Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old May 14th, 2013, 08:09 PM   #31
PaulGTweed
Warrior
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Telford Tennessee USA
Posts: 128

Default Re: New BG Classic ongoing comic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher454 View Post
Cover #3, really tasteless. I'd expect something like that from MAD magazine.
Cover #3 was inspired by Star Wars poster.
PaulGTweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2013, 08:16 PM   #32
PaulGTweed
Warrior
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Telford Tennessee USA
Posts: 128

Default Re: New BG Classic ongoing comic

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter noble View Post
The first issue is next month.
May 15 according to Dynamite.
PaulGTweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2013, 08:31 PM   #33
Jubal
Warrior
 
Jubal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 203

Default Re: New BG Classic ongoing comic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senmut View Post
How would YOU do it, now?
Glad you asked Senmut.

When I told my wife about the fleet how they had ships that had certain races, wealthy, poor, recreation, utility she said "Oh kinda like Babylon 5, just scattered among a bunch of ships."

I thought that was a great analogy. For a while after "Hand of God" I think they would have travelled a bit without planets, so more stories among the fleet

Characters growing in logical directions. Many characters. Maybe a few new characters. Boxey slightly older, Muffit a bit more developed. How could Muffit develop? Not sure, Boxey has been tasked to train Muffit, has been a while.

The Pilot banter. Apollo and Starbuck are a good duo, but what happens as Apollo and Sheba spend more time together. How much longer can Starbuck ignore how he and Cassiopia are progressing?

Pegasus pilots had to join the ranks of the Galactica. Would some of them scan the airwaves looking for their beloved commander Cain? What happens when they find Pegasus?

Do we deal with the aftershock of the holocast? Some people shutting down in the after math as people come to terms with what was lost?

An inventory of resources throughout the story. At times they trade for resources, and sometimes they have to look among the fleet for items of interest to the races they encounter. Sometimes there is no one to trade with, and they have to work with what is left. At times they have to come to a stand still till scouts find the next source of trade. All and all not bad. Cylons and those persuing are for the most part way behind, though new menaces are still around.

Would other Battlestars and sub battlestars be found?

Would alien ships join their fleet?

Look more into the religion that Adama and all follows.

More culture, terminology, more exploring into the brother's of man concept. More human colonies found, alien races. Progress towards Earth, and setbacks. As more human colonies are found, some pretty advanced, the question comes up more and more "Why the hurry to Earth? Is there an Earth?"

Cylons? I would actually like to see that threat minimized. Show up from time to time, learn more about them as a culture. They are machines though, the ghosts of a civilization long gone. What would a race without a soul, just an echo of the living be like?

Those are some I would touch on. I liked the banter, characters, and development of all the above.
Jubal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2013, 10:21 PM   #34
Senmut
Strike Leader
 
Senmut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Wenatchee, Soviet of WA., Ex U.S.A.
Posts: 4,332

Default Re: New BG Classic ongoing comic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
Glad you asked Senmut.

When I told my wife about the fleet how they had ships that had certain races, wealthy, poor, recreation, utility she said "Oh kinda like Babylon 5, just scattered among a bunch of ships."

I thought that was a great analogy. For a while after "Hand of God" I think they would have travelled a bit without planets, so more stories among the fleet

Characters growing in logical directions. Many characters. Maybe a few new characters. Boxey slightly older, Muffit a bit more developed. How could Muffit develop? Not sure, Boxey has been tasked to train Muffit, has been a while.

The Pilot banter. Apollo and Starbuck are a good duo, but what happens as Apollo and Sheba spend more time together. How much longer can Starbuck ignore how he and Cassiopia are progressing?

Pegasus pilots had to join the ranks of the Galactica. Would some of them scan the airwaves looking for their beloved commander Cain? What happens when they find Pegasus?

Do we deal with the aftershock of the holocast? Some people shutting down in the after math as people come to terms with what was lost?

An inventory of resources throughout the story. At times they trade for resources, and sometimes they have to look among the fleet for items of interest to the races they encounter. Sometimes there is no one to trade with, and they have to work with what is left. At times they have to come to a stand still till scouts find the next source of trade. All and all not bad. Cylons and those persuing are for the most part way behind, though new menaces are still around.

Would other Battlestars and sub battlestars be found?

Would alien ships join their fleet?

Look more into the religion that Adama and all follows.

More culture, terminology, more exploring into the brother's of man concept. More human colonies found, alien races. Progress towards Earth, and setbacks. As more human colonies are found, some pretty advanced, the question comes up more and more "Why the hurry to Earth? Is there an Earth?"

Cylons? I would actually like to see that threat minimized. Show up from time to time, learn more about them as a culture. They are machines though, the ghosts of a civilization long gone. What would a race without a soul, just an echo of the living be like?

Those are some I would touch on. I liked the banter, characters, and development of all the above.


Ever check out the VS?
__________________
Populos stultus viris indignas honores saepe dat. -Horace
----------------------------
Fortuna est caeca. -Cicero
----------------------------
"You know the night before was a tough one when even the sound of the fizz hurts your head." -Mike Hammer.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2013, 05:28 PM   #35
Jubal
Warrior
 
Jubal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 203

Default Re: New BG Classic ongoing comic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senmut View Post
Ever check out the VS?
What is VS?
Jubal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2013, 07:20 PM   #36
PaulGTweed
Warrior
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Telford Tennessee USA
Posts: 128

Default Re: New BG Classic ongoing comic

Has anyone bought it today? Is anyone willing to admit they have bought it todat?
PaulGTweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2013, 09:56 PM   #37
Lara
Bad Email Address
 
Lara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Posts: 1,081

Default Re: New BG Classic ongoing comic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
What is VS?
The Virtual Season Project, in the Fleets Forums, colonial library: use the jump forum pull down on the bottom of this page

The idea was to keep writing new seasons..

cheers
Lara
Lara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2013, 04:11 AM   #38
peter noble
Strike Leader
 
peter noble's Avatar
 
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Derby, England
Posts: 2,559

Default Re: New BG Classic ongoing comic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulGTweed View Post
Has anyone bought it today? Is anyone willing to admit they have bought it today?
Got mine this morning. Enjoyable read with a few niggles but 4/5 overall.
__________________
"Battlestar Galactica will never happen again the way that it was." – Laurette Spang
peter noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2013, 06:16 PM   #39
Jubal
Warrior
 
Jubal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 203

Default Re: New BG Classic ongoing comic

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter noble View Post
Got mine this morning. Enjoyable read with a few niggles but 4/5 overall.
I could agree with that.

A couple of shout outs:

1) Loved the meeting hall pic where the dialog starts "In the Seventh Millennium..."

2) Loved Apollo's comment with Dr. Zee Starting with "I know you think highly of Zee, Doctor...." Always wondered what they would have thought of him.

What happens towards the end of the comic is typical for a Galactica episode when you think about it.
Jubal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 11:01 PM   #40
JLHurley
Warrior
 
JLHurley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 322

Default Re: New BG Classic ongoing comic

The issue definitely didn't thrill me but it was better than what we've seen in previous Dynamite series. I'd only give it a 2/5, though... There's so much potential but the writers just couldn't seem to tap into it, IMO.
__________________
JLHurley
JLHurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 09:56 AM   #41
peter noble
Strike Leader
 
peter noble's Avatar
 
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Derby, England
Posts: 2,559

Default Re: New BG Classic ongoing comic

Cover to Dynamite's BG #4 by Alex Ross.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg battlestar4a.jpg (381.2 KB, 21 views)
__________________
"Battlestar Galactica will never happen again the way that it was." – Laurette Spang
peter noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 10:20 AM   #42
gmd3d
Major
 
gmd3d's Avatar
 


Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 5,082

Default Re: New BG Classic ongoing comic

all ways liked Ross΄s work...... this is cool
__________________
Formally Taranis
My Blog

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 07:52 PM   #43
Apolloisall
Warrior Ace
 
Apolloisall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 723

Default Re: New BG Classic ongoing comic

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter noble View Post
Cover to Dynamite's BG #4 by Alex Ross.
Oh, that's just awesome!!! Thanks for posting that!
__________________
Avatar by Ric G. D. Baker, graphic artist, Viper model by ME
Apolloisall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 08:41 PM   #44
PaulGTweed
Warrior
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Telford Tennessee USA
Posts: 128

Default Re: New BG Classic ongoing comic

Alex Ross or the artists that did Space:1999 Shock and Awe should be doing the interior artwork.
PaulGTweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 08:53 PM   #45
Jubal
Warrior
 
Jubal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 203

Default Re: New BG Classic ongoing comic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulGTweed View Post
Alex Ross or the artists that did Space:1999 Shock and Awe should be doing the interior artwork.
So for $3.99 you get a great piece of Alex Ross art... and a story line throw in.
Jubal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 10:06 PM   #46
Punisher454
Warrior Ace
 
Punisher454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Salem Oregon
Posts: 523

Default Re: New BG Classic ongoing comic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulGTweed View Post
Cover #3 was inspired by Star Wars poster.
Ya, I get that, and thats what so lame about it. . As a star wars poster it was cool, but as a galactica cover, it isnt.
__________________
"Friend? Oviners have no friends!"
Punisher454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 08:02 AM   #47
PaulGTweed
Warrior
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Telford Tennessee USA
Posts: 128

Default Re: New BG Classic ongoing comic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
So for $3.99 you get a great piece of Alex Ross art... and a story line throw in.
Judging by Dynamite's handling of the Classic Battlestar Galactica franchise. The Cover art is all we're paying for. The story line, not so much. This one is not starting out good. Doctor Zee is closer to Boxey's age. In Galactica:1980 Zee is 14 years old. Boxey is close to 25-30.
PaulGTweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 01:35 PM   #48
Punisher454
Warrior Ace
 
Punisher454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Salem Oregon
Posts: 523

Default Re: New BG Classic ongoing comic

#4 cover looks very good.
I agree about the 4 dollar art piece, the few dynamite comics I do own dont have such great content.
__________________
"Friend? Oviners have no friends!"
Punisher454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 02:09 PM   #49
Apolloisall
Warrior Ace
 
Apolloisall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 723

Default Re: New BG Classic ongoing comic

I have Cylon Apocalypse, that wasn't too bad.
__________________
Avatar by Ric G. D. Baker, graphic artist, Viper model by ME
Apolloisall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 06:59 PM   #50
PaulGTweed
Warrior
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Telford Tennessee USA
Posts: 128

Default Re: New BG Classic ongoing comic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
I could agree with that.

A couple of shout outs:

1) Loved the meeting hall pic where the dialog starts "In the Seventh Millennium..."

2) Loved Apollo's comment with Dr. Zee Starting with "I know you think highly of Zee, Doctor...." Always wondered what they would have thought of him.

What happens towards the end of the comic is typical for a Galactica episode when you think about it.
Where is the Galactica's meeting hall located?
PaulGTweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 07:00 PM   #51
PaulGTweed
Warrior
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Telford Tennessee USA
Posts: 128

Default Re: New BG Classic ongoing comic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apolloisall View Post
I have Cylon Apocalypse, that wasn't too bad.
Cylon Apocalypse is only story arc classic BSG series fans liked.
PaulGTweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 08:51 PM   #52
Reaper
Warrior ACE!
 
Reaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North NJ
Posts: 520

Default Re: New BG Classic ongoing comic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulGTweed View Post
Cylon Apocalypse is only story arc classic BSG series fans liked.
I actually didn't like Cylon Apocalypse very much and preferred the First storyline more. it was not a GREAT one, and had holes the size of Cimtar it the story, but I liked it better then CA.
__________________
Strike Captain Edan
Blackstar Squadron
http://blackstarsquad.proboards.com/index.cgi



Classic fan, and die hard!
Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2013, 12:28 AM   #53
Punisher454
Warrior Ace
 
Punisher454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Salem Oregon
Posts: 523

Default Re: New BG Classic ongoing comic

Quote:
Where is the Galactica's meeting hall located?
In the show the camera always zooms to one of the large dome shapes near the middle of the ship. I think it is implied that it may be in that area.
__________________
"Friend? Oviners have no friends!"
Punisher454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2013, 09:40 AM   #54
137th Gebirg
Bad Email Address
 
137th Gebirg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 333

Default Re: New BG Classic ongoing comic

Hmm...I always got the impression those were the power-producing "energizers" of the ship. Either that or Tylium/Soleum storage.
137th Gebirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2013, 09:50 AM   #55
gmd3d
Major
 
gmd3d's Avatar
 


Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 5,082

Default Re: New BG Classic ongoing comic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 137th Gebirg View Post
Hmm...I always got the impression those were the power-producing "energizers" of the ship. Either that or Tylium/Soleum storage.
I got the same impression..... for my next impression .... antimatter.....
__________________
Formally Taranis
My Blog

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2013, 03:24 PM   #56
Apolloisall
Warrior Ace
 
Apolloisall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 723

Default Re: New BG Classic ongoing comic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranis View Post
I got the same impression..... for my next impression .... antimatter.....
You're incouragable!
__________________
Avatar by Ric G. D. Baker, graphic artist, Viper model by ME
Apolloisall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2013, 11:41 PM   #57
Punisher454
Warrior Ace
 
Punisher454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Salem Oregon
Posts: 523

Default Re: New BG Classic ongoing comic

I agree the domes are probably related to the energizers, but the camera move implies that it in that area.
If I were going to choose a location for it based on the surface features of the galactica I'd put it a little aft of the bridge.
__________________
"Friend? Oviners have no friends!"
Punisher454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 02:26 AM   #58
gmd3d
Major
 
gmd3d's Avatar
 


Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 5,082

Default Re: New BG Classic ongoing comic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher454 View Post
I agree the domes are probably related to the energizers, but the camera move implies that it in that area.
If I were going to choose a location for it based on the surface features of the galactica I'd put it a little aft of the bridge.
that is what I always believed, somewhere aft of the Bridge.

these would the the things I would address in any visual update of BSG...
__________________
Formally Taranis
My Blog

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 02:29 AM   #59
gmd3d
Major
 
gmd3d's Avatar
 


Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 5,082

Default Re: New BG Classic ongoing comic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apolloisall View Post
You're incouragable!
I have been known for my incorrigibilis....


__________________
Formally Taranis
My Blog

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 08:26 AM   #60
PaulGTweed
Warrior
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Telford Tennessee USA
Posts: 128

Default Re: New BG Classic ongoing comic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher454 View Post
In the show the camera always zooms to one of the large dome shapes near the middle of the ship. I think it is implied that it may be in that area.
I meant in this issue. The glass above and behind Adama looks suspiciously like the gift shop area on the re-imagined BSG landing bay during the viper flyby.
PaulGTweed is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Classic Battlestar Comic: Baltar One-Shot peter noble The Last Battlestar......Galactica! 4 April 2nd, 2008 05:00 AM
More on the upcoming classic BG comic JLHurley The Last Battlestar......Galactica! 4 June 29th, 2006 02:23 PM
Writer for classic BG comic ongoing named! JLHurley The Last Battlestar......Galactica! 12 April 4th, 2006 08:14 PM
Newsbreak: NEW comic based on CLASSIC BG! JLHurley The Last Battlestar......Galactica! 15 February 2nd, 2006 10:44 AM
Battlestar Galactica comic book copyrights, who has them? KJ The Last Battlestar......Galactica! 8 October 31st, 2004 06:42 PM




So sez our Muffit!!!

For fans of the Classic Battlestar Galactica series



COPYRIGHT
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:09 AM. Contact the Fleet - Colonial Fleets - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.11, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content and Graphics ©2000-Present Colonial Fleets
The Colonial Fleets Forums are run by Battlestar Galactica fans, paid for by Battlestar Galactica fans, for the enjoyment of fellow Battlestar Galactica fans.



©2000-2008 Colonial Fleets