Go Back   Colonial Fleets > FAN CREATIVITY > ART Work - Finished
Notices

Old November 17th, 2021, 04:34 PM   #1
Rhaven Blaack
Warrior

Default Cobra MK-III (FSW)

When I first started building paper/cardstock models, I started out scratch building the models that I wanted. My very first one was the Colonial Viper (from the original BSG). It was not until 2009/2010 that I started building kits/template models (starting with the Buck Rogers Thunder Fighter designed by Martin Saenger), and I have not stopped since.

With that being said, I was talking with my brother and was telling him about the models that I recently completed and what is in the beta test build queue (as well as a few projects that I have in mind to tackle). He proceeded to ask me when was the last model that I scratch built and what was it? I had told him that I had scratch build a FSW (forward swept wing) version of the Thunder Fighter (designation: MK-III). He then suggested that I do another (more recent scratch build (to "relive" my childhood again. However, I think that it is more for him to relive it, than I).

After some careful consideration, I decided to do another scratch build (of my own design). The general overall theme will be based off of the COBRA MK-III. However, there were quite a few of my own added features (i.e. think "SCARLET VIPER").

20211112_193207.jpg

20211112_193240.jpg

20211112_193254.jpg

20211112_193351.jpg

Last edited by Rhaven Blaack; November 17th, 2021 at 05:36 PM..
Rhaven Blaack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2021, 02:18 AM   #2
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly Warrior
The Lone Wolf

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
Colonial Fleets
3D Gladiators
Former Webmaster:
BattlestarGalactica.com
RichardHatch.com
GreatWarofMagellan.com
Web Tech:
LauretteSpang.com
DirkBenedictCentral.com
TombsofKobol.com

Default Re: Cobra MK-III (FSW)

Glad you didn't call it a Cobra Mk II

That looks like it needs a 3D CGI made of it
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"Respect the past. It brought you the present."
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2021, 08:27 AM   #3
Rhaven Blaack
Warrior

Default Re: Cobra MK-III (FSW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell Lawrence View Post
Glad you didn't call it a Cobra Mk II

That looks like it needs a 3D CGI made of it
Thank you!
Once of the designers that I working with has made mention of making a paper/cardstock model template of both the original model that I used as a guide and this one. Once done, they will be available for free download.