Go Back   Colonial Fleets > FAN CREATIVITY > ART Work - Finished
Notices

Old August 13th, 2011, 11:30 PM   #1
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Default Space battle...Enterprise refit vs Klingon battlecruiser

Finally, here it is....my big space battle between the U.S.S Enterprise refit, and a K't'inga class battlecruiser.

I built the ships in Blender, and then assembled, textured and animated them in iClone. I hope you enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEEAax497XE
Old August 14th, 2011, 02:20 AM   #2
Thunderstruck
Warrior

Default Re: Space battle...Enterprise refit vs Klingon battlecruiser

Nicely done.

Score and sfx aok... where people find some of this stuff and put it all together is something, though I do it too it still leaves me at a loss.

Also, pretty nifty using iClone, have yet to figure it out, got any links to good basic tuts for it? having difficulty finding a good basic starter guide, the default pdf is not a lot of help, like to dive right in .

Also that flickering, I experienced it also in part III BSG vs Empire on a shot and have no clue as to why.

Some of the effects good too. still I do not know how to do lol.

Good Job of it Mr. Enjoyed it.

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/.../Viper-Sig.gif
So much to learn , so little time, and so many ideas with so little knowledge and so much to discover with so many things to try.
Thunderstruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 07:44 AM   #3
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

Colonial Fleets

Thanks, QH. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
The flickering on the one shot where the Klingons close on Enterprise was simply because I was having a time with adjusting the materials of the ship for that one shot. I was trying to get the specularity of the ship uniform, and the keyframing was all out of whack for that one shot.....so, just think of it as, the ship was still coming out of cloak.......very slowly. (There is a precedent. Did you ever see the original TRON? You know those occasional flickers in the walls, and the occasional zaps of energy that sometimes occured along lines in the walls and tubing? Those were actually graphical glitches. But, they added sound effects to those glitches, and made it seem like part of the world. HA HA! Talk about inventiveness in the face of adversity! HA HA! You hear that, adversity! In yo' face! HA HA!)

I'll try to help you out with iClone as much as I can.
Old August 14th, 2011, 11:26 AM   #4
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

Colonial Fleets

There were captions I had worked up, as a sort of dialogue for the bridge crew, but I thought they would distract from the visuals. I might attempt to do voice overs, but for now, here is the story behind the scene.

The Enterprise has been ordered to respond to a distress signal from Gamma Hydra, Section 14. That close to the Federation/Klingon Neutral Zone, Kirk has his suspicions, but doesn't want to entertain them fully until he has proof.

Securing from warp, the Enterprise arrives in GH14, near the moon Medusa 1-4-1, which Spock comments is an unremarkable rock in space. His sensors detect several energy signatures, identified as residuals from a warp core breach, and from Klingon weapons fire.
Spock's instruments then detect another active energy signature from astern. But the nature of the signature suggests an echo of the Enterprise, as it is matching the Enterprise in both speed and heading....that is, until the echo spins up its forward torpedo bay. Sulu defines the readings as a K't'inga class Klingon battlecruiser.
Kirk, tired of the usual diplomatic b.s. when dealing with an invading power, decides upon a different approach. He orders Sulu to maintain speed and heading. Don't let the Klingons know they're onto them. Chekov, concerned, asks about shields and weapons. Kirk gently advises Chekov that that would tip off their hand, and Chekov agrees.
The Klingon fires! Kirk orders shields up. They come up just barely in time to ablate a lot of the potential damage the inbound torpedo can do. The Klingon swings around for another attack run and fires again. The weakened shields only ward off so much of the blast, and the Enterprise is knocked off axis. Scotty, clearly dismayed at the abuse the ol' girl is taking, informs Kirk that the shields cannot handle another attack.
Spock reports that the Klingons have dropped their shields, and are closing to assault transporter range. Apparently, the Klingons intend to make a boarding action. Kirk orders Chekov to target the battlecruiser manually. Sensor lock would give away their play. Chekov complies, reporting the phasers are manually targetted. When the Klingon gets within optimal strike range, Chekov fires, doing severe damage to the closing battlecruiser's neck section. The Klingons break off their boarding approach, and now try to evade the awakened bear. Kirk orders a pursuit course, and then orders Chekov to lock phasers onto the battlecruiser's port warp engine. Chekov fires, and the Klingons' port warp nacelle is blown off the ship.
Another exchange of photon fire! The Klingons' targetting sensors must have been damaged in the Enterprise's attack, because their volley narrowly misses the Enterprise. Kirk orders a full spread of torpedoes. With four direct hits, the Klingons are blown out of the stars.
Spock reports total destruction of the target with high-order detonation. Kirk orders Sulu to lay in a course for Starbase 16 to repair the Enterprise.
Old August 14th, 2011, 04:23 PM   #5
CBSG4ever
Warrior Ace

Location: In My Battlestar over San Diego waiting for everyone else...

Nicely done Steve!
The story plot does help explain what we are seeing. Me likes.
I'm hoping to see something like this for your "Galactica: The Last Battlestar" re-telling. Can't imagine what you might have in the works for it. Standing by with bated breath...
Keep up the great work, my friend.
Best regards.

Steve

"You're gonna need a bigger boat..." Chief Brody - Jaws
"Kind of a bummer gettin' your butt kicked by a dead guy" - Col. T.C. McQueen, S:AaB-(Ray Butts)
"A kind word and a 2-by-4 is better than just a kind word" - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5
"WIVES...uh...aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves?" Starbuck - Living Legend
"Every creature in the Universe is out to exterminate us and YOU want to hire a vocal group." Boomer - Saga of a Starworld
CBSG4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 11:37 PM   #6
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

Colonial Fleets

Thank you, Steve.

Working on this has given me some ideas, believe me.
Old August 15th, 2011, 11:36 PM   #7
Senmut
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by martok2112 View Post
Finally, here it is....my big space battle between the U.S.S Enterprise refit, and a K't'inga class battlecruiser.

I built the ships in Blender, and then assembled, textured and animated them in iClone. I hope you enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEEAax497XE
Blender, huh? Did you add some shaved ice, and a touch of cinnamon?
----------------------------
"You know the night before was a tough one when even the sound of the fizz hurts your head." -Mike Hammer.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2011, 02:03 AM   #8
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senmut View Post
Blender, huh? Did you add some shaved ice, and a touch of cinnamon?
And a wee dash of Melange.