Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old September 5th, 2005, 04:49 PM   #1
3eighty
Bad Email Address

Default World Location

It's pretty cool to know where mates are located...Im in Rio Ranch, New Mexico, USA...How about you...
3eighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2005, 04:25 AM   #2
Lara
Squadron Leader

proclaimed automatically and proudly in the lil box on the left.. Adelaide, South Australia Downunder and darkside..

Cheers,
Lara
Old September 7th, 2005, 09:40 AM   #3
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly Warrior
The Lone Wolf

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
Colonial Fleets
3D Gladiators
Former Webmaster:
BattlestarGalactica.com
RichardHatch.com
GreatWarofMagellan.com
Web Tech:
LauretteSpang.com
DirkBenedictCentral.com
TombsofKobol.com

Newly relocated to Sparks, NV.

3eighty, I used to live in Aztec, NM years ago. How close is Rio Ranch to there?
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"Respect the past. It brought you the present."
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2005, 12:19 PM   #4
3eighty
Bad Email Address

Warrior...Rio Rancho is between Santa Fe and Albq...It has become the 2nd largest city in NM...I can see Albq. from my back yard...Miles to Aztec less than 100...
3eighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2005, 08:14 AM   #5
Lothos
Bad Email Address

Abbotsford, BC - Proudly the 5th largest city in British Columbia (and about the 957th largest city in North America probably )
Lothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2005, 01:05 PM   #6
Archangel
Bad Email Address

White Fox, SK, Canada

But looking forward to a move back to Vancouver BC :P
Archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2005, 07:37 PM   #7
warhammerdriver
Bad Email Address

Ticonderoga, NY
warhammerdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2005, 01:53 PM   #8
gmd3d
Major

Dublin, Ireland.. at present in Spain on vacation ... nice to meet you 3eighty and welcome to the Fleet

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2005, 04:22 PM   #9
Spike The Cylon
Captain

I'm near Dayton, Ohio

Fleeing From The Cylon Tyranny, The Last Battlestar, Galactica, Leads a Rag-tag Fugitive Fleet On A Lonely Quest. A Shining Planet, Known As....Earth!
Spike The Cylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2005, 11:17 AM   #10
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Living abroad at the moment, but reside in Metairie, LA.
Old September 21st, 2005, 11:39 AM   #11
kriechbaum
Warrior

Living in Helsinki, Finland - Baltic Sea on one side, forests on the other.

"Un bon mot ne prouve rien" - [Voltaire, Diner du Comte de Boulainvilliers, 1767]
kriechbaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2005, 07:21 AM   #12
Tabitha
Bad Email Address

Tempe Arizona, home of the ASU Sun Devils! GO DEVILS!!!!!!!!!!
Sun Devil Spirit, can you hear it!??!?!
Tabitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2005, 07:27 AM   #13
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly Warrior
The Lone Wolf

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
Colonial Fleets
3D Gladiators
Former Webmaster:
BattlestarGalactica.com
RichardHatch.com
GreatWarofMagellan.com
Web Tech:
LauretteSpang.com
DirkBenedictCentral.com
TombsofKobol.com

Tempe? Isn't that where the Arizona Cardinals are located too?
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"Respect the past. It brought you the present."
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2005, 10:10 AM   #14
Tabitha
Bad Email Address

The who? Oh those guys in the strange uniforms, the ones afraid to play the Sun Devils because they would get their rears kicked? Oh yea they hang out around here too for some odd reason. Ive heard that people pay money to watch those losers get trounced into the ground some sundays but NFL teams. Boy I cant wait till we get an NFL team here. Oh by the way, they are having tryouts for the Phx Suns cheer line, wish me luck
Yea.. cardinals... never seen one in Arizona... Man I wish we had an NFL team, I always wanted to be an NFL cheerleader... *Sigh*

tabbi
Old September 22nd, 2005, 02:08 PM   #15
kriechbaum
Warrior

Football (the non American kind), basketball, rugby, cricket - the list goes on and on. I can get enthusiastic just about any one of those sports, but American football? What's that really all about? If you have any suggestions that may explain some of the enthusiasm you seem to feel for it, please tell me.

For those who have played both cricket and baseball. There are no gloves in cricket - at least there weren't 15 years ago when I was there. The ball is hard, but you still catch it with bare hands. Why must there be gloves in baseball. Is the ball radically different somehow, more slippery perhaps and hence harder to catch?

-KB

"Un bon mot ne prouve rien" - [Voltaire, Diner du Comte de Boulainvilliers, 1767]
Old September 22nd, 2005, 02:13 PM   #16
Tabitha
Bad Email Address

Cant help ya with the football thingy, I dont get it either. Its a guy thingy I guess. I just love cheerleading. As far as the baseball thingy, in the US its basically a bunch of guys standing around in a field for hours, waiting for someone to hit a ball, which they catch and throw him out, and by accident, sometimes someone runs home. So in a nut shell, I guess Im not any help at all...

giggles sorry

tabbi
Old September 22nd, 2005, 03:27 PM   #17
kriechbaum
Warrior

Thanx tabbi I have played baseball before, am just puzzled about the glove part. So was curious if there was a difference in the ball used

As for games being pointless, well I agree, they don't make much sense if you consider the big picture. However I have to confess to spending a very significant of my life running around the field trying to kick a leather bag full of air from guys who want to kick it between wooden post on my side of the field. It does not make sense, but I love it, can't wait for the indoor season to start

Even though I like playing football more than watching, I know, come June 9th I will be watching that opening game in some bar in the center, with a bunch of friends.

What's the attraction in cheer leading? Cheerleaders never show up at my football games
Does the movie "Bring it on" reflect the spirit of that particular activity?

-KB

Old September 23rd, 2005, 06:52 AM   #18
Tabitha
Bad Email Address

Bring it on... giggles.... well sorta. Thats the hollywood'ized version.
Im a flier, that is I stunt, so for me its not like that at all. For a flier its really more like team gymnastics. I have my bases, my tossers. They get me up there, then I have my catchers, usually the same, and spotters, they just make sure that if I get a bad toss I dont land on my own. So its all up to me in the middle. If its a back tuck basket toss, then I have to make that happen, or its the entire line that loses points. In artistic gymnastics, my overall scores might affect my team by helping or hurting the team total, but in competitive cheerleading, its right there, in your face win or lose. In gymnastics I can drop an event and still make all around if I just up my difficulty and increase my potential points, but in CC, there is no making up for it on the next round. If anyone on the line is out of place, fails to guesture in synch, anything at all, theres a point amount, be it a tenth, or more, then thats just what you have and your done. So yea, theres a true team sport in it, more than people think. Also its dangerous. More girls (as we typically are the fliers and stunters) get seriously hurt and killed each year in CC, than any other sport.
I liked that show it was sorta kewlies, it DID give us a boost in fan base, much like GINO has done for BSG. (Had to tie it in somewheres or it wouldnt fit a BSG forum) except it showed the team pride, the danger, and the excitement of the sport, not that one person IS the team and that wonderwomen can basically carry a team.
I hope Richard Hatches financial problems (I heard the IRS is talking to him) dont prevent him from giving us a great movie, BSG could sure use the boost that CC got from a great movie, that charges the fan base and excites new commers into something that is wonderful, but not appreciated by those who dont dig deeper than scratching the surface. I guess in a way BSG is sorta like CC, its far more complex and amazing than it would seem, and it is a team, no a family, event. Wow, how about that, maybe we will see Sheba in a mini and middyhalter... hey that might not be so bad. Maybe I can play Cassy?

tabbi
Old September 23rd, 2005, 07:23 AM   #19
kriechbaum
Warrior

Thank you, that was very informative tabbi.

I will show your post to my wife when she asks me why I am trying to download CC competitions off the net "But she made it sound ever so exciting and dangerous, she did"

..and..

Well, I just have to ask, there are these guys you call "tossers". Is that an industry term? Do you call them that to their face? Are any of them British?

Old September 23rd, 2005, 07:48 AM   #20
Tabitha
Bad Email Address

Yea sweety, they call themselves that too. They toss us into the air, so they are tossers. We fly so we are fliers. I also perform stunts, so also a stunter. Then there are the pommies, they are good with the pom passes and tosses and othe things that I stink at. As well as the dancers, who ironically enough (haha) dance, and the bases, who are the big guys, they form the bases of any stacks we do, so yea its sorta an industry term. Its a pretty complex sport, try checking out www.americancheerleader.com if they dont carry that mag in your area. Its definately worth the time to look into it.

tabbi
Old October 2nd, 2005, 07:00 AM   #21
bsg1fan1975
Major

Now exisiting in Waterbury, CT.

Cheese: [has tinfoil on his teeth] I have braces!
Mac: You found that on the ground, didn't you?
Cheese: Garbage can.
-episode "Mac Daddy"Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends"
bsg1fan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2005, 01:35 PM   #22
Ian_W359
Warrior

Still residing in 'wonderful' Walsall, about 10 or so miles NNW of the city of Birmingham in the West Midlands.

Come see our light-show (now in its 54th year)!
http://www.walsall-lights.com/

Ian W359
Ian_W359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2005, 04:50 PM   #23
Zenislev
Bad Email Address

Relocated to Corona, CA

Originaly from London, England
Zenislev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2005, 08:50 AM   #24
Dys
Shuttle Pilot

London, in the UK though I live quite far out of the center.
Dys is offline   Reply With Quote