.

As to the whole TNS thing, CF made a decision, and I support them 110%. Their board, their right to decide what is and isn't up for discussion. There are several other sites that welcome TNS out there, mine included. For TOS discussions, I haven't found deeper than CF, which is why as a fan of both I lurk here and make the odd 2 cubit comment. Giving the staff here grief won't help anything, it just adds to the alienation IMHO.
Kaith Rustaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2006, 03:29 PM   #13
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly Warrior
The Lone Wolf

Colonial Fleets
3D Gladiators
Former Webmaster:
BattlestarGalactica.com
RichardHatch.com
GreatWarofMagellan.com
Web Tech:
LauretteSpang.com
DirkBenedictCentral.com
TombsofKobol.com

Kaith fails to mention, of course, that the old CF TNS archives now reside at his site
Old February 10th, 2006, 02:23 PM   #14
JLHurley
Warrior

Quote:

Peace,
Mike

If I believed it was an either/or, I'd be a hell of a hypocrite because I watch the new series myself. It's just nice to have one BG site where I don't feel inundated with negatively re: the classic series.
Old February 10th, 2006, 02:51 PM   #15
ernie90125
Also Present

BattlestarFanFilms.com

I think, given time to see the results, and as a regular member, I would like to declare the non-TNS a success which I am very pleased happened. CF is a better and more peaceful place for it.
ernie90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2006, 10:45 PM   #16
WarMachine
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie90125
I think, given time to see the results, and as a regular member, I would like to declare the non-TNS a success which I am very pleased happened. CF is a better and more peaceful place for it.
Well, I wasn't here when the excision happened -- to be honest, hearing about "The Time Has Come" over at the old board at the BSG Tech Site is what brought me here.

And tonight, I sent off to a friend at a Traveller group to come on over here, as they are also a 'Lost Soul', looking for a CBSG home. The reason? Several "Black Squaddies" at that list waxing rhapsodic about "Cousin IT" and bashing CBSG; I only keep opening the posts to see if there are any other Fellow Travellers out there.....
Old March 25th, 2006, 02:59 PM   #17
Cylon Number 13
Renegade Humanocylon

I like both series'. However, I like TNS better, which to me would stand for The New Series, since TOS stands for The Original Series. Of course, if you guys don't like the new series, then I guess you wouldn't like someone like me, because, I think TNS ROCKS!!!! So, if you guys don't want to talk about TNS on this forum, does that mean you want me to quit this forum?

P.S. I joined this forum because I thought that it would be a forum where both series' could be discussed. I guess not.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, what's the charge this time? - Lee Adama

Striking a superior @$$hole. - Kara Thrace

Ah. I bet you've been waiting all day to say that one. - Lee Adama

Most of the afternoon, yeah. - Kara Thrace

Right. - Lee Adama

Cylon Number 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2006, 04:14 PM   #18
ernie90125
Also Present

BattlestarFanFilms.com

Cylon Number 13 - I'm just a regular member, not a Mod, Ower of Administrater. This forum used to be a site you could discuss both. But now we're TOS only. You like TOS and TNS, fair enough. Sorry you can't discuss TNS here, but there are many other places you can. But I hope you stick around to talk about TOS ! You're very welcome to !
ernie90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2006, 04:26 PM   #19
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylon Number 13
P.S. I joined this forum because I thought that it would be a forum where both series' could be discussed. I guess not.
Cylon #13 -

You're quite welcome to stick around if you want to talk about TOS, we haven't hosted TNS discussion for many months now. There are other TNS forums you can go to when you want to discuss TNS. Here are a couple:

Ship of Lights

Ragnar Anchorage

Enjoy and welcome to Colonial Fleets!

Regards,

Gemini1999
Colonial Fleets Moderator

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2006, 07:07 PM   #20
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly Warrior
The Lone Wolf

Colonial Fleets
3D Gladiators
Former Webmaster:
BattlestarGalactica.com
RichardHatch.com
GreatWarofMagellan.com
Web Tech:
LauretteSpang.com
DirkBenedictCentral.com
TombsofKobol.com

Important- READ!!!

http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums...ad.php?t=12809

Old July 6th, 2006, 07:36 PM   #21
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

I'm re-posting the very first post in this thread for the benefit of some of our newer members who may not be fully aware of past events:

Quote:
Folks,

Recently and perhaps very innocently, several discussion topics have been posted regarding the "new" Battlestar Galactica show (TNS). Unfortunately, those topics had to be shut down. The reason for that was NOT to be mean-spirited but, to reinforce our stated desire that there will be NO discussion of TNS on this forum. Period.

No discussion about the show, the episodes, the characters, the author and producers, the ratings, in short nothing. The ONLY exception will be discussions regarding Artwork that may include the CGI production of TNS ships and that exception is made only because of the nature of Colonial Fleets' birth, as a sub-forum of the 3DGladiators artist website.

Otherwise, the primary focus of Colonial Fleets will be with regards to the ORIGINAL Battlestar Galactica series, created by Glen A. Larson. Our focus will be to facilitate any type of effort which will bring about a return to the storyline which endeared itself to so many of us, so many years ago. Of course, the areas such as, other sci-fi shows, miscellaneous entertainment, Galactica Cafe, etc, will remain intact.

All that we ask is that our wishes, as indicated in the following thread:

The Time has Come , be respected and that the Moderators not be placed in the unenviable position of having to curtail a conversation which violated those expressed wishes.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation,

BST
Sleep now
They are calling

Old July 8th, 2006, 07:24 PM   #22
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylon Number 13
I like both series'. However, I like TNS better, which to me would stand for The New Series, since TOS stands for The Original Series. Of course, if you guys don't like the new series, then I guess you wouldn't like someone like me, because, I think TNS ROCKS!!!! So, if you guys don't want to talk about TNS on this forum, does that mean you want me to quit this forum?

Cylon Number 13...believe me, there is no cause to feel dejected as a member. I too am a fan of the new series, and I am a moderator here. I simply respect the wishes of my fellow mods, and do not discuss the new show here. If I wish to discuss it, I go to Ship of Lights.

TO any and all of our members here that may either like the new show, or both shows, the mandate to halt TNS discussion here is solely directed at that....discussion of TNS. It is of no ill bearing toward the fans of that show....and as I said, I am a fan.

All we ask is that you do not discuss the new show here.

The only exception is a discussion of the art that may be based on TNS Battlestar Galactica....the discussion pertaining only to the art, and the talents of the artist(s) in question. Discussion will not lend itself toward the actual show, its merits/flaws/storylines/characters/what not.

There is no animosity toward TNS fans here. If I felt there was, I would've left a long time ago...but since I am a fan of both shows, and know I can discuss the new Galactica elsewhere, I stick around. Besides, I've too many friends here to abandon them over a show.

Respectfully,
Martok2112
Old July 8th, 2006, 07:53 PM   #23
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Good words, Martok.

Folks,

What he said is true -- we have no ill will toward the folks who enjoy TNS. Our only issue is with the show, itself.
Sleep now
They are calling

Old October 25th, 2006, 06:31 AM   #24
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Battlestar Galactica 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior
Kaith fails to mention, of course, that the old CF TNS archives now reside at his site
So? Put them up HERE!
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2006, 02:17 PM   #25
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Silly girl! Hey how are you these days?

Jewels

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2006, 02:24 PM   #26
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

My kids have been trying my patience.

They have decided they don't have to behave, and do what they have to do
to better theirselves; so I'm on them like a tick on a hot and fat dog on a summer
day.

Therefore, my time is not my own.

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh,

It's been hectic

But I have lost 53lbs total

It's good to be able to post again, even if it is now only a little bit as compared
to before .

debra

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewels
Silly girl! Hey how are you these days?

Jewels
Old October 25th, 2006, 04:53 PM   #27
jewels

Colonial Fleets

Mine are keeping me busy too.

And my eldest has trouble sitting still in school and listening to oral directions. But she's reading at least a grade above her actual grade in school.

My youngest is teething. Clinging. Teething. Clinging, clinging. Did I mention teething? He's the sweetest little guy when he isn't finding sources of yucky water to splash in.

Congrats on the weight loss! Besides chasing kids, what are you doing to help yourself lose weight?

Jewels

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

Old October 26th, 2006, 06:01 PM   #28
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

(((JEWELS))) My prayers are with you on your kids, as I hope yours are with mine

I'm following the food mover, and exercising my a$$etts off
Old October 29th, 2006, 12:03 PM   #29
jewels

Colonial Fleets

Prayers back at you!

I need to get my Pilates tapes out and figure out what I can do without standing much (still having sprain problems with the ankle in the foot I broke.

Julie