Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Other Science Fiction Shows
Notices
Other Science Fiction Shows A place to discuss all of the other Sci-Fi shows
which may tickle your fancy!

Old August 28th, 2006, 06:39 AM   #1
Unimatrix
Bad Email Address

Default SG-1 Cancelled

This will be SG-1's last season. Not too surprising since ratings have been down and the storylines have been going down hill since season 7. Still 10 years is a heck of a run in TV, especially for a Sci-fi program. I found it to be entertaining still, but now that I'm in Law School and my apartment complex doesn't carry Sci-fi... (I know, the Gates are now on iTunes.)
Unimatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2006, 03:38 PM   #2
KJ
Strike Leader

Although i prefered the film rather than the series, i did like Stargate SG1 cos it proofed to be another show that was heavily influenced somewhat by Eric Von Danekian and Zachariah Sichen theories on the egpytian mythology and construction of the ancient pyramids. The Stargate itself being an fictional offshoot of the whole mythology anyways!

Even though the series went in a totally different route from the film with its storyline arcs and all, it is still was quite watchable for its characters and expansion of what one movie layed out before hand. And for the franchise to spawn a series, one animeted series and a spin off show thats into its 3 or 4 season, is quite a legacy indeed. Like Farscape Stargate is known to have huge "motherload" of fans who kept supporting it as it when on throughout the years. You've gotta admire that kind of devotion for Stargate to get to around 10 years and 200 plus episodes. They did alot to keep it going, but yeah kinda like the X-Files series, by the time the show needs to stop you realise its lost its edge and the stories just aren't there anymore.

With news on the horizon of Dean Devlin still trying to do his original back-to-back sequels of the first Stargate movie. Stargate as a franchise certainly had proven to be a lasting property which offered up all new way of telling sci-fi tales through all kinds of avenues inwhich to have unique science fiction stories for a decade. Like it or not 10 years and 10 seasons is quite a landmark for any series these days from any genre of entertainment.

KJ
Old September 2nd, 2006, 11:17 AM   #3
Bijou88

I read in TV guide that the Sci fi channel might finance occasional TV movies of the series. While I really love this show, ten years of episodes is a lot to absorb. Star Gate will live on with Atlantis and any other spin off they might want to imagine.
Old September 2nd, 2006, 01:48 PM   #4
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Stargate isn't finished by a long shot. According TV Guide the show will continue for another 11 episodes in January. There are also plans for a new spin-off series and some TV movies of SG-1.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2006, 01:07 AM   #5
Galactifan
Warrior

Well, this totally SUCKS!!! Stargate: SG-1 is the best new Sci-Fi show on tv. Stargate: Atlantis is o.k., but Stargate: SG-1 is better. Well, I guess I can plan to go out on Friday nights now.
Galactifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2006, 07:51 PM   #6
prbender6
Bad Email Address

Might be talking about the Game still waiting here for it
prbender6 is offline   Reply With Quote