Go Back   Colonial Fleets > FAN CREATIVITY > ART Work - In Progress
Notices

Old March 19th, 2006, 04:22 PM   #31
jjrakman

Huh, can't remember what the third pic was, maybe just another angle of one of the ships.
Old May 22nd, 2006, 02:03 AM   #32
Smallworld
Bad Email Address

I had these two toys when I was a kid. The toy shop got in one load before christmas and never got any more. The Vipers and Cylon raiders sold out fast and so I never had either. I wasn't too impressed with these at first, as they were not in the show. However, the swiss army nature of the Stellar probe really got to me and I fondly remember it as one of my favorite all time toys now.

I have have been figuring to do a 3D model of this using a standard Viper forward section. I was thinking it could be called an ASP, for Adaptable Stellar Probe, and it keeps the snake thing going. I had imagined that it would be a long range scout ship, not as fast or manouverable as a Viper but longer legged.

The large circular payload section could house fuel and sensors, or not be used at all for closer missions. Alternatly, it could maybe carry missiles or bombs for strike missions? Just thinking out loud...

I think I will definitely go ahead with this!

Cheers.
Smallworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2006, 07:11 PM   #33
jjrakman

Here's an idea for anyone wanting to redesign the Scarab. I always thought that a redesign could use some of the design elements from the G.I. Joe Slugger:

http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/84/slugger/

I like the bigger tires, and you could replace the cannon with the forward section of the viper. I kind of like how it's offset to the side. It would almost be more of a tank then.