Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old November 21st, 2003, 06:26 AM   #1
Trevor Angelus
Warrior

Default Some Ideas I Had About Future Galactica Projcts, Film, Series, Movie or Otherwise

I hope these ideas get back to either Mr Larson Hatch Or DeSanto, because I and other fans I'm sure, would like to see them addressed.

The possibility of good Cylons. Although they are cybernetic and all have for the most part the same voice, they have individual personalities. Its been said that there are Cylon prisons, in that case there would have to be Cylon criminals (another avenue to explore in itself). What if there were Cylons, whether it be civilian, centurians, or IL series (or maybe a group of all 3) who questioned the edict of human extinction. What if they wanted to defect. We know that Cylons have a capacity for good as seen in Return Of Starbuck (OK its a G80 ep but you see what I mean).

Okay what if they reached Earth. What makes the Colonials (not Galacticans,sheesh) think they will be welcome? Especially with a horde of Cylons tailing them. I personally am working on a fan fic addressing this. Greenbean is led to Earth by the beings of Light after being lost in a fight with the Cylons. Trouble is they followed him! Greenbean awakens on Earth and has problems convincing the humans of 2076 of his story. His ship was captured and held by an evil and ambitious Government agent bent on global dominion, and discrediting Greenbean. Only two humans believe Greenbean, a retired army Col. with prior dealings with the Gov Agent, and his female therapist, who starts to fall for him. He goes on disbelieved and is taken to isolation by the Agent, until the Cylons attack. Once The Agent learns about the Cylons and listens in on them to learn who they are and how to manipulate them, via Greenbean's Viper's communicator, he pretends to be the Imperious Leader, making them believe they have contacted the Cylon Empire. Believing he is their Imperious Leader, they follows his plan of world domination, suplling them the tools to make more Cylons.

This story will ease the Colonials into Earth, introduce new characters and able to continue an interesting story once the fleet reaches Earth.

Another question is if they are going to discuss Iblis's brothers. In War of the Gods Iblis says there are others like him not here. Now assuming from the fact that he didn't mention them with malice or contempt as he did the beings of light, he was referring to other "Demons" like himself but were possibly contained shortly after Iblis's exile.

Another interesting idea I had was what if a member of the Quorum of 12 was replaced by a cybernetic look alike, to replace Balatar as a menace, or even better, a member who wanted control of the fleet and was cybernetically enhanced by the Cylons, he even has a small cabal of cybernetic minions disguised as colonial warriors. His base of operations is a cloaked ship amongst the fleet. Another interesting thing would be if one of his Cabal befriended Starbuck Apollo or Boomer, and switched sides eventually.

Well that is my 2 cubits worth, let me know what you guys think!

:colwar:
BSG FOREVER!!!!!!
Old November 21st, 2003, 06:25 PM   #2
Trevor Angelus
Warrior

Default Some other things too

What about a Cylon created menace that threatens both them and the colonials? An advanced sister race that is guided by a supreme intelegence. It is in Command of several motherships and has its power divided into generals. Each general commands a particular force, being ground troops, starfighters etc. The actual forces are mere drones in vast numbers commanded by the generals. A general may download his intelegece into a command drone, but is automaticaly uploaded back to his mothership upon destruction. The ships don't have pilots, but are drones too. The generals control the troops and the Supreme Intelegence controls the motherships, it sentience is downloaded to each ship and is uploaded back to its source upon destruction. The source is of course hidden and unknown. The Cylons have never used it before because of a similar T3 Skynet incident which they barely contained.

Also a funny part Richard or someone else can use, Starbuck, Apollo, and, Boomer discover an Amazon tribe decedant of the 13th tribe. In order to gain information from them they have to temporarily genetically alter themselves into women. You could have Starbuck protest and say something like, "Me, a woman? It'll never happen. Nobody'll buy that felgercarb!"
Old November 24th, 2003, 06:16 AM   #3
Trevor Angelus
Warrior

Default OOOPS I found it!

Well it seems no one was interested enough in my ideas, but I have decided to put together my own writers bible for a whole season of BSG based on these ideas, and a lot more i"ve had since.

Hope someone will be interested to read it!
Old November 24th, 2003, 06:42 AM   #4
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

hhehe! Good luck and more power to ya!!!!!

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2003, 10:21 PM   #5
dec5
Warrior

Default CGI.....

Is probably the only way the original version can really be brought back....ala Final Fantasy.
dec5 is offline   Reply With Quote