Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old March 10th, 2003, 06:32 PM   #1
KJ
Strike Leader

Default Farscape final!

Am i correct in what i'm hearing, Farscape's final played here today before the U.S.A. broadcasts the season 4 final? Well for those that have yet to see it or other BG fans in the U.K. who saw the scape final "DON'T SPOIL IT FOR OUR U.S.A. FANS.

But man as a causal fan of the show WHAT A FINAL episode! you won't believe the last 20 seconds. No wonder fans are up in arms in sci-fi cancelling Farscape, idiots is there no end to sci-fi channel's evil wickedness.

Farscape gone, in May Buffy! Whats next, TV cancel's every sci-fi genre program? It wouldn't surprise me. fans even hate the fact it said TO BE CONTINUED when we know it's not? %$£*! A$$clown sci-fi channel and their mother's.

Sad day.
KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2003, 10:34 PM   #2
Erzengel

And on top of that it's earning three new Saturn Award nominations, in the categories of Best Syndicated Television Series, Best TV Actor (Ben Browder) and Best TV Actress (Claudia Black).

Can someone please tell me how to get Bonnie Hammer fired? How about a mass fan partition to her boss asking for her resignation....
Old March 11th, 2003, 05:02 AM   #3
LucianG
Warrior

I've never gotten into Farscape, but I understand the anger of its fans toward Ms. Hammer and SciFi. Calling it successful, and then pulling the rug out from under it, makes a lot of sense if one considers the company involved. I wish the Farscape fans well in their effort to get the show back into production...hopefully, well away from the SciFi Channel!

The cancellation of Buffy is very disappointing to me; however, unlike BG with only one season, it has had a very good run. The show had 6-1/2 years (okay, 7 years in TV terms, if you consider the first midseason replacement episodes a full season). The main reason it's leaving is that SMG wants to go, and without her, there is no Buffy. There is talk that there will be a spinoff with some of the characters. It will be interesting to see UPN's decision on this.

"Tilting at the SciFi windmill"
LucianG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2003, 09:34 AM   #4
KJ
Strike Leader

I hope Joss wheldon can do other stuff besides Buffy and Angel cos with his Firefly gone and Buffy ending (not cancelled) he needs to branch out into other things other areas? Angel is a good show but the quality of stories has dropped somewhat, and the clever metaphor lacking unlike the early Buffy days. A spin off yet again would be typecasting his abilities as a writer (saying he can only do fantasy/action TV shows)

Anyway this is a strong indication of genre TV hitting rock bottom! Farscape, Firefly, Invisible Man, Special Unit 2, Witchblade, Firstwave, X-files, Lone Gunmen and more all gone. TV is beginning to be a barebones place for even average entertainment!

KJ
Old March 11th, 2003, 10:38 AM   #5
Iknowweather66

Default How to get Bonnie Hammer fired...

Go to the Stop Scare Tactics petition and sign it. We're calling for her resignation. She has probably dug her own grave with this show. Tell everyone to sign this, and the Battlestar Boycott petition too.

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/scaretac/petition.html
http://www.bsgboycott.cjb.net
Old March 11th, 2003, 01:20 PM   #6
KJ
Strike Leader

Thanks will do, but even if she is fired won't it take another year to develop a series with Battlestar Galactica name on it.

KJ
Old March 11th, 2003, 01:42 PM   #7
Erzengel

Not if there was a script already done for it before moore's. They could easily grab it and another director and have it up and running in no time...
Old March 12th, 2003, 03:04 AM   #8
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

WEll for you Slayer fans if you watch Angel you can see the return of Faith for I hear about ten episodes. SHe may be back for more, but Dushku gots her own series.
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2003, 09:52 AM   #9
LucianG
Warrior

Faith returned to Angel last week for a three ep run, and then she switches over to finish out the Buffy series. Do you know anything about her new series? I wonder if JW is involved.

I did a quick glance at imdb.com for the series KJ listed. I was surprised at what I saw about the length of run of a couple of them, including First Wave (3 years, never even saw it) and Witchblade (only 1 year plus the original movie). Of course, those could be wrong, since who said imdb.com always gets it right (Ronny Cox, anyone?)?

"Tilting at the SciFi windmill"
Old March 12th, 2003, 10:14 AM   #10
Artemis
Warrior

Actually Witchblade was cancelled after completing its second season for fear that the ratings would drop in a third season. They didn't even want to take the risk that it would maintain or improve in the third season.
Firstwave started at the same time as Farscape as scifi's 'friday prime' along with Lexx. It later included Invisible Man and Prey. Or Lexx replaced Prey, I'm not sure.
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2003, 11:21 AM   #11
LucianG
Warrior

I thought I remembered Witchblade being on longer than that. Thanks.
Old March 12th, 2003, 11:43 AM   #12
KJ
Strike Leader

I forgot to list GvsE another great stylish show cancelled before it's time!

KJ
Old March 12th, 2003, 12:23 PM   #13
Artemis
Warrior

I liked Brimstone, John Glover brought a dark comedy aspect to it. I also liked the first incarnation of GvsE, not the version that scifi made when it tried to resurrect it.
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote