Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Other Science Fiction Shows
Notices
Other Science Fiction Shows A place to discuss all of the other Sci-Fi shows
which may tickle your fancy!

Old February 7th, 2023, 06:14 AM   #1
skippercollecto
Squadron Leader

Default The Ark

I wonder what Glen Larson would think of The Ark on SyFy. It's the series he originally envisioned in the early 1970s, about a group of people leaving Earth. That concept later evolved into Battlestar Galactica in 1978, about a group of people whose own planets were destroyed and were looking for Earth.
I loved the first episode. It had a 1960s/1970s feel, with people trying to be positive under extreme circumstances; likeable, attractive characters; a villain who is more pathetic than scary; a long-range story arc (pun intended). All of the cast members are new to me; I've never seen any of them before.
Where is this show filmed? The closing credits all listed names that were Eastern European.
skippercollecto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2023, 10:34 AM   #2
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

Default Re: The Ark

Here is what I found:

"The Ark went straight-to-series in late January 2022 with a 12-episode order from SyFy.[4] Principal photography began at PFI Studios in Belgrade, Serbia in March of that year. Dean Devlin and Jonathan Glassner serve as showrunners and producers."

So that's why the Eastern European names.

http://bscallisto.proboards.com/index.cgi
Charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote