Default Battlestar Galactica Comic Covers

http://www.newsarama.com/dynamitenew...BSGcovers.html
Old June 26th, 2006, 07:35 AM   #2
ernie90125
Also Present

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
BattlestarFanFilms.com

Oh dear.

The Dave Dorman art looks to be the much better of the two and is in the 'classic style'......but the second piece of art is.....well....not exactly up to expectations.

I guess they haven't got the likeness rights from Herb/Dirk (or if they have, they are wasting their money and not using them) and the Cylons look like something from a (poor) Japanese anime cartoon.

I will be buying this new BSG comic line to support the original show, but only the Dave Dorman variant.

I don't know why a company would waste a ready-made fanbase of customers, by doing a comic like the second cover ? For heaven's sake, can somebody just deliver what their strong customer base want ?
ernie90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2006, 08:18 AM   #3
jjrakman

http://www.dynamiteentertainment.com...p-C105310.html

http://www.dynamiteentertainment.com...p-C105311.html
Old June 26th, 2006, 08:30 AM   #4
ernie90125
Also Present

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
BattlestarFanFilms.com

ahhh....so reading more....the second cover which I don't like is a 'guest' cover. Not by the regular artists. In which case, I don't think much of the guests are hope that the art on the inside is a bit better !!!!!
ernie90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2006, 10:09 PM   #5
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

That summary does not impress me either. You don't say "Galactica" you would say "THE Galactica." And yes, the variant cover is awful.

If I remember the legalities right, permission is not needed on the likeness of those performers who have sadly passed away, so that means that Adama and Baltar should in fact more closely resemble Lorne and John (I remember that being the case with Max Press, and doubly so when Chameleon popped up looking exactly like Fred Astaire).
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote