Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old April 7th, 2004, 01:00 AM   #1
Sci-Fi
Bad Email Address

Cool SCI FI Brings Back Farscape

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-m...4/05/17.00.sfc

SCI FI announced it will be bringing back Farscape with an all-new miniseries — called Farscape: Peacekeeper War — slated to air in the fourth quarter of this year. The four-hour miniseries picks up where the cliffhanger series finale left off and will reunite John Crichton (Ben Browder), Aeryn Sun (Claudia Black) and the rest of the Moya crew.

Farscape creator Rockne O'Bannon and executive producer David Kemper wrote the miniseries, which was directed by Brian Henson. Peacekeeper War was produced by the Jim Henson Company and Hallmark Entertainment, and executive produced by Robert Halmi Jr.

Sci-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2004, 06:15 AM   #2
Rowan
On Vacation...

But but...Aeryn and John were killed!:confused:
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2004, 02:17 PM   #3
Artemis
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan
Were they really? It wasn't clear what kind of weapon was used and in the Farscape universe death, or apparent death, is not always the end.
I just wish some other channel had pick it up, then there would be a chance that they would continue the show but scifi will never do that because they would be admitting they never should have cancelled it.
Old April 7th, 2004, 03:28 PM   #4
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis
Were they really? It wasn't clear what kind of weapon was used and in the Farscape universe death, or apparent death, is not always the end.
well death is never certain in tv land but they did disintegrate and the other members mourned there passing. which really really really made me mad!!!! what a lousy way to end the series!! I mean they declare their love for each other get engaged and discover they are having a baby and then they are killed all in 60 minutes!!!
Quote:
I just wish some other channel had pick it up, then there would be a chance that they would continue the show but scifi will never do that because they would be admitting they never should have cancelled it.
I wish it had been picked up as well I really loved that show and was severly dissapointed by it's cancelation! that scifi station makes me furious sometimes!!!

Hey Artemis my dream job was to be an ethologist but not in a lab
Old April 7th, 2004, 04:36 PM   #5
Artemis
Warrior

Rowan,

Remember it did say "to be continued" at the end of the last episode so it leaves the viewers with the feeling that it wasn't the end of John and Aeryn.

Quote:
Hey Artemis my dream job was to be an ethologist but not in a lab
My husband got his master's degree studying invertebrate behavior but now he is a school teacher.
My job is a mix of lab and field work which is good, too many long hard days in the field make you appreciate the lab but the lab gets tedious after a while.

I take it you didn't go into the field of ethology?
Old April 8th, 2004, 02:15 AM   #6
Sci-Fi
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Not really, the conversation between the aliens were:

"Tracker scouts were correct. One Leviathan, partially submerged. Two invaders have exited their ship. Request orders."

"Do you have target acquisition?"

"Positive. I scan no armaments,"

"Neutralise invaders for analysis."

"Acknowledged. Neutralisation run, beginning."

The alien ship swoops down and fires at them. As D'Argo screams on Moya, John and Aeryn shatter into small pieces on the boat.

So.... they can be put back together. Just like episode #10109, "DNA Mad Scientist", they changed Aeryn back in the end.
Old April 8th, 2004, 07:56 AM   #7
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

Woo hoo, happy news! Although, I would have been happier if they hadn't frelling cancelled the show in the first place. And I would also be happier if they were bringing it back as a series and not a miniseries. I mean, did anyone see the dren they replaced it with: Tremors and Scare Tactics and Mad, Mad House?! Gimme a break. Those three shows on their best days wouldn't add up to half the quality that Farscape did on its worst day!

But, I'll take what I can get. And hey, if they can bring people back from the dead, does that mean that Crais can come back, because I really missed him. Lani Tupu was great and hearing him as Pilot just wasn't the same as seeing him on screen.

Each smallest act of kindness reverbrates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.

This Momentous Day, H. R. White

unowhoandwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2004, 08:06 AM   #8
Rowan
On Vacation...

Quote:
Rowan,

Remember it did say "to be continued" at the end of the last episode so it leaves the viewers with the feeling that it wasn't the end of John and Aeryn.

My husband got his master's degree studying invertebrate behavior but now he is a school teacher.
My job is a mix of lab and field work which is good, too many long hard days in the field make you appreciate the lab but the lab gets tedious after a while.

I take it you didn't go into the field of ethology?
Hi Artemis
No, I did 2 years of biology and couldn't hack calculus but it's the only thing I've ever wanted to do my whole life. As a teenager I used to keep a book that kept track of all the bird nests in my area how many eggs were laid how many hatched etc, I used to catch voles with my bare hands (in winter when the snow is deep you wait till they pop out of their hole and then cover it with you mitten then when they rush back because they have seen you they go right to their hole so you just scoop them up) I'd measure them and weigh them, and try and sex them etc. I was only about 14 at the time but I kept meticulous notes and checked my nests daily (about 10-15 nests). I'm very good a lab work. I've worked in a couple of biology labs at a couple of universities, as a student. But my love lies more in the outdoors work. I have a six sense when it comes to understanding animals and that came in handy when I worked as a veterinary technician

I have a couple of girlfriend who are biologists one teaches the other does statistical analysis etc. Thanks for sharing Artemis
Old April 8th, 2004, 02:26 PM   #9
Sci-Fi
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by unowhoandwhy
Woo hoo, happy news! Although, I would have been happier if they hadn't frelling cancelled the show in the first place. And I would also be happier if they were bringing it back as a series and not a miniseries. I mean, did anyone see the dren they replaced it with: Tremors and Scare Tactics and Mad, Mad House?! Gimme a break. Those three shows on their best days wouldn't add up to half the quality that Farscape did on its worst day!
Farscape was originally scheduled to run for 5 seasons. So the miniseries will be season 5 condensed and give a proper conclusion to the series. Mele-On Grayza was an interesting character, could have been a female Bialar Crais the way her story arc was going.

BTW, there are many Tremors the Series fans out there and they are getting a Tremors 4 movie. The original Tremors movie got a "Thumbs up! TREMORS is a fun movie.". -Roger Ebert

Not a fan of Mad, Mad House or Scare Tactics. Those are just another reality type shows. The Sci-Fi Channel would be better off going back to the early days and show Japanese Anime.
Old April 9th, 2004, 08:48 AM   #10
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci-Fi
Farscape was originally scheduled to run for 5 seasons. So the miniseries will be season 5 condensed and give a proper conclusion to the series.
As a proud (although not as active as I should have been) member of Save Farscape, I was definitely aware of the planned 5 season story arc and was exceptionally upset about the early cancellation. But, as I said, a miniseries is better than nothing, even though they should never have cancelled it in the first place.

I definitely agree about Grayza, although I don't think she would ever help anyone but herself, no matter what, unlike Crais, who was only 90% selfish.

Each smallest act of kindness reverbrates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.

Old April 9th, 2004, 12:36 PM   #11
Krystal
Bad Email Address

Thumbs up

Quote:
Woo hoo, happy news! Although, I would have been happier if they hadn't frelling cancelled the show in the first place. And I would also be happier if they were bringing it back as a series and not a miniseries.

But, I'll take what I can get.
Agree with that sentiment 100%

As for Aeryn and Crichton, I never see it as that they were killed, I always suspect they were abducted with some kind of weapon unknown to us. I think I have been seeing too much scifi.

Krystal
Krystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2004, 03:06 PM   #12
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

Krystal, I just noticed your avatar. Are you the Krystal who was on the Peter Stebbings list? I used to belong to it, but no longer got Showtime and didn't have time to keep up with the list, especially when I had no idea what was happening on Jeremiah. Love Peter Stebbings, though. I wish that Malek would come back to SG-1.

Old April 12th, 2004, 03:32 PM   #13
kitty
Bad Email Address

Quote:
As a proud (although not as active as I should have been) member of Save Farscape, I was definitely aware of the planned 5 season story arc and was exceptionally upset about the early cancellation. But, as I said, a miniseries is better than nothing, even though they should never have cancelled it in the first place.
I absolutely love Farscape, and Ben Browder, cor (need I say more!).
I was upset that they cancelled it at the end of series 4. and Chuffed when they started the mini.
I agree with Uno, that its better than nothing and should not have been cancelled, but I am still hopeful that it will be continued into another full length series someday.
kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2004, 03:32 PM   #14
Krystal
Bad Email Address

Wink

Quote:
Krystal, I just noticed your avatar. Are you the Krystal who was on the Peter Stebbings list?
Yep, same Krystal. Good to know another Peter fan, and I have to agree with you about Malek coming back to Stargate. I hope we see it again in the future. Or maybe a visit to earth in the new series.

Krystal
Krystal is offline   Reply With Quote