Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Old December 26th, 2005, 10:21 AM   #1
buckaroohawk
StarBird Pilot

Default What a Glorious Site!

To all Colonial Fleets Administrators and Members:

Hello! My name is Craig (callsign Buckaroohawk) and I just joined this site. You have no idea how long I've been searching for a site like this! I'm a huge Galactica fan (both the original and the new series) and I've been searching for a place to learn more about the original series and make contact with fans.

I also produce 3D animations as a hobby (using 3D Studio Max) and your model resources are the best I've ever seen anywhere on the 'net! I'm a fairly good 3D modeler, but the models on this site are far better than I can produce on my own. I'm looking forward to working with them, and making contact with other modelers and animators so we can trade tips and experiences.

I haven't done a thorough search of the site yet, but I can tell it's going to be a lot of fun. I can't wait to dig deeper and see everything here. And when it comes to 3D modeling, I'm always looking for tips and ideas, so I hope to hear from other members soon.

I hope everyone here has a Happy Holiday Season, and a great New Yahren!

Talk to you soon!

Buckaroohawk
buckaroohawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2005, 04:44 PM   #2
Lara
Squadron Leader

Welcome, Buckaroohawk!!
Sounds like you're going to have some fun around here!!

Remember to come up for food and drink when you're deep in the archives...this place is a feast for the senses but short on actual nourishment, and fainting at the keyboard is bad form

Looking forward to seeing some of your efforts. I don't model, but I sure like looking at the output of those who do..

Enjoy!!

Cheers,
Lara
Old December 26th, 2005, 09:13 PM   #3
buckaroohawk
StarBird Pilot

Battlestar Galactica 2004 Thanks, Lara!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara
Remember to come up for food and drink when you're deep in the archives...this place is a feast for the senses but short on actual nourishment, and fainting at the keyboard is bad form
Dear Lara,

Thanks for the advice. I always keep some cookies and a drink next to the computer, so starving won't be a problem. Fitting into a Viper cockpit, on the other hand, may present a few challenges

Thanks again for writing! Talk to you soon!

Craig
Old December 27th, 2005, 12:06 AM   #4
Senmut
Strike Leader

Welcome aboard, and find yourself a billet in barracks.

See ya in the OC!
----------------------------
"You know the night before was a tough one when even the sound of the fizz hurts your head." -Mike Hammer.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2005, 07:14 AM   #5
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Craig -

Thanks for the wonderful praise...

Welcome to Fleets!

Best,
Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2005, 08:18 AM   #6
buckaroohawk
StarBird Pilot

Senmut and Bryan,

Wow! I really appreciate the warm welcome from other members. I can tell this is going to be a great place to have some fun and learn a lot.

I have to find out how to send some pics of the work I've done so far so people can get an idea of 3D style. Can we post animations as well or only still pics? And does it all have to be BG related or can we go a little freeform? I've got some stuff using a 3D model of the StarBird I built that some of the not-quite-so-young members might enjoy. By the way, if you remember what the StarBird is, give me a call on this here commline. I'd like to here from other fans of that fun, fun toy from our youth!

Okay, I've gotta go. the Commander (my wife) has ordered me to KP duty. In other words, I gotta do the dishes. Ah, the life of a COlonial Warrior. It's not just a job, it's an adventure!

Talk to you all soon!

Craig
Old December 27th, 2005, 09:52 AM   #7
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckaroohawk
Senmut and Bryan,

Wow! I really appreciate the warm welcome from other members. I can tell this is going to be a great place to have some fun and learn a lot.

I have to find out how to send some pics of the work I've done so far so people can get an idea of 3D style. Can we post animations as well or only still pics? And does it all have to be BG related or can we go a little freeform? I've got some stuff using a 3D model of the StarBird I built that some of the not-quite-so-young members might enjoy. By the way, if you remember what the StarBird is, give me a call on this here commline. I'd like to here from other fans of that fun, fun toy from our youth!

Craig

Hey, buckaroo!!

Welcome to the Fleets and to our little outpost on the edge of humanity. Your initial 'take' on the site is dead-on. This IS a great place. (forgive me for a wee bit of bias.)

Anyway, with regards to your questions, I'll pass the word to the Great and Powerful Oz aka "Warrior". When you've hit 5 posts, the PM (Private Message) function will open up to you and then, you'll be able to send him a message, directly, with any other details.

Enjoy yourself and check out the whole place....lots of great stuff here, from fan fiction stories, artwork, and links to the 3D Gladiators site which houses a whole shipload of artwork.

Also, if you're into goofing off a bit, check out some of the game threads, in the Cafe, like the Last Person, etc.....great way to build up some posts.

You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2005, 11:13 AM   #8
zankoku
Shuttle Pilot

Welcome aboard. I here the new guys have KP here also. You throw the dishes in the air and clean them with a laser pistol.

Of course, that is why we use paper plates.

Jim

www.geocities.com/zankoku1946
zankoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2005, 11:33 AM   #9
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by zankoku
Welcome aboard. I here the new guys have KP here also. You throw the dishes in the air and clean them with a laser pistol.

Of course, that is why we use paper plates.

Jim

....so THAT'S what happened to all the plates!

Ah well, the plates I don't mind but, it's danged difficult to eat soup out of a PAPER bowl !!!

You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2005, 12:05 PM   #10
zankoku
Shuttle Pilot

the specialty of the house is soup in a hollowed out round loaf of sourdough bread. And yes I have used paper bowls and C Ration cans.

Pull!

www.geocities.com/zankoku1946
zankoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2005, 07:51 PM   #11
buckaroohawk
StarBird Pilot

Lightbulb Never, ever mess with a REAL warrior!

Fellow Pilots,

You see, Zankoku's got it all figured out. He gets the soup AND he gets to eat the bowl! Like I said, never mess with the REAL warriors. They're ten steps ahead of you and moving twice as fast.

My colonial helmet is off to you and your fellow soldiers, Zankoku. I salute you and your duty in the armed services.

As for my KP duties, boring as it is it comes with certain perks. The Commander gets especially thankful when the barracks are clean (if you know what I mean).

I still haven't had the chance to really dig into the site yet. That probably won't happen until after New Year's when I have a Saturday or Sunday free. In the meantime, I'm asking all members to tell me what your favorite feature is on the site. Give me somewhere to start or a may just flail around like my lateral thrusters are busted. Just give me a clear line of sight, or at least a place to put down for a micron or so.

BST, thanks for sending the word on to Warrior. I'm anxious to show off my 3D work. I hope y'all will enjoy it.

Okay, signing of now. Maren Jensen keeps calling me and my wife is getting suspicious. Talk to you all soon!

Craig