Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Other Science Fiction Shows
Notices
Other Science Fiction Shows A place to discuss all of the other Sci-Fi shows
which may tickle your fancy!

Old September 30th, 2005, 09:47 AM   #1
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

Default Matt Busch news...

Did you all hear about this? Matt Busch, if I recall, has done some BSG artwork for some of Richard Hatch's books and possibly contributed to the BSG trading cards...

"Matt Busch, renowned entertainment illustrator, has signed a deal with Razor Digital Entertainment to release his first independent movie, CONJURE, on Home Video / DVD. In addition to writing, producing, and directing the feature, Busch also plays himself along with fellow artist/model Sarah Wilkinson in this supernatural thriller.

Mostly known for his vast work with the STAR WARS universe, Busch has illustrated hundreds of products for the 'galaxy far, far away', including posters and book covers, as well as writing and illustrating magazine articles. Busch is also known for working on other genre movies and properties, including THE CROW, THE MATRIX, G.I. JOE, THE HULK, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, CON-AIR, RESERVOIR DOGS, ROBOCOP, THE MUMMY, STARGATE SG-1, and STAR TREK. Working on so much visual storytelling, both in print and behind the scenes on movies, Busch comments, "It was only a matter of time before I got behind a camera to make a movie myself."

The story-line behind CONJURE is unique, as it pits real-life artists Matt Busch and Sarah Wilkinson against the nightmares of their own creation. Anthony Daniels (C-3PO in the STAR WARS films) even has a cameo! The movie has been described as an incredible cross-genre feature: a pseudo-documentary that's ultimately an intense supernatural thriller. UnspeakableMag.com raves, "Conjure is a balls-out scary, freaky film. Matt Busch's directorial debut is a 10 ton atom bomb."

CONJURE was shot primarily in North Hollywood, California, and Busch's Planetmatt Studios in Macomb, Michigan, with additional locations in Beverly Hills and New York City. Shot digitally, CONJURE boasts over 300 digital effect shots- unheard of for a relatively low budget independent movie.

Set to be released on DVD early 2006. CONJURE will be distributed by Razor Digital Entertainment, a full service home video and DVD sales, marketing, and distribution company, which licenses, distributes and produces a wide range of titles for both the sell-through and rental markets.

Mitch Perliss, Executive Vice President for Razor Digital comments, "We're very excited to be able to release Matt's first movie. It's well done, has garnered some very positive reviews and is an excellent addition to our catalog. We've had great success releasing "Frazetta: Painting with Fire" on DVD and with Matt's notoriety in the comic and animation world, we believe "Conjure" is a fitting follow up that will keep comic book fans excited about Razor."

You can view the trailer and find out more details at ConjureTheMovie.com."

http://bscallisto.proboards.com/index.cgi
Charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2005, 09:52 AM   #2
gmd3d
Major

Sound Cool ..

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2005, 12:25 PM   #3
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly Warrior
The Lone Wolf

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
Colonial Fleets
3D Gladiators
Former Webmaster:
BattlestarGalactica.com
RichardHatch.com
GreatWarofMagellan.com
Web Tech:
LauretteSpang.com
DirkBenedictCentral.com
TombsofKobol.com

That is cool. Good for Matt!
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"Respect the past. It brought you the present."
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2005, 01:12 PM   #4
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Matt's a great guy.

When we were first launching CFF, I asked him if we could use some of his artwork (we didn't in the end for legal reasons) and he said it would be fine with him.
peter noble is offline   Reply With Quote