Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old January 13th, 2006, 12:03 PM   #1
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Default Question for Eric Paddon

Eric, is there any Galactica fan fiction that is about another surviving battlestar besides the Galactica and Pegasus?

Best,

Peter
peter noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2006, 01:07 PM   #2
WarMachine
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter noble
Eric, is there any Galactica fan fiction that is about another surviving battlestar besides the Galactica and Pegasus?

Best,

Peter
Well, I'm not EP, but here's my entry:

http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums...ad.php?t=12123

Old January 13th, 2006, 03:34 PM   #3
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Hi Peter. Check this link on the main fanfic page, and there are a couple short stories called "Battlestar Andromeda" that go back a ways (about ten years old I think they are) that just based on a cursory look deal with another surviving battlestar".

http://www.galacticafanfic.com/stories/bsgfan.html

Sanna Guerin, co-moderator of the fanfic mailing list has a major, ambitious unfinished story called "Game Of Life" that also deals with other surviving ships (though not another battlestar) in which Ila is among the survivors and how they hook up with the Pegasus, post-Living Legend. We've been after her to finish that for years now, but she alas is more tied up in doing Stargate fiction these days.

I just got through listening to that first episode in the "Exodus" series and I'll be interested to know what gets built on with that reference to two other "surviving fleets."!
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2006, 04:18 PM   #4
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Thanks gentlemen, looks like I've got some reading to do!

I envy you, I have ideas but I'm not disciplined enough to get beyond the initial enthusiasm. Non-fiction comes slightly easier.

Best,

Peter
peter noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2006, 04:28 PM   #5
Titon
Retired or am I?

Special Effects Artist
Battlestar Galactica 2003
COMMAND INSIGNIACoFounder
Colonial Fleets

I can't remember but i know it's in the fanfic series somewhere about the Millenia. That's where i got the story for many years ago in my feeble attempt at a short film series.

Old January 13th, 2006, 04:57 PM   #6
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter noble
Thanks gentlemen, looks like I've got some reading to do!

I envy you, I have ideas but I'm not disciplined enough to get beyond the initial enthusiasm. Non-fiction comes slightly easier.

Best,

Peter

Thank you, Peter! Yes, I know all about how hard it can be to sustain an idea to completion in the actual writing. For all of my finished projects, there is a big trail of unfinished/abandoned projects residing on the hard drive as well! (including a follow-up to POTA crossover posted here).

I will say though, that if not for fanfic writing and the opportunity to just settle in my mind, visions of how the series might have turned out post-HOG, I don't think I ever would have been able to enjoy watching the series again.

Interesting that you say non-fiction comes easier, because having written both, I found that fanfic writing helped me a great deal when it came to writing graduate term papers and research essays, because it always taught me the need to think of transitioning from one point to another and thinking of how the concept flowed. I saw too many grad papers from my fellow students that would just cut and paste info together with no sense of flow, and if one tackles fiction writing, one is more mindful of applying that sense of flow and rhythm to a non-fiction project as well.
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Old January 14th, 2006, 01:41 PM   #7
AJMarks
Squadron Leader

Thumbs up

You can also read Adam Stacey's "The Lost Battlestar"
Or AJ's Surprise or Battlestar Argo

Thses are a few other fanfiction that deal with other battlestars.
Enjoy.
AJMarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2006, 02:32 PM   #8
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Adam was really the first fanfic writer I know of who attempted a "Second Season" project of continuous story arcs etc. and which we're doing now with our VS project, and he provided a good deal of inspiration for some of my other projects. The unfortunate thing is he pretty much abandoned the series back in 99, and all those synopses of forthcoming stories designed to finish the project are likely to remain just that for all time.