Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old January 16th, 2004, 02:50 PM   #1
Dennis
Bad Email Address

Default Lee Stringer on CBS radio

Charles Gibson does feature pieces for CBS radio. Today he talked about a physics professor who has a webpage devoted to "insultingly stupid movie physics" (http://www.intuitor.com/moviephysics).

During the piece, ZOIC studios was mentioned as having made an unusal effort to get the physics of spacecrafts and space battles right in "Battlestar Galactica" They interviewed Lee Stringer, who mentioned that current animation and rendering software provides a lot of support for this, but that still sometimes they nonetheless have to go with what just looks right.

It was great to unexpectly hear Lee on the radio! He's a great fellow. BTW, check out the website -- it's fun and educational.
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2004, 07:33 PM   #2
Hito
Warrior

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

you mean they wernt ripping off babylon 5 afterall

I knew that I could never again raise my voice against the violence of the oppressed in the ghettos without having first spoken clearly to the greatest purveyor of violence in the world today -- my own government....
~ Dr. Martin Luther King ~

I can hear God saying to America: “You are too arrogant! If you don't change your ways, I will rise up and break the backbone of your power!"
~ Dr. Martin Luther King ~
Hito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2004, 07:59 PM   #3
Dennis
Bad Email Address

Oh, I rather imagine that "Babylon 5" would wind up on the "Insultingly Stupid Physics" website for any number of things, such as suggesting in one first-season episode that a station of B5's mass would have enough external gravity that it could hold an expelled object like a corpse in close proximity to itself.
Old January 18th, 2004, 09:19 PM   #4
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

well... it might have a little pull if you could stop it from spinning.

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2004, 11:57 AM   #5
Dennis
Bad Email Address

Even then, virtually none. The thing is five miles long -- it could be solid depleted uranium and a stiff sneeze would propel someone off its surface (except, obviously, that they'd be sneezing inside a spacesuit ).