Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old December 24th, 2003, 07:09 PM   #1
Dayton3
Shuttle Pilot

Default The Living Legend-DVD Question

The Living Legend is my favorite episode.

I don't own the Battlestar:Galactica DVD yet.

So this is a question for someone who does. I'm familiar with the missing and deleted scenes for the series premier.

Does the two part episode "The Living Legend" have any notable missing or deleted scenes that are in the DVD set?
Old December 25th, 2003, 04:11 PM   #2
Bijou88

Yes, you will be happy to discover that "The Living Legend" does indeed have deleated scenes. I think there are about 10 minutes of footage. In one scene, Lloyd Bridges blows a line and it puts a smile on your face. I love the DVD set and I give Universal a salute for taking the time and energy to include extras with the set. They could have taken the low road and released a bare-bones set. If you love Battlestar Galactica, ownership of this set is required.
Old January 1st, 2004, 05:11 PM   #3
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Hi Dayton! Yes, as Bijou said, there are deleted scenes for Living Legend. In fact, the bonus features on the DVD set are many, and well worth the price just for those. It's like having all new footage of our favorite show.

There are specials about working with the Cylon outfits, the chimp/daggit, an interview with Mr. Larson, an an interview with Mr. Phillips, and so much more! Definitely, if you can, try and pick up this set. If I remember right, Lloyd Bridges cracks a joke or says something funny in the deleted scenes. Also, Laurette tells about her experience doing romantic scenes with him.

Cheers!
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2004, 06:27 PM   #4
Spike The Cylon
Captain

I just got the set for a late Christmas Present. I love it! Can't wait to see all the extras!

Fleeing From The Cylon Tyranny, The Last Battlestar, Galactica, Leads a Rag-tag Fugitive Fleet On A Lonely Quest. A Shining Planet, Known As....Earth!
Spike The Cylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2004, 06:27 PM   #5
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

I like the extras with the set too. I just wish the
quality of the dvds were a bit better ...... You'd
think with what the dvds cost they could have
splurged on better cds to record on.
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2004, 03:13 PM   #6
Spike The Cylon
Captain

I agree Shiningstar, I wish the quality was a bit better, but, hey, it's BSG, so I'm happy!
My fave bounus feature so far are th deleated scenes, especially the ones that have the actors in the Cylon suits doing the lines before the voice actors do there job.

Fleeing From The Cylon Tyranny, The Last Battlestar, Galactica, Leads a Rag-tag Fugitive Fleet On A Lonely Quest. A Shining Planet, Known As....Earth!
Spike The Cylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2004, 03:25 PM   #7
CrysWimmer

I would have just about payed the price of the set just for the documentaries that they included. There's one with the whole cast that is absolutely awesome - and hysterical. They made it sound like they had a really good time on set, as well as giving a lot of information on the hows and whys. There's also separate mini-documentaries on Muffit and the Cylons (both also very funny), bunches of pictures to look through, and a cute little sneak-peek at the Mini. I was a little disappointed that they didn't have one documentary on there that I've seen - can't remember the name, but SciFi ran it the same week they showed every BSG episode in a 5 day marathon - it had a lot of the political stuff regarding production and cancellation. Not a funny one, but it had tons of information that I wish I had on tape.

Definately, get the set!

-Crys-
Old January 5th, 2004, 04:32 PM   #8
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

I haven't seen the documentory yet .......I'm still watching the episodes. I just hope that the documentory isn't on one of the dvd's that I'm having problems viewing
Old January 5th, 2004, 04:54 PM   #9
CrysWimmer

Quote:
Originally posted by shiningstar
I haven't seen the documentory yet .......I'm still watching the episodes. I just hope that the documentory isn't on one of the dvd's that I'm having problems viewing
It's at the end of the sixth one - it's title is Remembering the Galactica. I only tell you this because I couldn't find the darned thing, and someone on these boards had to rescue me.

-Crys-
Old January 6th, 2004, 07:30 PM   #10
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Thanks CrysWimmer! I appreciate it!