Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old January 24th, 2003, 01:52 AM   #1
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Default OT: The Streets of San Francisco film!

By Rachel Blackburn, PA Features in Los Angeles
HOLLYWOOD COMES TO SAN FRANCISCO
Seventies television show The Streets of San Francisco is to return to the screen as a movie.
Paramount Pictures and producer JORDAN KERNER have teamed to develop a feature film based on the classic 1970s show, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The original series, which ran from 1972-77 on America’s ABC network, starred KARL MALDEN and MICHAEL DOUGLAS as plainclothes murder detectives Lieutenant Mike Stone and Inspector Steve Keller.
Stone was a street-smart 20-year veteran and Keller was a college-educated rookie.
When Douglas left the show in 1976, his character was replaced by a new inspector, Dan Robbins, played by RICHARD HATCH.
The film version is described as being a high-stakes international thriller and an investigative, character-driven tale.
It will team the Keller character with a younger partner as they tackle the contemporary problem of Russian organised crime in San Francisco.
peter noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2003, 03:04 AM   #2
michaelfaries
Great Honored Warrior (ret.)
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFather of BG websites
BattlestarGalactica.com(ret)
BattlestarPegasus.com(ret)

We'll have to wait and see if Richard is offered a cameo role. Thanks for sharing that, Peter!

Michael
:colwar:
michaelfaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2003, 12:57 PM   #3
KJ
Strike Leader

Wasn't Hatch's character killed off in the 90's TV reunion movie? Or was that Michael Douglas's character?

I hope REMAKE no imagination Hollywood doesn't redo "The Man from Uncle" for their sakes! Cos they want to remake every damn thing. Doesn't anyone care in those executive board rooms how they trash the memories of a classic show by making a cheezy pale, no class or character movie filled with emybros looking 20 year olds instead of actors with ability.

Let not forget TV to movie adaptation is, "Starsky and Hutch" are next? Ben Stiller as David Starsky my butt.

With maybe Chris Tucker or Rock as Huggie Bear!!! :o
KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2003, 06:57 PM   #4
michaelfaries
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Kingjason
Wasn't Hatch's character killed off in the 90's TV reunion movie? Or was that Michael Douglas's character?
I don't recall if Dan Robbins was killed off or mentioned as killed off in "Back to the Streets of San Francisco" (the 1992 television movie) but Richard wasn't involved.

Michael Douglas's character (Steve Keller) was killed in the 1970s series by... Susan Dey! (Season 5, episode 2.)

It sounds like this new film production isn't a continuation, but a remake since Keller is one of the lead characters. (There's that recurring theme again... lol) Mike Stone (Karl Malden's character) isn't mention in Peter's post above, so who knows? Maybe Keller actually survived. (g) Nah...

Karl Malden wasn't the nicest guy towards Richard in real life, btw.

Michael
Old January 24th, 2003, 07:01 PM   #5
michaelfaries
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

Lightbulb Btw...

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Kingjason
Let not forget TV to movie adaptation is, "Starsky and Hutch" are next? Ben Stiller as David Starsky my butt.
Unfortunately, Owen Wilson is involved, too. And David Soul has similiar issues, as Richard does, about not continuing the original series with the original characters.

Michael
Old January 24th, 2003, 10:09 PM   #6
KJ
Strike Leader

I've met David Soul at the same Convention i met Ray Park at, back in 1999. So yes know of his distaste of doing a remake without the old cast! Afew years back he did win that court case against a critic winning alot of ££££ cash so, life for him isn't too bad now.

How this S&H movie will go i don't know, but if the recent "I SPY" is anything to do with judging a TV movie remake. Expect more hollywood CRAP! in years to come.

KJ
Old January 25th, 2003, 01:50 PM   #7
BSG_Sci_FiPulse
Warrior

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner/Webmaster
SciFiPulse.net

Well if you were to give him a perm. Ben Stiller would certainly have a simular look to Dave Starsky, but am inclined to agree that he does not have the talent of Paul Michael Glaser was it that played him in the TV show.

I think one of my favorate episodes of Starsky and Hutch was the one where they were chasing down a Voodoo wich doctor. I think that was a two parter. So if you are an efficienado let me know if am right.

Yes I know it is a shameless plug but I am the one that has to live with it.
BSG_Sci_FiPulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2003, 09:09 PM   #8
KJ
Strike Leader

Nope i can't remember that one? But there was that spin off type episode with two Starsky and Hutch wannabes in one episode, even getting the lowdown on the street news from old huggie bear. Other than that it's been a while since i saw episodes but the nostalgia is still there for it.

But i do remember that episode where Starsky was shot in a club or cafe' late one night and Hutch had to hold on to the crime scene witnesses while finding out who shot him and help old Starsky hold on till daylight! (They were in a bad neighbourhood or down town, something like that and help wouldn't be there till dawn, and think the phones were out too? The old TV cop shows eh)

Thats all i remember

KJ