Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old February 26th, 2004, 04:22 PM   #1
ernie90125
Also Present

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
BattlestarFanFilms.com

Default Pointless Moore Ron Chat...

Hi all,

Yesterday I 'took part' in an online chat with Moore Ron. And this is the story....

Those who know me know that I champion the Continuation cause, and think that the mini is s**t....

I also know a lot of people will tell me I should have expected this....anyway....

There was a chat on scifi It was scheduled to begin at 1am, only for me to later find out that the Uk time it started was 2am.

It actually started early, with a guy called Harb identifying himself as Moore Ron, and sib confirming this as a moderator.

I wanted to ask a lot of topical questions, such as

Did Moore Ron accept that some of the sourness to the mini was cuased by its maybe having scuppered the chances of the Continuation ?

Why was Boomer also made a woman ?

If a second series (like Stargate Atlantis) were to happen would he support it being a Continuation ?

He answered all these questions, politely with Very interesting answers.

It was then that harb tripped himself up, and we discovered that he was an imposter, so was sib.....

The real Moore Ron had techie problems (using Internet Explorer....duhhhh....)

When he arrived all questions were put though a Moderator, who would only pass on questions along the lines of 'How even better will things become'....

All of my questions were ignored, even the one which began with a compliment of the New Vipers....

This was a pointless chat, undemocratically run to only show the 'great amazing new series' questions, or comments from people saying that they were converted from not liking the idea....

In the end I went to bed at 3.10am after trying to get some straight answers for some fellow fans, but in the end achieving nothing......
ernie90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2004, 09:39 PM   #2
larocque6689
Warrior

Yes, Harb was an annoying imposter.
Old February 27th, 2004, 11:49 AM   #3
Lurkerzrule
Shuttle Pilot

And yet again, a few idiots try to ruin and annoy the fanbase with their trollish behavior.

This kind of stuff is really getting old.
Old February 27th, 2004, 05:14 PM   #4
Antelope

In SCIFIs and Ron Moore's defense:

What do you expect them to do. Your questions(at least the three you wrote) all seem to say politely, "Ron Moore, you suck!"

If I was Ron Moore or SCIFI I wouldn't waste my time answering questions from people who are obviously not fans of his project or have any interest in it's success. Your only relevant question was the one on Boomer as a woman and that has been answered by Moore countless times.

I am sure they answered all the questions time allowed asked by actual interested fans not bomb throwers.

In general however I would not waste my time on a Moore chat. Not because I dislike him but because I have found that in general he keeps plot issues close to the vest and is very coy about where he gets inspiration from so people don't see where he is going. The new show is as much a mystery as a space opera. He is very knowledgeable about TOS plot and story but feigns ignorance because it serves his purposes. You aren't going to learn anything new from Ron Moore when it comes to the story until the show airs or scripts are leaked.
Old February 27th, 2004, 08:02 PM   #5
nightscape2112
Warrior

i went to one of the chats sci-fi had with ron moore. in the one i went to, i got a few questions through. during the chat he was friendly and polite. i went in hating ron moore and came out respecting him. sure his version of bsg sucks, add sexual situations to draw an audience, looks like where they went.

however at the end of the chat, he stuck around in open forum and took questions. i thought that was very cool of him to do. when david eicks chat was started, he was 5 or 7 min late, he was on the phone. ron moore was on time. when eicks chat ended he bolted form the room. moore took the time and talked with us.

i only have this one encounter to draw from. i dont like his version of bsg, but i do like him as a person.

nightscape
Stay here and listen to the nightmares of the sea.

And the music plays on, as the bride passes by
Caught by his spell and the mariner tells his tale.

taken from "the rime of the ancient mariner" by iron maiden
nightscape2112 is offline   Reply With Quote