Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old August 5th, 2003, 08:18 AM   #1
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

Default My Message for Ted and Beth

Ted and Beth,

Since you two are primarily the ones identified in the apology, I'll address this to both of you. I welcome you to come to The Cylon Alliance board and respond to anything you feel is inaccurate or unfair.

Beth:

For reasons I do not understand, you joined in with a person or persons who were doing incredibly inappropriate things. For someone who claims to hold her own integrity so high, in a manner that you become enraged if others hold an unkind opinion of you, your complete and total willingness to assist in the attacks on others is astounding. You were a moderator on the original EZBoard and had full access to all of the information. You contacted me a number of times regarding my and LSF's banning on that board and admitted that you had reviewed all of the information reagrding the "Neo's activities". You claimed to have conversed with Milton James, someone we all know was a complete fabrication. The entire time you knew fully well that honest people were being decieved, attacked, and toyed with by a phantom fandom that was claiming to be victimized by crimes that did not exist.

You've personally sent me a number of hostile "hate" e-mails, and in one case, sent them from two different locations (from static IPs) from two different states within a ten minute timeframe. At least one of those IPs had also been used in causing mischief against the BSG fandom. I have been told that you have gone out to other boards and begged people who are not fans of BSG to come and "stop the fans" because you felt that we were a threat to the career of a single actor.

I can't think of a single thing anyone has done to warrant this response from you. You are a hostile force that has moved in to cause trouble. I can't regard you with many good wishes. If you have a pleasant and admirable side, I haven't seen it. The good things I used to think about you were based on complete lies and total fabrications. Your real character has emerged and it is a dark and sinister one from everything I can see. This fandom deserves a far better apology from you if indeed you were part of the apology we've seen so far. You are not an innocent bystander and we both know you were fully involved in the harm done to many whose only crime was to trust you.

Ted:

I could go on for pages and pages. Your motivations escape me and as I've told you in person, you're acting from a mental mindset I can't understand. For the hope and trust I've shown you, I've been betrayed time and again. Indeed, even when "admitting your crimes" you still intend to decieve others. When we met, I told you that I didn't think Vince or Beth were real. I've since learned that Beth is real but was a full and willing participant in your games. I'd misjudged her actions and when I noted that she was sending hate mail from the same location that had caused other problems I presumed that was you and she was not real. However, someone I trust has provided good reason to believe she is real, which means that she is one of the guilty. Vince is another matter.

There is a real Vince, but I doubt he is really acting in all of this. If he is, he has successfully managed to point the finger at you. Last night I finally went back and checked all of the messages I had from "Vince". They all came from you. When you logged in as SciFiMan76 on The Cylon Alliance Board and posted as Vince pleading with everyone to leave "Apothis" alone and telling everyone how "stupid" they were, you fairly well certified that "Vince" does not exist. The real reason Vince/SciFiMan76 only posted on the SFC Board was that he would have been easily identifiable as you on any other board. You sent me copies of a number of e-mail messages from Vince to you and challenged me, denouncing me with the statement "What, do you think? I talk to myself?" I found that a bit amusing as you spent a fair amount of time talking to yourself under a number of handles on several boards. However, you also did send messages from "Milton James" to yourself and provided those a couple of months earlier as proof that Milton existed. I don't find it hard to beleive that you would repeat the same tactic again.

In my communications with you one thing that quickly became clear was that you have a strong dislike for Michael Faries. I'm not sure if this is jealousy or some misconception on your part. Michael never did anything that I'm aware of to warrant the treatment you gave him. I don't believe I deserved my treatment either. In fact, as time wore on, you accelerated your personal attacks against me, trying various tactics to set me up and convince others that I had somehow lied to them, was trying to censor information, or was responsible for a number of dubious acts. You tried to accuse me of cyberterrorism, planting false information, and so many other things I really can't even recall them all. When I asked you why you had done all of this, you told me my "crime" was that I initially didn't believe the miniseries script was the real script. If anyone should have gotten upset by that opinion, it should have been Ron Moore, not you. Ron is perfectly fine with my initial disbelief. He respects the script reviews I wrote, even though he doesn't agree with them. He never needed you to come to his defense and is not pleased that you have tainted the image of real supporters who he expected to emerge. He knew the existing fanbase would be a hard sell. I try not to speak for others but in this case I think I"m on safe ground saying that he thinks you've made selling this production to the fanbase a lot harder by your actions.

I've seen a couple of apologies from you. They were insincere and never made where they would really count. If you really were apologetic, you'd post the apology at the SFC Board, CF, and CA. You also woundn't infer that your victims somehow deserved what you did or that there was some higher purpose to your tactics. There isn't any. Your actions are nothing better than a mass of drive-by shootings. Your unwillingness to stand up and face the music does prove you to be nothing more than a coward in my eyes. Those you harmed certainly took your abuse. They don't deserve to be told that everything was really their fault.

I've made overatures to you. Your continued insistance that Vince is real flies in the face of overwhelming information to the contrary. I know there is a real Vince and have all his personal information. I doubt he is the one we've been seeing on the boards however. Like the Larson clones, whose handles you mimicked and used to tell others that you were speaking for Glen Larson, I think Vince is among the names and titles that have been hijacked. You may not think that identity theft is a big deal. I personally find it very serious.

Many of us have given you a number of "second chances". Each and every time that's proven to be a serious mistake. I will not trust you until I see specific examples that you are trying to reverse the harm you've caused. A veiled aplogy does not qualify. The people you've harmed, and those who were simply caught in the middle of this foolishness, deserve at least a full confession and sincere apology. I see that as a minimal first step. This shouldn't be on your board. It needs to appear everywhere you caused damage. Real attempts to show that you've changed are needed. Claims that you haven't "cloned" in three months seem shallow when you and I both know that you posed as Vince/SciFiMan76 on The Cylon Alliance board insulting others, declaring they were "stupid" and announcing that everyone should leave Apothis/Ted/.... YOU!!!! alone. When I asked you about that in person, you lied to me and swore you hadn't been on the CA board at all. You continue to lie about "Vince". I'm amazed that any of you can wonder why Beth was called into question. I don't see lying about the past and present as any form of repenting.

You have shown remarkable skills that could have greatly helped the fanbase. Instead, you have squandered them, devoting them to efforts so badly tainted by your actions that they can't be separated to show the good things you've done. You have complimented yourself, proclaiming in one post and in private how much smarter you are than those you've fooled. I find nothing respectable in a liar who chides those who believes his lies. Instead, I find fault with the person whose integrity is so flawed that they continue to try to trick others and then compliment themselves on their cleverness.
You hollow attempt to issue a half-felt apology and denounce your victims doesn't convince me that you are doing anything other than asking people to trust you yet again just so you can screw them over one more time. From everything I've seen, you haven't taken any real steps to fix things.

I'm doubtful you ever will.

Two-Brain