Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old October 13th, 2005, 05:32 AM   #31
Centurion Draco
Equal rights for Cylons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabitha
Why am I empty and fadeing...
I just typed out a long answer, then deleted it. Its a lot of personal stuff, and some stuff from another board. Lets just say, dont trust anyone, cus you never know who your friends are, and how fast someone can turn on you. And the sick part is, you dont even have to do anything wrong.
But thats my problem, and my personal life, and has nothing to do with BSG or this thread or anything of interest to anyone but myself, and the people who I thought were my friends.
I might be on a bit less from now on, maybe not on at all anymore, Im not sure. Some of the people involved also go to more than one board, and Im not sure that I want to deal with them again. Besides, its not like I really had anything of value to say here anyhow.

I hope that you all are able to do and become everything you desire, and all your dreams come true, what dreams may come...

God bless

tabbi
Hey Tabbi

Don't desert us
Look at your post count! For such a short time, it seems to me that you've got a lot to contribute, and thats certainly true of the posts that I've read.
I think a lot of people value your opinions and contribution to the cause!
Perhaps you could change your 'title' from 'Empty and Fading' to 'blossoming femme fatal'
Stick around Tabbi, this Centurian certainly appreciates your input.
Centurion Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2005, 07:01 AM   #32
zankoku
Shuttle Pilot

Tabbi, please don't leave. I am still waiting for more of your story and you have a pretty good head on your shoulders.

Anyone bugging you, well you have friends here.

And Don't let the Bast***s get you down.

Jim

www.geocities.com/zankoku1946
zankoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2005, 07:15 AM   #33
julix
Bad Email Address

I know we are straying off topic a bit............
Tabbi,
I had a situation happen to me on the net that was difficult and painful. It happens and especially to those of us that are very trusting. Luckily I have met a bunch of very nice folks whom I consider friends. hang in there...........I took it as learning an important lesson.
julix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2005, 08:48 AM   #34
Tabitha
Bad Email Address

Thanks for the support, and like I said, Im not sure what Im gonna do. Im just faced with an absured situation, it makes no sense what so ever, so I guess I just need time or something to figure out what to do

tabbi
Tabitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2005, 08:51 AM   #35
gmd3d
Major

If you want to PM some one for a chat can some time help ..... there are good people here who have gone through problem on the web before and would be glad to help..

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2005, 09:11 AM   #36
LadyImmortal
Bad Email Address

Tabbi, I learned a long time ago you gotta let the trolls go. Ignore 'em, they aren't worth the grief (and can be ignored). I reached the point awhile back where I just don't care if EVERYONE likes me. There are people who do and that's who I love talking with and being with. That's the important thing to remember.

So stick around and don't let the loser and posers wreck your world!
LadyImmortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2005, 09:29 AM   #37
julix
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Thanks for the support, and like I said, Im not sure what Im gonna do. Im just faced with an absured situation, it makes no sense what so ever, so I guess I just need time or something to figure out what to do

tabbi
It took me quite a while...........sometimes it is still hard for me...........hang in there, take the time.
julix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2005, 10:05 AM   #38
BRG
Warrior

Quote:

tabbi
Hi Tabitha.

All of us at the Fleets are here for you if you need us. I'm pretty sure most of us would gladly lend an ear if you want to talk about it. We have guys & girls of all ages here, so do't be afraid to PM us if you wish.

You have made a wonderful impact in you're short time at the Fleets, and I always enjoy reading your posts. And I was delighted when you joined the SoL.

I hope you work out your problems, and are able to remain a part of our community. You would certainly be missed.

Wishing you the best.
BRG
BRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2005, 10:44 AM   #39
BRG
Warrior

Question Starfighter Questions

Viper - TIE Fighter

In the argument about the skill of the pilot making the differance in the Viper v TIE question, do you not think the Viper is a much easier fighter to fly.

The Viper, like the X-Wing, has a canopy much like a modern jet fighter. It gives the pilot a good view in front, to either side, and a reasonable rear view. Also as the Viper & X-Wing have a built in life-support system, the pilot just wears a flight suit and helmet, so has plenty of freedom to move in the cockpit.

The TIE Fighter only has the forward window. So the pilot only has a view of what is directly infront of his ship. also as the TIE has no life-support system, the pilot has to wear a bulky spacesuit, with a fixed helmet and narrow visor.

I'm no pilot, but surely this must be a extreem handicap for the TIE in a dogfight.

Viper - Starfury

When you look at the Earth Alliance from Babylon 5, it appears that they are a few tech levels behind the human race on other sci-fi shows. Including the Colonial Fleet(BSG) Starfleet(ST) and the Rebel Alliance & Galactic Empire(SW).

In B5, the humans have not discovered artificial gravity, they use rotating hulls on larger ships, on smaller ships they strap the crew down. The Minbari & Centauri have artuficial gravity, so it does exsists in the B5 universe.
And FTL travel. It is mentioned in an episode that humans only discovered FTL travel after the Centauri sold them Jump Gate technoligy, and until the scientists & engineers could master the technoligy, they leased out time on Centauri gates.

While the Starfury looks like a match for the Viper, given that the Earth alliance look 50-100 years behind the Colonial Fleet in technoligy, it may be like compairing a WWII Spitfire to a modern F-16. Both brilliant fighters in they're own arena, but head-to-head, there is only one winner.

Just some of my thoughts. As I said before, I'm no pilot or military expert. So feel free to correct me if I'm barking up the wrong tree!
BRG
Old October 13th, 2005, 11:26 AM   #40
Tabitha
Bad Email Address

Ok, how can I leave my family here. Ive taken time to chill, thought it out and you know, after all the time I spent standing for what I felt was right, and backing CF in its decisions, for me to bail on them now, thats just silly. Let people say what they will about me, if I let them win then thats just saying the were right. If I stay and ignore them, then everyone will see them for what they are, trolls and trouble makers, and I will stay true to myself and my beliefs, which are just screwy enough to be interesting.

tabbi
Old October 13th, 2005, 11:30 AM   #41
Tabitha
Bad Email Address

Oh and sweety, the Starfury has that slick little roll over manouver while the Viper tends to fly like an airplane. I think thats likely to kick some Viper tail. Then again Ivonova in that Fury as well as the pilots of B5 were seasoned combat veterans of the Battle of The Line. Id say they have what it takes to win, not that I dont love my Apollo and Starbuck, but even Blue squadron had never been in a sustained battle like the pilots of B5. I admire that about the B5 series, they did show that the pilots there didnt give up, even when Earth was on her knees. They stuck to their guns, hmmm maybe theres a message here I need to reconsider. Yea, I think so hahahah...

tabbi
Old October 13th, 2005, 12:20 PM   #42
WarMachine
Warrior

BRG:

In "Viper vs TIE", the TIE is only at a disadvantage if the Viper gets behind them -- which isn't saying much, as that's true for most one-man, er...one-being, fighters. It really does come down to the pilot.

In "Viper vs Starfury", where the Starfury's weapons are weak in comparison to the Viper, and it isn't as fast in the straightaway, it has the ability - and its pilots use it a lot - to spin 180° on its axis and bring its full battery to bear in all quarters.....Something no other space fighter in sci-fi can do, IIRC. Also, in tight, the 'Fury's ability to snap-roll is unequalled.

Finally, artificial grav is not necessarily a good thing in a space fighter, as was demonstrated in "Lost Warrior"(I think), when Starbuck blacked out from the G-forces of a turn that only C.O.R.A. could execute. G-force is still a factor for Starfury pilots, but lack of gravity is actually to their advantage.

Tabbi: Gig 'em, Grrrl!!!!! : :
Old October 13th, 2005, 12:46 PM   #43
BRG
Warrior

Thumbs up

Thanks for the reply Tabbi & WarMachine.

The Starfury does seem to be one of the few starfighters to act like a space combat fighter. In Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, Buck Rogers, and even the new BSG, the starfighters act like normal jet fighters but with WWII style dogfights.

That is what is odd about compairing B5 to other sci-fi shows. While the Earth Alliance Omega Class desroyer would be easy meat for a Star Destroyer, Battlestar or Basestar(even Kirk's Enterprise would give it a kicking) the Starfury looks like it could take any starfighter those shows could throw at it.

One thing I've always found strange about the Starfury is that the Pilot appears to fly the thing standing up! That must be wierd for the pilot.
BRG
Old October 13th, 2005, 02:30 PM   #44
WarMachine
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRG
Thanks for the reply Tabbi & WarMachine.

That is what is odd about compairing B5 to other sci-fi shows. While the Earth Alliance Omega Class desroyer would be easy meat for a Star Destroyer, Battlestar or Basestar(even Kirk's Enterprise would give it a kicking) the Starfury looks like it could take any starfighter those shows could throw at it.

One thing I've always found strange about the Starfury is that the Pilot appears to fly the thing standing up! That must be wierd for the pilot.
BRG
Even out the weapons suite, and it would take most other sci-fi fighters easily; add Star Wars/Star Trek-style shields, and it will take any of them, hands down. There's a lot to be said for flying forward, while facing the enemy behind you

The standing up thing was changed about Season 3, IIRC, when they intro'd the newest Starfury's, following the EA attack on B5. Thinking about it, while it might have made things a little easier for pilot orientation, it may have caused some issues in space combat, as the seated position gives blood the chance to pool.

Blood pool = blackout I think they did it with the new models, as they are intended for atmospheric fighting, where the older Starfury's re not.
Old October 13th, 2005, 10:39 PM   #45
Damocles
Bad Email Address

The Last Person

Quote:
Why am I empty and fadeing...
I just typed out a long answer, then deleted it. Its a lot of personal stuff, and some stuff from another board. Lets just say, dont trust anyone, cus you never know who your friends are, and how fast someone can turn on you. And the sick part is, you dont even have to do anything wrong.
But thats my problem, and my personal life, and has nothing to do with BSG or this thread or anything of interest to anyone but myself, and the people who I thought were my friends.
I might be on a bit less from now on, maybe not on at all anymore, Im not sure. Some of the people involved also go to more than one board, and Im not sure that I want to deal with them again. Besides, its not like I really had anything of value to say here anyhow.

I hope that you all are able to do and become everything you desire, and all your dreams come true, what dreams may come...

God bless

tabbi
Tabbi

If you read this; pay attention, please?.
1. You are a person who is special to Colonioal Fleets. I support your decision to outlast the trolls
2. Treachery is as human as kindness. It comes with the animal that is within man.
3. The evil that is in man is 1%. That is something of an absolute measurement based on psychological profile polling and the prison population to be sure, but as Spock said; "Wanting is often not the same as having. It is illogical, none the less it is true." The good news is that man is 99% good.
4. You have the right to be who you are and nobody has the right to constrain you. NOBODY.
5. You have far more friends than you know.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

That said.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Which would win...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Ok, Galactica or Emperial Star Destroyer?
Viper or Tie Fighter?
Colonial Warrior or Mobile Infantry?
Cylon or Stormtrooper?
Basestar or Deathstar?
Starbuck or Luke?
Apollo or Han Solo?
Sheba or Lea?
Viper or Starfury?
Garibaldi or Boomer?
Athena or Carmen?

tabbi
I won't bore you with the physics. Nothing short of "The Culture" has a chance of meeting George Lucas' Galactic Empire headon on equal terms technologically in terms of mass and numbers based on screen evidence.

http://www.scifi.com/sfw/issue193/excess.html

The ISD can eat the "Alligator" for lunch in a gunfight.

The Viper is technologically superior to a TIE as to armament and maneuverability. The Tie seems to be comparable in delta vee. Both are inferior to a Fury in firepower. Screen evidence. Six Furies utterly destroyed a Centauri Vorchan-a ship that was fifty times the size of the Millenium Falcon which was able to swat four TIE fighters away as insignificant pests. TIE fighter gunfire did negligible damage to the Falcon as the fighters sought to harass. The Raider and the Viper both show the ability to damage severely armored gun emplacements on enemy capital ships. An Earth Alliance Starfury in strafing run after strafing run has shown it destroys-not damages, but destroys enemy hardpoints on Narn, Centauri, Streib, even Drakh and Third Space aliens' ships. The lowly Thunderbolt Starfury even splashed Vorlon fighters at Corianna Six. The aliens of B-5 weren't frightened of Human fire control systems and stardrives, but they were terrified of Human energy weapons power. To quote Ambassador Molari, "Nice Shark. Pretty Shark." The humans had sharp teeth!

So in this equation Fury>Viper>Raider>TIE.

Mobile Infantry(book version) will clean everybody's clocks. Next comes Colonial Warriors, then GROPOS, then the Cylon Centurions, with the poor stormtroopers bringing up the rear just in front of the movie MI. Palpatines' grunts have some of the sorriest land attack and air support technology I've ever seen on film for such a formidable space empire. Given that Lucas knows nothing about science or technology and that he has spoo for brains when it comes to depicting ground assaults of which his terror empire is truly capable; if the Imperial army lived up to the on screen capabilities of the Imperial navy then idiocies like walking tanks wouldn't be seen.

Still, given the feeble Imperial hand weapons and clumsy vehicles, the stormies do all right en masse. Anything below a battalion, though, and Cuba would beat those bozos mano a mano. Cylons would point at stormies and laugh.

Deathstar puts out 1*10^48joules per shot. That is what you need to blow up the Earth. Put into real terms that is the equivalent of throwing a 250 kilometer iron ball at earth at 97% c. That is the one datum point that puts the Galactic Empire into its own league. Nobody else on screen outside of LEXX comes close.

Starbuck or Luke?

Starbuck. It takes brains to be a Colonial Warrior. And it takes brains to defeat a Jedi. Luke has demonstrated on film that he isn't too bright. Give this one to Starbuck.

Apollo or Han Solo?
Apollo outdrew and outshot a Cylon. Might not seem like much, but as earlier noted- a Colonial blaster pierced Cylon armor while the damage done by Han's weapon shot took off the top of Greedo's body. The energy in the one case is about 10,000 joules. The energy in the other case is about equal to a shot gun blast or about 6000 joules. Apollo has a better fast draw and a better eye as seen on screen. Give this one to the Colonial.

Sheba or Leia? Sheba-no contest. Leia is a force sensitive-i.e. braindead. Sheba has brains, training, and brawn on the "princess".

Viper or Fury? Fury. Colonials are good, but Earth Alliance pilot training is better as is the fighter weaponry.(See above.)

Garibaldi or Boomer? Garibaldi trusts too much. I might give this one to Boomer, though Garibaldi is the better soldier.

Athena or Carmen? It depends. Athena is the better staff officer and hence is the smarter of the two. She also seems tougher in the rationale department. As long as it isn't a fight/fight but a comparison of ability? Athena.

Damocles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2005, 10:45 AM   #46
Tabitha
Bad Email Address

Ok, this has really been fun, lets see what else we can do...

Who would win...

Deep Space Nine or Babylon 5?
Jedi or PsyCorp? (B5)
Lexx or Deathstar?
Darth Vader or Adama (remember, Adama had telekinetic ability)
R2D2 or Muffit?
Aliens or Bugs? (From Starship Troopers movie)
Colonial Marines (Aliens) or Colonial Warriors?
Wookie or Borellian Nomen?
Firefly or Millinium Falcon?
Boxie or Annakin? (First movie)
Baltar or Palpadine?
Starfleet Security guys or Council of 12 security guys? (The blue suits)
Terminators or Aliens?
and finally...
RDM or Jarjar Binks?

tabbi
Old October 14th, 2005, 12:00 PM   #47
gmd3d
Major

Deep Space Nine or Babylon 5?..... (DS9 Over Babylon)
Jedi or PsyCorp? (B5) .... Jedi
Lexx or Deathstar? .... Don't know never seen Lexx
Darth Vader or Adama (remember, Adama had telekinetic ability) ....Darth Vader
R2D2 or Muffit? .... R2D2
Aliens or Bugs? (From Starship Troopers movie) ... bugs
Colonial Marines (Aliens) or Colonial Warriors? .... Colonials
Wookie or Borellian Nomen? no contest Wookies
Firefly or Millinium Falcon? don't know but I like the FALCON more
Boxie or Annakin? (First movie).... Boxey
Baltar or Palpadine?.....palps
Starfleet Security guys or Council of 12 security guys? (The blue suits) ...Star fleet
Terminators or Aliens? .... Terminator..
and finally...
RDM or Jarjar Binks? ......Jarjar binks

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2005, 12:23 PM   #48
WarMachine
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damocles
That said.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Which would win...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Viper is technologically superior to a TIE as to armament and maneuverability. The Tie seems to be comparable in delta vee. Both are inferior to a Fury in firepower. Screen evidence. Six Furies utterly destroyed a Centauri Vorchan-a ship that was fifty times the size of the Millenium Falcon which was able to swat four TIE fighters away as insignificant pests. TIE fighter gunfire did negligible damage to the Falcon as the fighters sought to harass. The Raider and the Viper both show the ability to damage severely armored gun emplacements on enemy capital ships. An Earth Alliance Starfury in strafing run after strafing run has shown it destroys-not damages, but destroys enemy hardpoints on Narn, Centauri, Streib, even Drakh and Third Space aliens' ships. The lowly Thunderbolt Starfury even splashed Vorlon fighters at Corianna Six. The aliens of B-5 weren't frightened of Human fire control systems and stardrives, but they were terrified of Human energy weapons power. To quote Ambassador Molari, "Nice Shark. Pretty Shark." The humans had sharp teeth!

So in this equation Fury>Viper>Raider>TIE.
Seeing as I only have B5 Season 1(on VHS ), I won't dispute your ref's, but it's important to remember that the TIEs weren't trying to destroy the Falcon in ANH, and in TESB, the pilots had other things to worry about in the asteroid belt.

Interesting point on the weapons, tho'.....The demonstrated difference between the Empire ship's firepower and the Republics would be an interesting comparison...

Quote:
Mobile Infantry(book version) will clean everybody's clocks. Next comes Colonial Warriors, then GROPOS, then the Cylon Centurions, with the poor stormtroopers bringing up the rear just in front of the movie MI. Palpatines' grunts have some of the sorriest land attack and air support technology I've ever seen on film for such a formidable space empire. Given that Lucas knows nothing about science or technology and that he has spoo for brains when it comes to depicting ground assaults of which his terror empire is truly capable; if the Imperial army lived up to the on screen capabilities of the Imperial navy then idiocies like walking tanks wouldn't be seen.
Okay, I'll grant you the walking tanks idiocy

My breakdown:

Book-MI>Colonial Warriors/Clone Troopers>GROPOS>Cylon Centurion/Stormtrooper>>Movie-MI/Sandmen>Federation Security
Old October 14th, 2005, 12:39 PM   #49
WarMachine
Warrior

Who would win...

B5, all the way -- the Fed-Rats are still the Fed-rats

Jedi or PsyCorp? (B5)
Jedi -- They've been at it a lot longer

Lexx or Deathstar?
I haven't seen LEXX, So I have no reference

Vader, all the way -- Adama was able to move a chess piece - Vader was casually tossing large peices of equipment around

R2D2 or Muffit?
R2D2, hands down

Aliens -- waaaaaay scarier, and far more lethal

In ground combat? I'd give this one to the USCM, only because they are a lot more psycho when the shooting starts...

Wookie -- Nomen have laser bola's....Wookies rip your limbs off if they miss with the bow

In a fight - the Falcon...It's the only one with weapons
In coolness - Firefly

Boxey

Baltar or Palpadine?
"LONG LIVE THE EMPEROR!"

Black-suits -- they sidearms are better designed, and they have a more aggressive attitude

Terminators or Aliens?
Ouch -- Draw

RDM or Jarjar Binks?
*nuke*
Old October 14th, 2005, 01:41 PM   #50
LadyImmortal
Bad Email Address

Deep Space Nine or Babylon 5? Hmm... Bab 5 I think... though it might be a close fight - it depends - does Sisko still have access to the Prophets? If he does, then DS9 will win...

Jedi or PsyCorp? (B5) Jedi, dudette... totally. The Jedi could make mixed monkey meat of the Psicorp!

Lexx or Deathstar? Not sure what Lexx can do but I'd still have to go Deathstar...

Darth Vader or Adama (remember, Adama had telekinetic ability) - Much as I love Adama? Darth... (unless Adama has a blaster and a sneak attack handy and Vader is seriously distracted...)

R2D2 or Muffit? Gotta go droid. The droid has all kinds of little zappy tools - the mutt doesn't...

Aliens or Bugs? (From Starship Troopers movie) ::shivers:: Aliens!

Colonial Marines (Aliens) or Colonial Warriors? - Marines - just cause of fighting style...

Wookie or Borellian Nomen? Me say Wookie rend Nomen limb-from-limb... who needs fancy boom boom or owie sticks?

Firefly or Millinium Falcon? In a fight the Falcon - especially with Han at the wheel (though I think he and Mal might get along, lol). I think the Firefly is a cooler ship though - very awesome! And Han would be drooling over all that cargo space!

Boxie or Annakin? (First movie) Boxey! Anakin = blech!

Baltar or Palpadine? Me say Palpatine with the powers is gonna make insta-gravy outta Baltar...

Starfleet Security guys or Council of 12 security guys? (The blue suits) No clue - but probably the Star Trek guys... (The Council of 12 security guys are dumber than bricks)

Terminators or Aliens? Uhm... whichever one wins this one I wanna be on the other side of the galaxy, please!

and finally...

RDM or Jarjar Binks?
NO NO NO... bad... both bad... evil... horrible, to awful to contemplate.
I vote for the incinerator - for both!
Old October 14th, 2005, 02:33 PM   #51
Damocles
Bad Email Address

The Last Person

Quote:
Ok, this has really been fun, lets see what else we can do...

Who would win...

Jedi or PsyCorp? (B5)
Lexx or Deathstar?
R2D2 or Muffit?
Baltar or Palpadine?
Terminators or Aliens?
and finally...
RDM or Jarjar Binks?

tabbi
Feds DS(ZERO) versus Earth Alliance B5? Goodbye Captain Psycho.

Jedi versus Psycorps? Bester took on Shadows and won. Darth despite his formidable reputation had his hands full with a partially trained boy. Still Jedi.

Lexx or Deathstar?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexx

LEXX most certainly! Smaller ship than the Death Star. Eats planets every other episode. Has equivalent energy discharge when it blows apart planets(1*10^48 joules) and it eats everything in sight.

Darth Vader or Adama? Adama! Jedi/Sith are stupid. Adama would talk Vader into a swan dive into the Death Star reactor after Baltar talks Vader into tossing Palpie over the rail!

R2D2 or Muffit? R2D2.

Aliens or Bugs? (From Starship Troopers movie) Aliens.

Colonial Marines (Aliens) or Colonial Warriors? Colonial warriors are tough and they have good side arms. Colonial Marine leadership was terrible. Those fools once they got their buts kicked should have sabotaged the terraforming machinery to poison the planet and run for it . Colonial warriors(GOIPZ) have much more sense and are mission oriented. Give this one to Apollo and crowd..

Wookie or Borellian Nomen? Wookie. It took this to stop Chewie;

Firefly or Millinium Falcon? Firefly if choosing ships, Han Solo if choosing smugglers.

Boxie or Annakin?(movie whiner version) Boxie.

Baltar or Palpatine? Baltar of course! Baltar would talk Vader into tossing Palpie into the Death Star reactor. Remember the rule, Jedi/Sith once they become force dependent stop thinking and act stupidly.

Starfleet Security guys or Council of 12 security guys? (The blue suits) Red shirts die. The blue shirts may be dumber than Jedi, but they tend to survive their mistakes.

Terminators or Aliens? Aliens. Those monsters were tough enough to scare RIPLEY! Terminators are pussycats.

RDM or Jar Jar Binks? I dislike that frog, but I really hate Jar Jar too. Does one of them have to survive?

Cheers;
Old October 14th, 2005, 02:43 PM   #52
Tabitha
Bad Email Address

You guys crack me up!

tabbi
Old October 14th, 2005, 07:45 PM   #53
LadyImmortal
Bad Email Address

BTW - RDM or JarJar Binks?

RDM would 'reimagine' JarJar as a female whatever he is... She would thereby stupidly get involved with Senator Palpatine and, when he got bored with her, tossed over the side of some tower on Coruscant...

After that, George Lucas would sue RDM for everything he was worth - thereby collecting about 20 cents and RDM would go into hiding in disgrace.

Occasionally a fan boy would leak a message that tells us that RDM is living as a hermit and is heard to occasionally cry out "But I'm a genious!"
Old October 18th, 2005, 02:40 AM   #54
Sept17th
Clunky Man In Suit

Quote:
Viper or Tie Fighter?
Wanna really know? http://savefile.com/files.php?fid=5457394 click download on the right.
Another Film Maker
Sept17th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2005, 04:02 PM   #55
3DMaster
Shuttle Pilot

Quote:
Viper or Tie Fighter?
Colonial Warrior or Mobile Infantry?
Cylon or Stormtrooper?
Basestar or Deathstar?
Starbuck or Luke?
Apollo or Han Solo?
Sheba or Lea?
Viper or Starfury?
Garibaldi or Boomer?
Athena or Carmen?

tabbi
1. Star Destroyer - sorry for the old bird Galactica, but I've got to go with the SD. It's just a bit meaner, not to mention has energy shielding.

2. Tie Fighter - again the shielding

3. Colonial Warrior, definitely, come on.

4. Cylon - they're just a bit more durable, and their targeting is better.

5. Deathstar (come on!)

6. Starbuck!! (But isn't the comparison's flipped wrong: SB/Hs, and A/LS?)

7. Apollo

8. Sheba - she's just tougher. Sheba wouldn't be lounging around in a prision, she'd be figuring a way out.

9. Viper, easily.

10. Garibaldi - he's one mean drunk SOB.

11. Athena

"Gimme some sugar, baby."

3D Master's Story Homepage
3DMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2005, 04:14 PM   #56
3DMaster
Shuttle Pilot

1. Deep Space Nine or Babylon 5? Deep Space Nine, easily. B5 will never know what hit them.

2. Jedi or PsyCorp? (B5) - See yah, psy, the Jedi for the slice and dice

3. Lexx or Deathstar? Lexx - heh, heh.

4. Darth Vader or Adama (remember, Adama had telekinetic ability) - Ah, Adama is great, but no. Darth can stop blasters and has that nifty sword.

4. R2D2 or Muffit? - R2D2

5. Aliens or Bugs? (From Starship Troopers movie) - Aliens, they'd just breed in the bugs.

6. Colonial Marines (Aliens) or Colonial Warriors? Colonial Warriors.

7. Wookie or Borellian Nomen? Wookie.

8. Firefly or Millinium Falcon? The falcon, easily.

9. Boxie or Annakin? (First movie) - Boxie!

10. Baltar or Palpadine? - Goodby Baltar, you've finally met your match.

11. Starfleet Security guys or Council of 12 security guys? (The blue suits) - Starfleet.

12. Terminators or Aliens? - Terminators, Aliens can't breed in terminators, and even if they could, still wouldn't slow a terminator down.
and finally...

13. RDM or Jarjar Binks? Mutual annihilation!

Old October 18th, 2005, 06:22 PM   #57
warhammerdriver
Bad Email Address

Quote:
idiocies like walking tanks wouldn't be seen.

Athena is the better staff officer and hence is the smarter of the two.
But I LIKE my walking tank! (look left)

Just because Athena may be the better staff officer does not necessarily make her smarter. After all, she's on her father's staff. Good staff officers live to make their superiors happy. Smart staff officers get promoted and have staffs of thier own. If Athena can't maker her father happy, there's a real problem.
warhammerdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2005, 10:02 AM   #58
BRG
Warrior

Question Whitestar?

Just wondering, how do you think Captain Sheridan's Whitestar would do in battle against a Battlestar or Star Destroyer?

It looks quite a bit smaller than a Battlestar or Star Destroyer, but it fared well against the Shadows big ships, and it has the manouverability of a fighter.

Would it stand a chance, or is it out of its league against the Big 2?
BRG
Old October 19th, 2005, 10:27 AM   #59
Damocles
Bad Email Address

The Last Person

Quote:
Originally posted by warhammerdriver

But I LIKE my walking tank! (look left)

Just because Athena may be the better staff officer does not necessarily make her smarter. After all, she's on her father's staff. Good staff officers live to make their superiors happy. Smart staff officers get promoted and have staffs of thier own. If Athena can't maker her father happy, there's a real problem.
If you are in an AFV you have three things you are trying to do three things

1. Be as armored as possible.
2. Be as fast as possible.
3. Carry the biggest gun you can.

A minimum surface area for the armor package is derigeur.
You can float on air faster or roll faster than you can walk.
A low squat platform is more stable than the walking monstrosity that the Stormies use on Yavin.

Think of it this way;

Now what do you want to use?

As to Athena? She's very young isn't she? She would be a captain or a company grade officer by my reckoning. To be so young and staffed; says she must have something on the ball if her fellow Colonial warriors don't resent her presence(nepotism) on Adama's staff.

Cheers;
Old October 19th, 2005, 11:44 AM   #60
3DMaster
Shuttle Pilot

Quote:
If you are in an AFV you have three things you are trying to do three things

1. Be as armored as possible.
2. Be as fast as possible.
3. Carry the biggest gun you can.

A minimum surface area for the armor package is derigeur.
You can float on air faster or roll faster than you can walk.
A low squat platform is more stable than the walking monstrosity that the Stormies use on Yavin.

Think of it this way;

Now what do you want to use?
The second one. Booster rockets to alow for flight and very, very high jumps. high maneuverablitity and multiple angle attacks, the ability to crouch and maneuver almost as well as a human, if not better once you get into jumps and areal rolls/somersaults?

Number 3 isn't going to fair well, and if the firepower is powerful enough, number 1 wouldn't even know what hit them.