Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Other Science Fiction Shows
Notices
Other Science Fiction Shows A place to discuss all of the other Sci-Fi shows
which may tickle your fancy!

Old March 22nd, 2006, 02:22 PM   #1
bear69designs

Default Moonraker

Here is a Photoshop job of a Moonraker shuttle fantasy design that I did. I was wondering if there were any closet Moonraker buffs lurking here. I am very interested in acquiring good reference material for the Moonraker shuttle if anybody has stuff they would like to share. If there is any located on this forum I haven't been able to find it.

Thanks for viewing...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/b69d/113472299/
Old March 22nd, 2006, 03:14 PM   #2
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly Warrior
The Lone Wolf

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
Colonial Fleets
3D Gladiators
Former Webmaster:
BattlestarGalactica.com
RichardHatch.com
GreatWarofMagellan.com
Web Tech:
LauretteSpang.com
DirkBenedictCentral.com
TombsofKobol.com

Weren't the shuttles the same as the shuttles we use today, only passenger variety?
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"Respect the past. It brought you the present."
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2006, 07:53 AM   #3
bear69designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior
Weren't the shuttles the same as the shuttles we use today, only passenger variety?
Yeah, basically. Most of the scenes involving the shuttles were exterior shots, with some number of cockpit interiors, and then some brief views of the passenger cabin, in the cargo bay.

I don't think the film stands up too well, though it is not bad, but I have always loved that shuttle fleet.
Old March 23rd, 2006, 11:08 AM   #4
BRG
Warrior

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear69designs
I don't think the film stands up too well, though it is not bad, but I have always loved that shuttle fleet.
I sure I read somewhere that Moonraker was a reaction to the Star Wars boom at the time. The plan was to film For Your Eyes Only for the 1979 release. But rushed Moonraker into its place to jump on the Sci-Fi bandwagon.
Not sure if this is true or not, but it would be interesting if it was.

IMHO, Moonraker is the worst James Bond film, closely followed by For Your Eyes Only and Octopussy. But Dr Goodhead is a great name for a Bond Girl!

BTW, Cool picture!
BRG
BRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2006, 09:54 PM   #5
bear69designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRG
I sure I read somewhere that Moonraker was a reaction to the Star Wars boom at the time. The plan was to film For Your Eyes Only for the 1979 release. But rushed Moonraker into its place to jump on the Sci-Fi bandwagon.
Not sure if this is true or not, but it would be interesting if it was.

IMHO, Moonraker is the worst James Bond film, closely followed by For Your Eyes Only and Octopussy. But Dr Goodhead is a great name for a Bond Girl!

BTW, Cool picture!
BRG
I've heard the same thing about the scheduling. Not sure about it either, though the sci-fi mania caused by Star Wars surely influenced the decision to film that story.

Lois Chiles is one of my fave Bond Girls, no matter what name she uses

Thanks for the compliment. I guess there aren't any more closet Moonraker or Bond fans lurking...