Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Old June 28th, 2004, 11:35 AM   #31
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg
Harrassment is a crime.

There's something else at work here, then, if nobody will touch this.

Is this woman in some official position?

First, change your phone number and make it unlisted/unpublished. Don't give it out to anyone you don't absolutely have to give it to. Keep track of who you DO give it to; if she gets it, then you can figure out where she got it.

You may as well make it difficult for her if you can.

And by all means document everything. You may not be able to do much right now, but a history trail will help in the long run.

I am
Dawg
She's the 'SCHOOL Nurse'. And yes I am documenting EVERYTHING.
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2004, 11:44 AM   #32
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiningstar
The police told me "Until she
committs a crime .........there's nothing they can do."
Shiningstar, she is committing a crime! I'm not sure if you have only dealt with one officer in your local department (who may know this person and not feel as if they can act on it) or several, but the first thing to do is make sure you have gone all the way up the chain of command to the Chief (or Sheriff) with your very valid complaint. Refer them to New Mexico State Statute 30-20-12 which states (I've highlighted the relevant sections in blue, but here's the whole law):

Quote:
30-20-12. Use of telephone to terrify, intimidate, threaten, harass, annoy or offend; penalty.

A. It shall be unlawful for any person, with intent to terrify, intimidate, threaten, harass, annoy or offend, to telephone another and use any obscene, lewd or profane language or suggest any lewd, criminal or lascivious act, or threaten to inflict injury or physical harm to the person or property of any person. It shall also be unlawful for any person to attempt by telephone to extort money or other thing of value from any other person, or to otherwise disturb by repeated anonymous telephone calls the peace, quiet or right of privacy of any other person at the place where the telephone call or calls were received, or to maliciously make a telephone call, whether or not conversation ensues, with intent to annoy or disturb another, or to disrupt the telecommunications of another.

B. The use of obscene, lewd or profane language or the making of a threat or statement as set forth in Subsection A shall be prima facie evidence of intent to terrify, intimidate, threaten, harass, annoy or offend.

C. Any offense committed by use of a telephone as set forth in this section shall be deemed to have been committed at either the place where the telephone call or calls originated or at the place where the telephone call or calls were received.

D. Whosoever violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor, unless such person has previously been convicted of such offense or of an offense under the laws of another state or of the United States which would have been an offense under this section if committed in this state, in which case such person is guilty of a fourth degree felony.
Advise the police that if they do not act on this complaint that you will contact everyone up to the Attorney General's Office with a formal complaint. (If this occurred in New Hampshire I would go to the town's selectmen (or city council) and then the State Police first, but I am not familiar with New Mexico law.)

The Attorney General is considered the chief law enforcement officer in the state and they will at least look into it for you. The phone number for the Santa Fe Office is: (505) 827-6000 and the phone number for the Albuquerque Office is: (505) 222-9000. The Attorney General's name is Patricia A. Madrid.

Please let me know what happens with this. I work in law enforcement and am absolutely horrified that no one seems to have done anything about this.

Each smallest act of kindness reverbrates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.

This Momentous Day, H. R. White

unowhoandwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2004, 12:11 PM   #33
Darth Marley
GINO Public Defender

Actually, if you start with the state AG office, it might be a good move.
Law enforcment officers are in a different business than the prosecutors.
Old June 28th, 2004, 12:32 PM   #34
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

SS -

I agree with what everyone has said. There is some really good advice here, I hope that you use some of it to your advantage. If nothing else, the idea to change your phone number and request to have it unlisted (like I do) is a good measure. You mentioned the phone company helping you tap the lines - how about having the phone company block her number (and any others she uses) from calling yours? I don't know if that's available thru your local phone company, but you should at least check it out.

It is totally wrong that you are being harrassed like this, when there is no legal ground for it. What is this whack job's problem? What is her connection to you and how did she come to stalk you so relentlessly? Of course, it's really none of my business - so if it's too private, I understand.

We are with you 100 percent, girl!

Take care,
Bryan
________
Honda cb500t history
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2004, 03:04 PM   #35
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Hey SS.

I'm really sorry again. Both for my oops and they harasssment you are receiving. I hope that evil woman gets her day roasted in court. I hopr things get settled with justice swinging down hard.

One suggestion I have, have you thought about getting an additional phone line? You can leave her on that number, and keep the other unlisted and just give out to your friends and family. And the line you expect the nurse can be diverted to a phone answering machine. At least you wouldn't have to hear here when you didn't ecpect to. You can altleast have some control over when you have to deal with her.

Also, since this thread now has alot of your personal feelings, would you like us to move it to a less public forum?

I hope time soon will give you peace from this woman as your paths diverge.

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2004, 04:32 PM   #36
ojai22
Dancing Viper Queen

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiningstar
I did that OJai. I even had my phone tapped by the phone company.
Not ONE lawyer would take my case. The police told me "Until she
committs a crime .........there's nothing they can do."
The Police are correct - they arrest criminals, but this sounds criminal to me. The question is, will she make these accusations on an answering machine? The woman I told you about did, but she was strung out on drugs when she left her messages on all our machines. BUT you can tape it with a small recorder if she refuses to say incriminating things into a machine that she knows is running.

She sounds much like the woman I mentioned earlier. This woman could get attorneys and judges to do her bidding. Like she was so innocent, and she did it all using free services while we had to pay an attorney - but she made a mistake, and your tormentor will make one, too. Be prepared for it.

Old June 28th, 2004, 07:43 PM   #37
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojai22
The Police are correct - they arrest criminals, but this sounds criminal to me. The question is, will she make these accusations on an answering machine? The woman I told you about did, but she was strung out on drugs when she left her messages on all our machines. BUT you can tape it with a small recorder if she refuses to say incriminating things into a machine that she knows is running.

She sounds much like the woman I mentioned earlier. This woman could get attorneys and judges to do her bidding. Like she was so innocent, and she did it all using free services while we had to pay an attorney - but she made a mistake, and your tormentor will make one, too. Be prepared for it.

She spoke on the answering machine and left VOLUMES of evidence which
if it had been left by someone who was not a "SCHOOL" employee .......
would probably have been taken Seriously.

I'm waiting for that to happen.
Old June 28th, 2004, 08:15 PM   #38
thomas7g
out there somewhere

Colonial Fleets
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

can you sue the school?

Old June 28th, 2004, 08:37 PM   #39
repcisg
Bad Email Address

Question - does the school receive Federal money for the school nurse?

If so a federal prosecuter might be interested. If she is using shcool resources during school hours then she is using federal money fraudulently.

Just a thought.
Good luck.
repcisg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2004, 07:34 AM   #40
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas7g
can you sue the school?
According to the lawyers who refused to help me. Not a chance in HELL.
Old June 29th, 2004, 07:37 AM   #41
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

How about going to the school board? I can't believe that no one will help you get her to stop harassing you. If you lived in the town where I work, we would definitely arrest her. Heck, we arrested a police officer from another town and charged him with Disobeying a Police Officer!

Each smallest act of kindness reverbrates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.

This Momentous Day, H. R. White

unowhoandwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2004, 09:45 AM   #42
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by unowhoandwhy
How about going to the school board? I can't believe that no one will help you get her to stop harassing you. If you lived in the town where I work, we would definitely arrest her. Heck, we arrested a police officer from another town and charged him with Disobeying a Police Officer!
I tried everything including that. WHat I did though ........is in the fall my dear
child will be going to a different school. That has a 'nurse' who knows how to
do her job without being a power freak about it. NOW if she dares to call
my home when My daughter is no longer in her jurisdiction .............I'll have
her. And if I have anything to say about it .........so will the ACLU.
Old June 29th, 2004, 10:15 AM   #43
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

SS-

Firstly, I am sorry to hear that you are and have had this sort of harrassment.

Do call your state's attorney general's office.

Report the harrassment to your state board of education too, if you haven't.

I could have sworn that if phone harrassment was occuring, it was actually a thing for the Feds due to the phones being federally regulated. I would call the FCC and ask them how that is governed.

I would get that unlisted phone number this summer and make sure that only the new school can access you that way. Because the phone company has already tapped your lines, they should be able to unlist you without charging you for that service. And I would ask about blocking her numbers. Especially since she will no longer have a valid reason to call you since your child will be in another school.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2004, 11:29 AM   #44
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewels
SS-

Firstly, I am sorry to hear that you are and have had this sort of harrassment.

Do call your state's attorney general's office.

Report the harrassment to your state board of education too, if you haven't.

I could have sworn that if phone harrassment was occuring, it was actually a thing for the Feds due to the phones being federally regulated. I would call the FCC and ask them how that is governed.

I would get that unlisted phone number this summer and make sure that only the new school can access you that way. Because the phone company has already tapped your lines, they should be able to unlist you without charging you for that service. And I would ask about blocking her numbers. Especially since she will no longer have a valid reason to call you since your child will be in another school.
Thanks Jewels. And thank you thomas. Yes I think you're right this
needs to be going back to KOBE BRYANT.

Usually I hear some news about him every few days but haven't heard
anything about him for some time now.

Any one have any news on him or his Defense team?
Old June 29th, 2004, 01:08 PM   #45
thomas7g
out there somewhere

Colonial Fleets
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

I was just concerned that you may not like some facts about yourself in a very public place. I'm naturally a fairly private person so I notice these things.

Regarding Kobe, I read the LA Times Sprts section quite frequently. Nearly every day during the basketball season. And every day there is something new about the case. I've probably the most read person on this case here. I've read a mountain of articles. Which is probably why I am the most angry at the litigants. I have a very very very low opinion of everyone involved with the case.

I don't think everyone who tries to go to a celebrities room late at night is a slut. I just think this specific one is. I don't trust what Kobe's defense lawyer implies. But there is a ton of info on this girl. Its not hard to find. She's giving ALOT of indications of a very un-nice girl.

Right now they are dealing with that last leak. The judge issued an order to destroy the leaked evidence, frankly that order exceeds his authority. Infact its unconstitutional. It goes against the "prior restraint" mentioned in the 1st amendment. Once the goverment gives out documents, regardless of if it is a mistake, its is fair game for anyone to print it. That's the law. And the Colorado Supreme Court is starting to get tough with the Eagle Rock judge on this.

Old June 29th, 2004, 01:24 PM   #46
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Yes I noticed that the Eagle Rock Judge was exceeding his authority there.
His 'efforts' would be better served to find WHO leaked the INFO and Fire
the dear AFTER HE/SHE was charged with contempt of court.........and
obstruction of justice. I do believe who ever is releasing the documents
is guilty of OBSTRUCTION of justice.

And Yes the EAGLE ROCK judge is exceeding his authority by doing what
he's currently doing. If he can't act within the bounds of the law they need
to relieve him of his duties and find someone who can.