Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old August 25th, 2011, 09:30 PM   #1
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Default CD Volume 2 Is Out-GET IT FAST!

Volume 2 of the series music from the Universal vault with complete scores for "Lost Planet Of The Gods" and "Gun On Ice Planet Zero" is now available from Intrada at www.intrada.com. This FINALLY includes the episode title music which was the most missed item not in the Phillips 4 CD set. The pressing is limited to just 1500 copies compared to the Saga release which was 3000, so get it fast it's your last chance!
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2011, 11:30 PM   #2
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Default Re: CD Volume 2 Is Out-GET IT FAST!

Ordered, in fact, I don't see how anyone calling themselves a fan of the series, can not order this!
Old August 26th, 2011, 09:05 AM   #3
Benedict
Warrior

Definitely will try this week. I see, which excites somewhat, they have the Black Hole soundtrack. I have what I thought was the expanded but this looks different.

Anyway, I assume Instrada are doing music right through to Hand of God. Corr...
Galactica-era fan fic: Battlestar Pacifica #2 Saga of a Battlestar

"We thought the opposite of war, was peace. But we found the opposite of war was slavery."
Benedict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2011, 10:58 AM   #4
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

If you havent' seen on the other post about the soundtrack, Intrada has put up that there are only 175 copies left and there is a limit of one CD per order....wow, it's selling like hotcakes!!

They also say they are out of stock on the Vol. 1 Saga CD, but they are expecting more stock in 2-3 weeks...

http://bscallisto.proboards.com/index.cgi
Charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2011, 12:04 PM   #5
JLHurley
Warrior

BIG THANKS for this head's up! No way, no way, no way could I pass on this. The previous volume was fantastic.
Old August 27th, 2011, 01:26 PM   #6
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

I bought mine last night - I decided not to wait any longer with only 150 copies left. I really enjoyed the first volume so much. I wish that I hadn't paused on the Black Hole soundtrack, but as soon as the second pressing comes in, I'll be right on that.

Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2011, 02:41 PM   #7
Benedict
Warrior

I'm nearly there, might back order Saga. Thank Kobol I've got a job or my bank account would be like the Pegasus facing off those Basestars.

"We thought the opposite of war, was peace. But we found the opposite of war was slavery."
Old August 29th, 2011, 07:23 AM   #8
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Apparently, there's about 40 or less left.
Old August 29th, 2011, 11:41 AM   #9
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

Nope, SOLD OUT!!!

Old August 29th, 2011, 02:55 PM   #10
Benedict
Warrior

Felgercarb. Hopefully when it comes back again, not only will I still be in work but it'll be more keyed up with the budget cycles..

Old August 30th, 2011, 09:34 AM   #11
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Unfortunately these limited pressing titles never come back. Once they're sold out they are gone completely unless the company or another company chooses to pay for the license fees all over again. At tihs point, I suggest you check a couple of vendors that sell these CDs because they might still have some copies for sale, specifically www.screenarchives.com. If they're sold out now, then you'll have to get a copy at an inflated price on e-bay since there are alas some speculators who buy multiple copies for that purpose.
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Old August 30th, 2011, 11:17 AM   #12
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

Colonial Fleets

Eric -

There's a listing for this CD at the Monsters in Motion website that just went up in the past week:

http://www.monstersinmotion.com/cart...cd-set-p-16822

They update their listings, so it doesn't appear to be sold out through this retailer.

Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Old August 31st, 2011, 01:05 PM   #13
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

My copy arrived today at last. I was getting a bit antsy wondering if the Hurricane might have played havoc with the order and when a title is sold out and the mail screws up the company won't be getting you another copy anytime soon!

For those who got caught short on this, I recommend keeping www.intrada.com bookmarked so you can check that periodically to find out when the next release will be, though in this case, it'll probably be a minimum of four to six months before Volume 3 appears.

Old August 31st, 2011, 02:13 PM   #14
Benedict
Warrior

I'll definitely keep an eye out for it as well as keep tabs for a couple of days on the links that Gemini posted above. Re-arrange my budget then go for it.

Old August 31st, 2011, 05:10 PM   #15
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

If you've got money right now, then go for it. Knowing the cutthroat nature of the Film CD world, I know that when a title sells out, everyone scours the last places to get them as fast as possible. If one place still has copies at retail, rest assured they won't be there within a few days.

Old August 31st, 2011, 05:54 PM   #16
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

I missed out on this one.

Disappoint reigns.

Sigh.
Old August 31st, 2011, 09:21 PM   #17
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

And here alas is what happens when they have a low pressing. The leeches who are speculators grab extra copies to then dump on e-bay in bid wars like this. This alas is the only option at this point if you don't have it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Battlestar-G...item2a1386454e

Old September 1st, 2011, 09:09 AM   #18
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

Man, i needed some cash, why didn't I think of that???

Just kidding, I would never do that to my fellow BSG enthusiasts...I will search for it and if I find it, I'll post...

Old September 1st, 2011, 09:18 AM   #19
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

OK, here it is on Amazon, but you're not going to like the price:

http://www.amazon.com/Battlestar-Gal...893545&sr=8-29

Old September 1st, 2011, 11:06 AM   #20
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Just to clarify that's a used Amazon vendor with just one copy for sale. Whoever wants it, better move now!

I got my copy yesterday and while LPOTG sounds expanded, there is one item STILL missing and that's the opening fanfare cue of sorts for when we see the Pyramids of Kobol for the first time. What happened to that cue is now going to remain a permanent mystery it seems.

Old September 1st, 2011, 11:51 AM   #21
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

Ooop! Yeah, I should have said that the album is for sale from an Amazon seller. Amazon itself does not sell this particular item.

Last edited by Charybdis; September 1st, 2011 at 11:52 AM.. Reason: deleted item.
Old September 1st, 2011, 05:10 PM   #22
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

Colonial Fleets

Did any of you check the link I provided for the Monsters In Motion website in post #12 of this thread? It's better than bidding for one. edt: I just checked and they're sold out too...

I just got an email from Intrada today saying that my order has been shipped, so I just need to wait for it to arrive?

Bryan

Old September 2nd, 2011, 08:51 AM   #23
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

I, too, got that shipping message. Eric, where do you live? Why did you get it so fast? I guess either you ordered it way before us or you live near Intrada!

Old September 2nd, 2011, 02:37 PM   #24
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

I think it's just a case of my ordering earlier. I ordered around August 23 I think, got a ship notification the 25th and it took six days to arrive ultimately (I'm on the opposite coast from them).

They confirm that the choral fanfare cue that establishes the scene on Kobol is inexplicably lost.

Old September 2nd, 2011, 03:23 PM   #25
Benedict
Warrior

I might just write to Stu Phillips and beg

never mind, one day and all the rest

Old September 2nd, 2011, 06:24 PM   #26
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

Hmm, I checked and I ordered my CD on Aug. 24th. Tomorrow will be 10 days..maybe it'll come...if not, then I will have to wait until Tuesday before the mail is delivered again after the holiday...

Old September 4th, 2011, 02:11 PM   #27
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

Colonial Fleets

I had a small package from Intrada waiting for me when I got home from work yesterday. I was surprised that it arrived so quickly - it was shipped on 9/1 and it arrived on 9/3.

I took some time and read the liner notes over dinner - I really enjoyed reading the episode synopses and the ideas behind the themes and how they related to certain scenes or characters. There were even a couple of notations about certain tracks that were rather surprising. Mainly because they were actually intended for Saga prior to the many story changes made by Larson.

One interesting aspect of reading the liner notes was that I had an impulse to pull out the DVDs and rewatch the episodes - an odd impulse when you consider that you bought a CD to presumably listen to the music without the images they underscore! I listened to a handful of the tracks on the first disk. I enjoyed listening to them and could immediately picture the scenes they were written for. I'll have to listen to some more tonight and in the coming days. I've been so busy lately, I just can't carve out enough time to listen to it all in one sitting.

There were some interesting techinical notations at the end of the liner notes. They said that the entire 2 CD set is in Mono format, mainly because some tracks were recorded in Stereo, while later tracks were recorded in Mono. The thought is that if the tracks were in different formats on the release, the transition from one format to another on individual tracks would feel a bit jarring. They went on to say that at some point, there would be another release with all the tracks in Stereo format... Do I have to buy this again down the road? Is this similar to George Lucas releasing a new version of his SW films everytime he gives them a tweak?

I'm happy to have them, but it haunts me to know that a superior format release will be coming later on. We all know that draw to have the best version we can get... I suppose that I should just be happy with the fact that 32 years after the original Battlestar Galactica left prime time airwaves, we still are being treated to having the opportunity to buy previously unreleased material for the first time. BSG is just the gift that keeps on giving, eh?

Old September 4th, 2011, 04:17 PM   #28
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

Thank the Lords of Kobol! My CD set arrived yesterday afternoon afterall...unfortunately, I have been so busy the only thing I have done is read the liner notes...but I will listen to the albums very soon...

Old September 4th, 2011, 10:05 PM   #29
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charybdis View Post
Thank the Lords of Kobol! My CD set arrived yesterday afternoon afterall...unfortunately, I have been so busy the only thing I have done is read the liner notes...but I will listen to the albums very soon...
C -

That is good news! I'm sure that you'll enjoy them.

BTW - did you notice that we have the same quote from Saga in our signature line? Too funny!

Bryan

Old September 6th, 2011, 02:07 PM   #30
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

I'm back in the game on E-Bay. Hopefully this one will go at a price I can live with.

All my best,

Russell