Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old December 11th, 2003, 02:36 AM   #1
skippercollecto
Squadron Leader

Default wondering what generation y thought

I am looking for links to discussion groups about the new miniseries that cater to TV viewers under age 25.
Let me explain. I'm not in that demographic group, first of all--I'm one of the viewers of the original series, which aired my senior year of high school. In fact, until recently, every Internet discussion group I've participated in (for science fiction and every other topic) featured members that were mostly age 35 and up. But in the past 18 months I've been watching a series that is very popular with teens, and their discussions on what they like and dislike in a series, its characters, the sets and lighting, or the special effects are very different from what I look for in a series.
I've looked at the main pages of two youth-oriented discussion areas and--don't know whether this is good or bad--haven't found a lot of discussion about the new Galactica. Maybe it hasn't started yet or maybe this age group wasn't interested to begin with. I looked at
www.fanbolt.com
which had nothing, and
www.forums4fans.com
which had only eight comments in the generic science fiction category.
If you know of any other groups aimed at Generation Y that have had discussion on the show, I'd be interested in reading it, and I think some of you might be as well. The perspectives on things can be very, very different!
Mary
skippercollecto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2003, 07:12 PM   #2
skippercollecto
Squadron Leader

Default found two answers to my question

I now have two answers to the question I had asked earlier this month in which I wondered what viewers age 25 and under thought of the miniseries.
Some of them can be found at www.forums4fans.com
Go to the science fiction category and then to the series of posts about the miniseries. There were mixed reviews there. But the majority of comments, both good and bad, were from people who had never watched the original series and had nothing to compare it to.
The second response can be found at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/richardhatchfans/
One of the group's newest members is 16 years old, and I asked her what she thought of the miniseries, and if any of her friends or classmates had watched it. I think you'll like what she has to say. Just go the post that says re: questions for tara.

Mary
Old December 27th, 2003, 12:04 PM   #3
callsignfalcon
Warrior

oooh oooh! My opinion? I loved it!
callsignfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2003, 01:02 PM   #4
skippercollecto
Squadron Leader

Default to callsignfalcon

Are you saying that you liked the miniseries, or that you liked the comments that Tara and the others wrote?
Mary
Old December 28th, 2003, 02:45 PM   #5
callsignfalcon
Warrior

The mini series... but I'll go read her comments now... I had the link up in a browser to look at but kinda... forgot :uhdrop:
callsignfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2003, 08:45 PM   #6
slider
Shuttle Pilot

Well, this may be true for Generation Y.

Generation Z on the other hand prefers SpongeBob Squarepants overwhelmingly. And is protesting the baby scene by mailing Bonnie Hammer their poopee diapers.
slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2004, 04:01 PM   #7
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

I just read tara's comments. In my opinion given
her statements she's got a good head on her
shoulders.
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote