Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old May 25th, 2005, 02:48 PM   #1
skippercollecto
Squadron Leader

Default rick springfield concert

Rick Springfield will sing in concert at White River State Park in Indianapolis Friday, Sept. 2. It's a free concert (so Julie, you might want to go!).
The concert will be at 9 p.m. (slow time--don't ask me to explain slow time!)
For information, visit www.ribamerica.com

Mary
skippercollecto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2005, 03:49 PM   #2
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Slow time = the majority of Indiana's perennial rebellion against daylight savings time. Supposedly next year that will be fixed. I'll believe it when.....

Slow time: We stay on Eastern Standard time. Which means we are actually on Central time in the summer. Except the local TV stations delay broadcasts an hour while the cable channels use the eastern feed.

Rick Springfield. Now that's kinda funny. White River State Park is only a block or so from the convention center for all those SW CIII goers.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2005, 05:47 PM   #3
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Yeah....

Rick Springfield has come to the Sacramento area 2 or 3 times in the last year to do concerts. I had this brief thought about trying to get a pic and go to have it signed - just for grins.

There's something about a mid forties guy (me) taking a picture of Rick Springfield to a concert where it's mostly women in their 30's and 40's still swooning over the guy and his music that put me off that idea.

I'll bet if we got someone like Julie to go, she might even get an interview out of him (hint...hint...).

Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2005, 07:36 PM   #4
jewels

Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini1999
I'll bet if we got someone like Julie to go, she might even get an interview out of him (hint...hint...).

Bryan
And I'm not even a fan. Eeek. How much would he have to say about a show he was in for 5 minutes? (I know, you all want to know too).

Mary? Want to come visit and try for the interview???

Jewels

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

Old May 26th, 2005, 03:55 AM   #5
Titon
Retired or am I?

Special Effects Artist
Battlestar Galactica 2003
COMMAND INSIGNIACoFounder
Colonial Fleets

Now that would be cool!

Interview Zac!

Hehehe.
Old May 26th, 2005, 07:23 AM   #6
jewels

Colonial Fleets

Start coming up with questions for Rick. I'll see if I can find a way to make contact and ask him. Yeesh. I don't even own a tape recorder, gang.

(Mary! HELP!)

Old June 27th, 2005, 06:22 AM   #7
skippercollecto
Squadron Leader

Default sept 2

Julie, I doubt I'll be able to get up to Indianapolis to help you with the interview, if you're still planning to do it. I have one set of questions for him, and some suggestions on how to do the interview:
1. Ask Rick Springfield about how he auditioned for the show, what it was like for him, and if he got to meet any of the other well-known actors who were on that episode (I'm not referring to Richard and Dirk, but rather, Lorne Greene et al).
As for doing the interview, yes, you can invest in a tape recorder, but, truthfully, in 20 years of reporting, I've never used one. It's easier to take a small notebook (either an old-fashioned stenographer's or reporter's notebook--a regular school notebook is too bulky to work with) and take notes. You can scribble pretty fast if you want to! Going back and listening to a tape recorder and trying to transcribe everything is way too time-consuming, and you end up with a lot of extraneous information.
Good luck!
Mary
Old June 27th, 2005, 06:56 AM   #8
julix
Bad Email Address

are you still planning on going Jewels????
julix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2005, 01:18 AM   #9
skippercollecto
Squadron Leader

Default concert

Julie, did you get to go to the Rick Springfield concert when he was in Indy? Or did you go to the one at Belterra?
Old September 20th, 2005, 01:44 PM   #10
jewels

Colonial Fleets

Didn't get to either. We were out of town appeasing all four grandparents with granddaughter.

Jewels

Old September 20th, 2005, 04:40 PM   #11
warhammerdriver
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewels
Didn't get to either. We were out of town appeasing all four grandparents with granddaughter.

Jewels
A much more important endeavor. Gotta keep Granny and Grandpa happy! (Especially when they're your in-laws! )
warhammerdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2005, 08:42 PM   #12
jewels

Colonial Fleets