Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old January 2nd, 2004, 07:11 PM   #1
piperkev

Thumbs up Red Dwarf??

How about this one: Anyone here like Red Dwarf, or have the new DVDs?? Hilarious show, IMHO!!

Cheers,
Kevin
Old January 3rd, 2004, 10:27 AM   #2
Kester Pelagius
Bad Email Address

Used to play on the local PBS station here a few years back. Nice show. Better than most 30 min sitcoms on nowadays.

Did get a bit silly in the latter seasons though.
Kester Pelagius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2004, 10:31 AM   #3
piperkev

Quote:
Originally posted by Kester Pelagius
Used to play on the local PBS station here a few years back. Nice show. Better than most 30 min sitcoms on nowadays.

Did get a bit silly in the latter seasons though.
Agreed, but "Cassandra" from Series VIII was almost up to the old standard!!

The DVDs are VERY well done, with TONS of extras, if you're into that. Series III and IV are supposed to be out next month!!

Cheers,
Kevin
Old January 3rd, 2004, 10:37 AM   #4
Kester Pelagius
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally posted by piperkev
The DVDs are VERY well done, with TONS of extras, if you're into that. Series III and IV are supposed to be out next month!!
Haven't actually collected too many series on DVD. For the most part I tend to only have a few favorite episodes of shows, and don't want to buy entire boxed sets just for a handful of nostalgic goodness.

Then again since the Red Dwarf DVDs are done so well I guess you've just twisted my arm. . . .

That and maybe Firefly. I blinked and it was gone before I got a chance to see it. Ah, the mysteis of television. Sitcoms can move from network to network until the producers have to face the fact their show it utter drek . . but science fiction? One episode. . . two episode. . .

Where'd it go? :confused:
Old January 3rd, 2004, 08:16 PM   #5
piperkev

I missed Firefly when it aired, but based on things I've read since then I may have to take the plunge and buy the series sight unseen!! The only other shows I had to buy on DVD were Space:1999 (My teenhood returns to haunt me!!) and UFO, both really blasts from my past!! And BSG, of course, although it was a Christmas present from the spousal unit!!

Cheers,
Kevin
Old January 3rd, 2004, 10:22 PM   #6
callsignfalcon
Warrior

I loved Red Dwarf! Oh and anyone who hasn't bought the Firefly dvd's your missing out! 3 unaired episodes... and they're in the origanal order, not the order they aired in! Plus interviews, bloopers. deleted scenes... One awesome dvd set...

I used to watch RD when it was on PBS too... hmmm i miss that show
callsignfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2004, 11:13 PM   #7
Kester Pelagius
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally posted by callsignfalcon
I loved Red Dwarf! Oh and anyone who hasn't bought the Firefly dvd's your missing out! 3 unaired episodes... and they're in the origanal order, not the order they aired in! Plus interviews, bloopers. deleted scenes... One awesome dvd set...

I used to watch RD when it was on PBS too... hmmm i miss that show
Soon as my new 27" gets delivered I'll have to buy something to test it out. The Red Dwarf DVDs are starting to look better and better.

Now if they'd only release the BBC Robin Hood series from the 80s. . .
Old January 11th, 2004, 10:34 AM   #8
Quoshara
Klingon Wolf Trainer

I loved Red Dwarf. Comedic Sci-Fi is just something we don't seem to have much of... or not for very long. ((Anyone remember "Quark" the series?)) It's very hard to do well... and a lot of Sci-Fi fans, unfortunately, take themselves too seriously to enjoy it.

Of course, I always get a chuckle out of watching old Dr. Who eps.... a lot of comedy in those.... And spoofiness...